The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another Job Opportunity for me
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Exzavier
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a new large cube at work with a large window however.......

The window overlooks the daycare and playground! Kids are Loud!
Chick!
Brigadier Recruit
Brigadier Recruit

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last class of my master's degree is done. Licensing exam is done. Now to find a job. I've applied for a VA out reach position at The University of Texas, a VA position in Health Care for Homeless Vets, a Cognitive Counselor Position for Adult Probation, one hospital job, and a Victim's Counselor Position with The Travis County District Attorney's Office. Applying for lots more this weekend. I sure hope something shakes out soon!

I think we should take the economy, put a bag over its head, shot gun a few beers, and get it over with.---Dick Calhoun, Write in Party, SNL

I'm not sure even the jolly green giant has the balls to teabag the whitehouse.--Jon Stewart
TeflonJon
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woot woot. Good luck!
Ryrra
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome. Good luck with the Job search I am sure it will pan out.

Whenever you are asked if you can do a job, tell 'em, 'Certainly I can!' Then get busy and find out how to do it.
-Theodore Roosevelt (1858 - 1919)-
Smile
Ryrra
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any one want a job as a nuclear operations instructor? LaSalle is currently looking for 2 instructors. Let me know and I will put your name to the heiring manager

Whenever you are asked if you can do a job, tell 'em, 'Certainly I can!' Then get busy and find out how to do it.
Smile
Eisen
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just graduated with my BS the other day. Now to find a good(ish) job so I can go for my masters.
Exzavier
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What field? What states are you looking for a job in?
Eisen
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Criminal Justice. I've been looking for openings in GBI and other state agencies in Georgia. Just put in an app for Compliance Investigator for Chatham county. That one was MOSTLY done to be near Savannah... I've never been to Savannah but folks keep telling me I'd probably never want to leave if I went. I really want to do stuff like CSI or homicide investigations.

My ideal situation would be to find something local so I can get my master's degree out of the way. After the masters, work in the field for a while. When I feel it's time I want to apply for a teaching position at a college for CJ. By then I'll probably need a doctorate. I'm not looking forward to being a Dr. King in Alabama to be honest...
Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats buddy!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Eisen
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graduation was kinda funny, actually. I never planned on walking. My adviser would always ask why I decided not to and my answer was always the same: 1) my mother told me it didn't matter to her if I decided not to walk and 2) Batman wouldn't walk. So, when graduation came around I was standing in the audience while my classmates enjoyed their spotlight.

Well, apparently, the popos didn't want folks standing around the arena and they told us (the crowd, my roommate, and me) to find a seat. My roommate and I say fuck that and instead just decide to walk around the area and stand in a different spot. Popo ask us to find a seat again but apparently by then the arena was at capacity. At that point they decided to start seating people in the extra chairs behind the graduates.

My other roommate and his girlfriend just about died when they saw me walking out to take a seat. I still got to experience sitting in front of about a third of Columbus, GA. I still stood and waved when they called my category and no one was telling me to behave. I sent the picture above to the redhead next to the camera man in the photo and she freaked out. My advisers, teachers, and she began to text me to ask how the hell I got there. Still got to sing the alma mater which I may have changed the lyrics to the Pokemon theme song.

I still got to do everything like a regular graduate with the exception for spending money on cap and gown, arriving two-three hours early for rehearsal, actually walking on stage, and I could have left whenever I wanted to!
Exzavier
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So @ work I have 20 external USB 3.0 HDDs that need copied to a server. Each HDD has about 500GB of data. (~10TB Total).

The server has just 2 USB 2.0 ports.

I asked about getting a USB 3.0 card installed but the work request would take at least 3 months. 3 months is an 'aggressive' estimate.

Three other people agreed it would take a tech 1 hour to insert the card and install drivers.

Instead of 20+ days to copy all these HDDs it could be 5+ days but I cannot get it approved.

Every time the drives are finished being copied I have to submit a ticket for a tech to attach the next to drives and then a second ticket for the sys admin to copy the files.
Exzavier
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I have an onsite interview for a GIS Transportation Consultant position on Friday morning.

My brain is racing so much. I still have 3 days at work until I drive down to the interview. Just cannot get stuff out of my mind. Ideas, possible move and work topics keep racing around. After 6 years at my current workplace I am ready for a change.
Ryrra
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have 2 New Job opportunities to evaluate. There is an internal Training Management position which I interviewed for on Monday. I think it went well. I also have an interview Tomorrow with Palo Verde Nuclear in Phoenix which is close to where I grew up and in a much warmer climate. Also Yobun likes rocks and it has a lot of old rocks close by. I hope they both make me offers but I still don't know what the right choice is. There are so many factors to weigh.

Smile
Ryrra
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update on Jobs. I took the Job at Palo Verde. I will be moving to Sunny AZ in a few weeks. Yobun and family to follow when they are done with school.

Smile
TeflonJon
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay for everyone migrating to AZ!
Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just left AZ Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Exzavier
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a new position with Bentley Systems in Lisle, IL. (Not the car company). Their main product is Microstation for CAD Design Work. I will work on this:

http://www.bentley.com/en-US/Products/SUPERLOAD/
Madhatte
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My ex does something very similar. It has to do with dispatching ambulances, though, rather than permitting loads. Similar approach.

We are going to have to stick a pin in a map, set fire to something and carry on until the earth looks flat! -- RandyMac

I could teach you to how file a washer to make it worth a nickel but if you really want to make big bucks just take a penny and drill a hole in it and it becomes a washer and is worth a dime. -- Art Martin, Old-Time Logger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35
Page 35 of 35

Jump to: