The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Endurance Training

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> WoW - World of Warcraft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 3:36 am    Post subject: Endurance Training Reply with quote

Well, I made 21 last night and chose Rank 1 Endurance Training.  I wanted to see exactly how they did rounding, so I targetted my pet to see it's health number.  It was 523 HP.  There were no stamina buffs/debuffs on it, so it was base HP.  I clicked Endurance Training and (surprise, surprise), his health went to 484.  I was a little torqued by this...

<breaks out calc.exe> 523 x 102% = 533.46 (probably 533 hp).
484 / 523 hp = 0.9254
0.9254 x 100 = 92.54%
100% - 92.54% = 7.46%

So, using a talent that increases my pet's health by 2% actually lowers it by 7.5%.

At 20, I picked up Bestial Swiftness (increase pet speed by 30%).  That coincides well with Aspect of the Cheetah (increase run speed by 30%, dazed if damaged).  However, running over hilly terrain, my pet falls behind until he is unsummoned.  Oh, this occurs whether or not I use Aspect of the Cheetah.  My pet should be able to keep up with me easily with Bestial Swiftness.  My pet keeps up with me if (and only if) I am swimming or running on a perfectly flat surface (BS only works outdoors, too, btw).

I submitted a petition since I was steamed last night.  There was no actual response while I was online (shocker).  Today, I get an email:

Quote:
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to submit this report. We appreciate the feedback
and look into each report we receive.  While we cannot guarantee a response, we
can assure you that the report will be read and investigated.

You can also check our forums ("http://www.worldofwarcraft.com") where you can discuss game issues with other users.

Regards,
Elimtos
Game Master
Blizzard Entertainment
www.worldofwarcraft.com

Customer satisfaction is a top priority here at Blizzard Entertainment, and we would like your feedback on the level of service you have received. Please feel free to provide such feedback at the following web address: <link removed>

I'm really getting tired of the lack of communication and lack of bugfixes.  It seems to me that the larger the game company is, the longer it takes for anything to get done.  

/rant off
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Navillus
Squatter
Squatter

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that the bestial swiftness only affects "closing to target" speed.  Both the swiftness talent and what you are encountering with the hilly terrain are classified under the "pet run speed bug" which has been addressed by Caydiem, our moderator on Hunter issues on the WoW boards.  The current status of the pet run speed bug is that it has been identified but they have yet to implement a solution.  Or rather they thought they did but it didn't work.  Apparently a pathing issue is also linked to it, but this issue should have been resolved by now, especially since it has existed since Beta.  IF the pet is supposed to be a part of our DPS calculation and keep mobs at range, then we need them to be effective.  As for that health issue, I have no idea.  My bear gained both the health and armor normally.  What animal do you have?
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ice claw bear.  He's 20 while I'm 21.
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Resheph
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats REALLY wierd that your talent lowered your pets Health, mine works fine.  Also just to clear something up, your pet falling behind until he's gone isn't the infamous "Pet Speed Bug". Bliz knows about this, it's horrible pathing issues where your pet hits little "bug's" throughout the terrain slowing him down. It's the same thing as jumping down a huge mountain but landing on a certain spot on the slope where you 'glitch' and don't lose health.  Certain zones are worse then others, and certain areas of the zones are fine, whereas other areas are bugged.  Yay Bliz!

The infamous "Pet Speed Bug" which Bliz's dev's damn well know about and haven't done shit to fix is as follows: At any time if a movement speed slowing spell, snare, etc is cast  on your pet he gets the "pet speed bug" and will run VERY VERY slowly. So slowly that you run 2x as fast without Aspect of the Cheetah/Pack. This happens EVERY time, and never doesn't happen. Even with Beastial Swiftness, they run the same speed after being bugged as a non BS pet.  We've (Hunters) been bitching for months, and they just tell us "They're working on it" like everything else.

Oh and yes....Beastial Swiftness only increses "Closing Speed" when they're running after a target. King B, Snarler (or any Longtooth Runner) and Takk all used to be able to run down elite mounts with BS before they were nerfed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> WoW - World of Warcraft All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: