The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What concerts do you want to/have gone to this year
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Movies/TV/Music/Books
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Splinte
Brigadier Recruit
Brigadier Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonight was the night for In Flames, and they delivered. All expectations were met and then some.

Opening bands were 3 Inches of Blood, Between the Buried and Me, and The Faceless. Very good show.

Next on the list is Silversun Pickups on the 21st.
CrushFearSynth
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, the first opener was High on Fire, and they sucked. Then it was a completely terrible vegan hipster growl...uh..."metal" band called Converge. They sucked even worse. But then Mastodon melted our faces. And then Dethklok ripped our guts out and replaced them with awesome. My only complaint was that other than the new songs and videos, it was largely the same set from last tour. They should have made a new plotline and footage. But that's really nitpicking in the face of the musical and performance quality.
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FAWBOTS and I are going to see Mc Chris next weekend.
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. - Albert Einstein
"Raccoons oscillate at 50Hz in Europe." - FAWBOTS
"I'm not sure I'm up for orgy scrabble parties" - Female Friend
CrushFearSynth
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now I hate you both. Green with jealous rage.
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FAWBOTS, me, and two other friends of ours, post MC Chris concert. The night was a great time despite MC Chris being pretty disappointing (his show consisted of nothing more than him rapping to his own pre-mixed tracks).
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. - Albert Einstein
Splinte
Brigadier Recruit
Brigadier Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Epic shirt man. Bummer that the show wasn't what you expected, that is a huge downer.

Really want to go see Slayer/Megadeth/Testament in CT with some buddies in february, but its a tuesday so it may not happen. Michale Graves is playing at Foxwoods in CT in Feb/March too I believe and we all might trek down to see that. Good stuff.
chowda
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Splinte wrote:

Really want to go see Slayer/Megadeth/Testament in CT with some buddies in february, but its a tuesday so it may not happen. Michale Graves is playing at Foxwoods in CT in Feb/March too I believe and we all might trek down to see that. Good stuff.

Did you manage to catch Loggins and Messina at Foxwoods by any chance?

"Don't like the anime so much....but this just looks....well....."holy shit awesome." Crush exhibiting his superb observational skills referring to this movie
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to the Next Big Thing here in Tampa last weekend. A day long show with a bunch of good bands. Among the better performances were Chevelle, The Used, and Rise Against.
Exzavier
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got Kristin tickets to Michael Buble for xmas.
Concert is in March.
Splinte
Brigadier Recruit
Brigadier Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Chow, didn't realize you asked a question. I actually don't live near Foxwoods, but my buddy lives about a half an hour away. I still don't know about any of the details of the Graves show though.
CrushFearSynth
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got back in from a Danzig show in NJ. Doyle, ex-Misfits bandmate, had his band Gorgeous Frankenstein up there. After GF's set, Michael Graves got up and sang with them(another ex-Misfits member that sang for them after Glen left). After GF and Danzig were done, Doyle hopped back on stage and they played some good old Misfits originals. It was a good night.
marionette
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This December has been about the greatest month of live music I have ever seen. First a show with Sux Inferior (a spot-on Cramps tribute band) and the amazing Dex Romweber Duo. The next week brought a show with the Vapor Rhinos, the incredibly-intense Joe Buck Yourself (a one-man act that rivals complete bands any day), and the Antiseen. Following that I saw the Misfits in their acceptable current incarnation with Jerry Only and Robo (original Misfits members) and Dez Cadena (ex-Black Flag) on guitar. This brings me to the day ofter Xmas where several friends rode up with me to north Jersey to see Doyle's (original Misfits member) band Gorgeous Frankenstein open for Danzig. Hell, even Michael Graves (sung for the Misfits in the 90's) showed up sang alongside Doyle's band) for a few songs. Danzig was awesome as always and for the encore (you guessed it) Doyle came out and rocked some old Misfits tunes! Awesome cannot properly describe the experience.

Anyways, here is some video shot as steady as I could considering the circumstances... Enjoy.

Danzig & Doyle 12.26.09
Resheph
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck YEAH! Skulls is one of my favorite Misfits songs of all time. That must have been a hell of a show. I dunno if anything will top the one I saw (other then a true Misfits show), but we'll see. I love the 'new' single, still the same sound we all love, thankfully.

midget wrote:
vagina = chaos
CrushFearSynth wrote:
She thinks I'm weird compared to you? Dude, I thought you should audition for American Serial Killer when I met you.
CrushFearSynth
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They played Skull and Die, My Darling. I wish they had done some more, but it was still very satisfying.

Speaking of redundancy....

Anyway, which show did you see, Resh?
Resheph
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Resheph wrote:
Fuck yeah! Dude I would love to see him live. Misfits is still one of my favorite bands, I like them both pre/aft.
I've mentioned it before, but I have to again, just because it was so badass. When I was 16 or so (01? 02?) I got a chance to see the "Misfits" in NYC, it was Jerry, Dez (blackflag) and Marky (Ramone)....man that is still one of the most bad ass shows I've ever been to. So fucking insanely awesome, I don't think anything will ever compare. When we left, we were actually behind Marky for a few blocks on our way to Grand Central. Of course all three of us (including a very cute female friend of ours whos one of the biggest Misfits fans ever) all had our faces painted like dorks. God I miss those days, and that night.

copypasta

midget wrote:
vagina = chaos
CrushFearSynth wrote:
She thinks I'm weird compared to you? Dude, I thought you should audition for American Serial Killer when I met you.
CrushFearSynth
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, yes. But I will have to say that Glen and Doyle MORE than compare to that lineup. Hell, even just Glen and some random musicians playing original Misfits stuff would be the pinnacle of awesome for me. Fortunately, it was a bit beyond that. It was like seeing a Misfits timeline play out before my eyes. I was satisfied with the entire show, and that's something I've very rarely experienced. Although I do believe we missed the very first band. But fuck them.
Splinte
Brigadier Recruit
Brigadier Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soulfly with Prong and a couple other bands on the 15th.
Splinte
Brigadier Recruit
Brigadier Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soulfly and Prong were amazing as I expected. Was a great surprise to see that Tony Campos was playing with Prong since i'm a huge fan and he's a big badass.

Incite and Rotting Corpse also played and while I missed Rotting Corpse, Incite was truly phenomenal. I was blown away by their sound and I really think they're gonna have a place in the metal scene. Check 'em out.
SPyder
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:46 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

I have went to see Brand New, twice. The second time was at a small club in Providence, called Lupos. It was awesome. Manchestor Orchestra also played. After that night, I went out and bought their CD. Great show.
Next week I am going to see Dashboard Confessional at Lupos.
Hoping to see Ben Folds this year.
CrushFearSynth
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to see Iron Maiden in July.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Movies/TV/Music/Books All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: