The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tactics
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Games (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eisen
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Tactics Reply with quote

During the absence of my FFT copy I've had an increasing urge to play a good tactics game. I'm wondering if anyone has any good games to recommend. I've beaten Shining Force, FFTA, Onimusha Tactics, and the Fire Emblem games.
Phoenixhr
Brigadier Aspirant
Brigadier Aspirant

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you own a PSP, be on the look out for dungeons and Dragons tactics dropping next month.

Also if you want old school, look up vandal hearts 1 and 2 for the PS.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super excited about FFT on the psp... so gonna dominate people in the new vs. mode! If you can find Tactics Ogre its pretty kickin rad.
"People really donít like to hear success explained away as luck ó especially successful people. As they age, and succeed, people feel their success was somehow inevitable. They donít want to acknowledge the role played by accident in their lives. There is a reason for this: the world does not want to acknowledge it either." -- Michael Lewis
Banzai_Kitty
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ever tried Disgaea 1 or 2 or La Pucelle Tactics? Basically anything from Altus. I have Disgaea 1 and it's this hilarious little tactics game about this brat demon prince try to take over Hell....and there's exploding penguins...with knives.
Exzavier
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played some of Ogre Battle Atactics advance but never beat it. It was alot like FFT.
CrushFearSynth
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Tactics Ogre games were pretty awesome. Not to mention they were pretty much the first games of that nature. FFT was built off of the premise. One of my all time favorites(though not strictly the same type of game) was Fallout: Tactics. That game had me glued for months.
midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suikoden Tactics is also pretty decent, especially if you are a fan of the series... and if you aren't PM me your address so I may come and kill you. Hmmm, what else... um, The original Ogre Battle and Ogre Battle64 are different but amazing, its like kinda like chess for people with ADD. Fire Emblem is sexy as well.
"People really donít like to hear success explained away as luck ó especially successful people. As they age, and succeed, people feel their success was somehow inevitable. They donít want to acknowledge the role played by accident in their lives. There is a reason for this: the world does not want to acknowledge it either." -- Michael Lewis
Banzai_Kitty
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Advance Wars!
Eisen
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot about beating Tactics Ogre. I played Advance Wars 1 and 2 and got bored. I played Super Robot Taisen Original Generation 2 yesterday and it's so damn annoying. There's more dialog in that game than a Kevin Smith movie in just the first chapter... and one fight. So I got very bored, very fast. I find no entertainment in rapidly hitting A for 5min worth of just skipping dialog.
Eisen
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decided to play through FFTA for a third time. I didn't know it has an expert mode with secret missions.
TeflonJon
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

<-----

Fallout Tactics.....
I like rolling in with a whole team of snipers. It makes life fun.
Banzai_Kitty
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Combine your love of Naruto with your love of tactics games and play Make-out Tactics from Naruto!
midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

/drool

http://pspupdates.qj.net/Some-Final-Fantasy-Tactics-The-Lion-War-PvP-details/pg/49/aid/86155
CrushFearSynth
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Sigh* Now I'll have to get a stupid PSP.
Immyls
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just got one a bit ago, and i have to say that i love it. it watches movies(that i DL onto it. i'm not paying for UMD flicks), it listens to podcasts and mp3s, it reads ebooks(though it has issues saving your place) and it also acts as a PSP. all in all, i really like it, despite not having played either of the two games i have for more than an hour or two out of the probably 20-30 hours that i've had the thing on. it is the greatest combo of palm pilot, dvd player, and mp3 player that you could think of for the boat. it even fits in the combo drawer on my coffin locker. i highly recomend it, and i don't usually like handhelds.
CrushFearSynth
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still hoping to get my hands on a TurboExpress one of these days.
Phoenixhr
Brigadier Aspirant
Brigadier Aspirant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ebay my friend. I picked mine up for $40 a few years ago.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Eisen
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played through some of the first dungeon in La Pucelle Tactics earlier. Please tell me it gets AT LEAST a hundred times better. From what I played... I was highly disappointed and turned off from a bunch of stuff.
Exzavier
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Immyls wrote:
i just got one a bit ago, and i have to say that i love it. it watches movies(that i DL onto it. i'm not paying for UMD flicks), it listens to podcasts and mp3s, it reads ebooks(though it has issues saving your place) and it also acts as a PSP. all in all, i really like it, despite not having played either of the two games i have for more than an hour or two out of the probably 20-30 hours that i've had the thing on. it is the greatest combo of palm pilot, dvd player, and mp3 player that you could think of for the boat. it even fits in the combo drawer on my coffin locker. i highly recomend it, and i don't usually like handhelds.

Yes, the PSP is awesome.
If it had good organizer software and a faster web browser it would be the best handheld device out there.
Those are the only 2 things it is lacking.
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I think the PSP is the biggest waste of money out there. Shitty battery life, shitty game selection, shitty movie selection (they no longer make UMD movies as of recently), ridiculous price, especially if you consider that buying the PSP isn't enough, you need to spend money on a bunch of other crap to even make it even remotely worthwhile (for example, the memory stick that it comes with holds a grand total of 32 MB, whoop-dee-doo).

The design is pretty horrible too, since it's so prone to finger-prints, markups, scratches, etc. and if you drop the thing at all, it's toast (you shouldn't be dropping it anyway, but realistically, who hasn't dropped their cell phone, or whatnot? Poor design is poor design).

All-in-all, it just sucks, and basically everyone I know would agree with me, and I very rarely shoot down ANY system, handheld or not, I've never taken a side in console/compay wars, so this is as unbiased as it gets.

You want an MP3 player? Get an MP3 player. You want a handheld gaming system? Get a handheld gaming system. You want a portable DVD player? Get one. You shop properly and you will get ALL of these things on their own for a cheaper price than you would pay for a PSP, and each one would be better quality.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Games (General) All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: