The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

June Update
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> FFXI - Final Fantasy Online
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: June Update Reply with quote

This is a fairly interesting read....

http://www.bluegartrls.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19177

Not sure how I feel about the new PUP updates. The traits seem better than the abilities, but I guess it depends on timers. I'm guessing they'll make the timers really long just to piss me off.

Lotan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/1826/detail.html

Quote:
The following is just a handful of the additions and adjustments planned for the next version update:

New Missions
The next episode in the Treasures of Aht Urhgan mystery is about to unfold. What role does the "mystery knight" play in this epic tale?

Chocobo Raising & Racing
Issues with text display during chocobo races will be addressed. In addition, players will now be able to receive condensed updates from trainers, as well as give multiple servings of feed to their chocobos at once.

Transportation
- Aht Urhgan
New NPCs have been stationed in Bastok, San d'Oria, and Windurst offering teleportation to Aht Urhgan Whitegate. A small fee is planned for the service.

- Choco-gals
Choco-gals will now offer chocobo rentals from the teleport crystals in the Eastern Altepa desert and the Yhoator Jungle, as well as from the leypoint in the WaENom Woodlands

- Outpost Teleportation
The level restriction on players allowed to use the outpost teleportation services located in Bastok, Windurst, and San d'Oria will be lowered. In conjunction with this change, a fee adjustment is also being considered.

They're about 3 years late on the OP warp level restriction, but these look like some nice changes.

Lotan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're late on a lot of changes they've made, but I don't care, better late than never. I can't express how impressed I am with SE these past 6 months, they're really doing a great job.
Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/1839/detail.html

Quote:
In response to many player requests, we are planning to adjust the difficulty of the Chains of Promathia missions in the upcoming version update, as well as introduce a new experience point reward upon the completion of a mission battlefield.

Adjustments to Difficulty
Particularly challenging Chains of Promathia battlefields, such as those that appear in the Promyvion areas (Holla, Dem, Mea, Vahzl), and the missions "Flames for the Dead" and "The Warrior's Path", will have their difficulty level toned down. These adjustments will include changes to monster level and placement.
We also hope that the following changes to items used specifically against Chains of Promathia enemies will encourage players to brave the dangers found in the mission battlefields.

-Rare/Ex Properties
The special items introduced for use against enemies found within the Chains of Promathia battlefields will have their "Ex" properties removed, allowing these items, such as psychoanima and mistmelt, to be put up for auction. Certain items will also have the "Rare" property removed, allowing players to carry multiples of the same item.

Experience Point Rewards
After changes made in the March 8 version update, players no longer lose experience when being KO'd within a Chains of Promathia mission battlefield. In the upcoming version update, players will also be rewarded with experience points (or limit points) upon the successful completion of a battlefield. The experience point reward will be slightly less than the amount received for ENM quests, but it will be possible for players to obtain this new reward once every Earth day.

Not that I care that much anymore, but seems a bit lame to me. We did it fine, and that was before anyone in our static was 75 or had merits.

Lotan
Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the "official" translation of the chat:

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/event/sep2007/

Lotan
Glistam
I plead the Third
I plead the Third

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part of that change will likely help entice people to help out those who still might need it. I see it as good all around.

What I've been doing.
What I'm also doing.
What I wish I did more of.
What I've done.
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really disappointed with the CoP changes. The XP bonus is a fantastic idea, no doubt, but lowering the difficulty? I'm really sick of people whining that stuff is too hard because they can't figure it out, and SE babying them. SE was fun BECAUSE it was hard. ToAU sucks, they should realize by now that it's horrible. BCNMs that I can solo, and then a bunch of CS is what ever mission patch consists of.

If the next expansion is another joke, I'm going to be severely disappointed.
Eisen
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Assault Missions and Mercenary Rank! (05/24/2007)

A new mercenary officer rank will be awarded to players that complete the new promotion quest to be added in the upcoming version update.

What unusual trials await as you strive to enter the upper hierarchy of Salaheem's Sentinels?

New Assault Missions

We plan to introduce five new missions to challenge players who have entered the mercenary officer ranks. Here's a sneak preview of what lies in store:
Wake the Puppet

During a previous mission to eliminate the Undead Swarm presence from Periqia, the Imperial forces were forced to abandon a valuable automaton upon their retreat. You are to infiltrate the area, locate the machine, and return it to Al Zahbi.

Red Versus Blue

Joint battle exercises are to be carried out between the Immortals (blue) and the Inexorables (red). You have been assigned to assist the blue team. The first side to defeat the leader of the other will be declared victor.

These new Assault missions will provide an interesting and difficult challenge for even the most experienced mercenary!

Report to the Commissions Agency for duty!

Leedon

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does that guy plan to do with a shinai?
It makes no sense to me.

-Flirtin' with Disaster, Molly Hatchet
Eisen
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like he was modeled with Mr. Slave in mind.

Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/1880/detail.html

Quote:
A new, massively multiplayer battlefield is in the works for the upcoming version update.
The following is a brief outline on the new, multi-faceted feature:

Concept
Einherjar is an ever-changing multiplayer battlefield based in the Hazhalm Training Grounds. Because the monsters appearing in the dungeons will differ with each visit, a balanced party consisting of skilled, high-level players is recommended to clear these challenging missions.

Participation
6 to 36 players, level 60 and above, can enter each chamber of the Hazhalm Testing Grounds. An item similar to the hourglass used for Dynamis will allow parties to reserve one of the multiple areas, and will be required for entry. No previous Aht Urhgan missions need to be completed before participating.

Battles
After a party chooses a room, they will have 30 minutes to wipe out all the enemies before being teleported back out of the area. This time limit cannot be extended. Each area consists of a large room filled with several weak monsters, and one powerful boss monster. Parties must eliminate all the monsters in the area for the mission to be considered complete. Clearing all the chambers will grant players access to the final area where they will finally learn the secrets that lie deep in the bowels of Hazhalm.

Rewards
An Assault-like system is planned, where points earned in the Training Grounds can be used to purchase various items. The monsters lurking within Hazhalm will also drop rare items that cannot be obtained anywhere else in Vana'diel.

Lotan
Splinte
Brigadier Recruit
Brigadier Recruit

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope it doesn't fail like Nyzul Isle.
Yobun
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

prolly won't because blu cor pup relic will be from there.
Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure Nyzul will get more popular once people figure out what the weapons do from floor 100.

I'd really like some Goliard Mitts from Nyzul sometime Very Happy

Lotan
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yobun wrote:
prolly won't because blu cor pup relic will be from there.

No, everyone keeps saying this, but the devs specifically said in a recent interview they had not yet determined when, how, or where they would release ToAU jobs' relic gear.
Eisen
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, that's just to throw you off.
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eisen wrote:
Eh, that's just to throw you off.

Mm, I don't think so. ;P
Eisen
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The maximum limit for point allocation in the "Combat Skills" and "Magic Skills" merit point categories will be increased for all jobs.

"Combat Skills" maximum total ability increases:
12 > 20

"Magic Skills" maximum total ability increases:
8 > 16

* The maximum limit for each of the abilities within these categories will remain unchanged.
Splinte
Brigadier Recruit
Brigadier Recruit

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems it makes the game alot easier, but at the same time, i'll admit, it'll be nice to cap the two weapons I want to cap. If I ever get a ridill or something(lol) then i'll be set.
Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For PUP, the Abilities seem fairly worthless. Exchange hate? How would the puppet or master generate hate in the first place?

HP swap could be interesting, but probably not. I'd rather have "Empathy" personally like a DRG.

Hopefully the traits are significant, but I have my doubts.

Lotan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> FFXI - Final Fantasy Online All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: