The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

August Version Update
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> FFXI - Final Fantasy Online
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Diasuke
Settler
Settler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: August Version Update Reply with quote

The next FINAL FANTASY XI version update is scheduled to take place near the end of August.
We are currently planning to introduce the Pit, the Chocobo Circuit, new quests and Assault missions, not to mention the final chapters of the Aht Urhgan storyline!

Details on these features, as well as a host of other changes and additions, will be released in the near future.
Glistam
I plead the Third
I plead the Third

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like I'll need to catch up on the Aht Urgan storyline.

What I've been doing.
What I'm also doing.
What I wish I did more of.
What I've done.
Izane Bricks
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To rejoin or not to rejoin...that is the question.
Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The following is a sample of what awaits adventurers in the next version update:

Treasures of Aht Urghan Missions
The final battle is about to begin, and the fate of the Empire is in your hands! Join forces with companions new and old to unlock the mysteries hidden in this final chapter of the epic Aht Urhgan missions!

For a recap of previous missions, click here.
It is recommended that players who have not yet completed "Playing the Part" avoid viewing the aforementioned link.

Besieged
To oppose the overwhelming power of the level 8 beastmen forces, Al Zahbi's five Serpent Generals have spent the previous months honing their skills. In addition, the Empire will be putting into effect a decree which allows additional distribution of temporary items after a certain number of invaders have been defeated. Finally, if the beastmen forces are not defeated by the Empire, or capture the Astral Candesence, they will automatically retreat one Earth hour after their arrival in Al Zahbi.

Einherjar
In an effort to lower the difficulty level of Einherjar, the HP of all monsters in the Hazhalm Testing Grounds will be reduced in the upcoming version update.
We will make further adjustments should this challenging area continue to prove excessively difficult.

Assault Mission "Nyzul Isle Investigation"
Currently, the data for the highest floor you have investigated in Nyzul Isle will be deleted after defeating the monsters on Floor 100. Unlike with other floors, this removes the possibility of retrying the floor in an attempt to obtain the treasure you seek.
As of the next version update, the data will still be deleted after clearing Floor 100, but in exchange for the loss of data, the chance for obtaining the armor pieces will be increased to 100%.
While clearing to Floor 100 is no easy task, we are sure there are heroes out there that are up to the challenge!

The Chocobo Hot and Cold Game
Chocobo Abilities
Resting your chocobo for thirty six hours (Earth time) after playing the Chocobo Hot and Cold game will allow you to dig twice more, as well as increase your chances to "hit the jackpot" the next time you play the game.
Furthermore, chocobos of players who succeed at finding treasure in any area three times in a row will temporarily gain the "Treasure Finder" ability. Chocobos that already have "Treasure Finder" will have the effect of the ability temporarily doubled.

Chocobucks
A new reward will soon be available in the form of vouchers that can be exchanged for chocobucks, with the chocobuck reward varying with the difficulty of the area.
The vouchers will always be found inside the treasure chests in addition to the standard rewards.

Limit Break Quests
With the current level of advancement of the majority of the player base, it has become increasingly difficult to find fellow adventurers who have yet to complete the limit break quests. In an effort to alleviate the woes of newer players, the limit break quests from level 50 to level 60 will have their difficulty reduced in the following manner:

Level 50 "In Defiant Challenge"
Drop rates for the quest items will be improved.

Level 55 "Atop the Highest Mountains"
The relative strength of the quest monsters will be reduced so that a party of six level 51 characters will be able to defeat them.

Lotan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Diasuke
Settler
Settler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the upcoming version update, we will be adding a new promotion quest to unlock the next mercenary rank, as well as a series of exciting assault missions.
In the upcoming version update, we will be adding a new promotion quest to unlock the next mercenary rank, as well as a series of exciting assault missions.

New Mercenary Rank

The mercenary rank of "First Lieutenant" will be awarded to players who survive the grueling trials put forth by the hard-nosed drill sergeant, Rongelouts. Do you have what it takes, maggot?

New Assault Missions

Five new missions await players who have achieved the rank of First Lieutenant.
Here's a sneak preview of what lies in store:

Bloody Rondo

Mission Orders: After years of quietly defying Imperial rule, the recluse Count Dracula has recently begun preparations for an assault on Al Zahbi. Infiltrate the Leujoam Sanctum, locate the count, and slay him before he can execute his plans.

The Susanoo Shuffle

Mission Orders: In an attempt to strengthen their bonds with the Mamool Ja, an eastern nation has provided the beastmen with a new biologically engineered hydra hybrid known as Orochi. You are to infiltrate the training grounds and eliminate the new threat.
Demin
Freeman
Freeman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Battle System Adjustments (08/14/2007)The August version update will bring revisions to the use of two-handed weapons, as well as a number of modifications to several jobs.
In this edition of Topics, we would like to elaborate on the changes that will be made to the two-handed weapon system. Job changes will be described in length in a future Topics article.

Two-handed weapons
Up until now, there have been instances in which the attack frequency and speed generated by dual wielding would greatly surpass those of two-handed weapons. We have since examined this issue from every conceivable angle, and as a result have decided to reconsider the frequency and delay calculation methods for two-handed weapons.

This month's version update will see the introduction of a new type of gear called "grips," which players can equip in their offhand weapon slot when using a two-handed weapon. We are also planning to apply changes to associated weapon skills as well.

Attacking with two-handed weapons
The new modifications will be set up so that a character's attribute scores will enhance attack benefits to a greater extent when wielding a two-handed weapon than when using a single-handed weapon. Further, when attacking high-level opponents or enemies with high defense, two-handed weapons will deal more damage than they have in the past.

A word on grips
While not designed to bring about radical improvements, grips are a new lineup of items which can be used in tandem with two-handed weapons as a means of wielding them more effectively. They accomplish this by enhancing a weapon's benefits while compensating for shortcomings. Grips will not be limited to offensive weapons, as some will be tailored to mages and their indispensable staves.
Different grips will allow players to adapt to specific situations depending on the type of two-handed weapon they are using, as well as the type of enemy they are fighting. Players should be advised, however, that changing grips mid-combat will result in a loss of TP. Therefore, no grip's benefits will be restricted to the execution of weapon skills.

Rethinking weapon skills
The majority of two-handed weapon skills already stand to see a vast improvement based on the changes described above. However, we will also be retooling the characteristics of several particular weapon skills in order to enhance their usability.

Yobun
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm excited about that
Splinte
Brigadier Recruit
Brigadier Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SAMs will be even more broken... yay for that?
Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll shed a tear for the poor WAR's.

Lotan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Splinte
Brigadier Recruit
Brigadier Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, WAR definitly needs more boosting, especially with the update for more merit points.....>.>
E-RoCk
Freeman
Freeman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of you talk like that update doesn't help wars either. Razz

http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/20060211/sc_space/mindcontrolbyparasites
Glistam
I plead the Third
I plead the Third

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

E-RoCk wrote:
All of you talk like that update doesn't help wars either. Razz

What? Of course it isn't helping Warriors. Everyone knows that Warriors are only useful if they are subbing Ninja and are dual weilding Axes. Duh. Durr...

What I've been doing.
What I'm also doing.
What I've done.
Splinte
Brigadier Recruit
Brigadier Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite thing was going WAR/SAM, it's when people make you go /NIN is where it sucks.
Onima
Settler
Settler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really, really tempting....
I plead the Third
I plead the Third

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did this update do anything for White Mages?

What I've been doing.
What I'm also doing.
What I've done.
Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing yet. Update won't be until probably a week from Mon/Tue I'm guessing.

They said there would be some job adjustments. The coming week should be more revealing.

Lotan
Eisen
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... the grips are for staves too. I suppose that could be a mage update >.>.
Diasuke
Settler
Settler

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This month's version update will usher in alterations to the two-handed weapon system, as well as a score of power-ups to several jobs.

As details concerning two-handed weapons were already outlined in a previous Topics session, this update will elaborate on upcoming job changes.
August will see adjustments to two-handed weapon wielding and several jobs.

If you missed our description of grips and two-handed weapons, be sure to check it out in the August 14th edition of Topics. In this edition, we will be covering job enhancements.

Beastmaster

The duration for which a beastmaster can maintain a pet invoked with the "Call Beast" ability will be extended. The new length of time, though varying depending on the type of pet brought forth, may be up to 90 minutes.
Additionally, when not engaged in combat, pet healing will be possible through use of the "Stay" ability. Finally, the experience penalty previously incurred by a beastmaster while using a charmed monster will be done away with.

Corsair

After the version update, corsairs across Vana'diel will be the happy recipients of several job enhancements.
For starters, the effect of Phantom Roll will be augmented so that the effects can be felt even when neither a large nor Lucky Roll is made. To make a comparison, the efficacy of a corsair's roll will generally exceed that of a bard's song. Should a corsair roll an 11, the efficacy will, for the most part, exceed that of two bard's songs.

The length of immobility a corsair suffers during their rolls has also been shortened. In addition, the merit point-accessible ability "Fold" will function to reduce the likelihood of busting, as well as modifying the effect of rolls.

We will also be adding new gear that will further increase the range of Phantom Roll. When using the roll and this gear in tandem, even players engaged in combat at some distance from the corsair will fall within the area of effect. And as if that weren't enough, players can even expect new ammunition with rather enticing damage ratings.

Puppetmaster

The update also brings with it two all-new heads to supplement the puppetmaster's arsenal of automaton accoutrements.

The primary purpose of both heads is to grant magic bonuses: one for healing, and the other, elemental. For example, equipping the "healing" head will cause an automaton to undergo a healing magic power enhancement. As a result, subsequent cure spells will encompass all party members, rather than the puppetmaster alone.

Careful reconsideration has led us to raise the current skill limits for automatons as well. With these increases, puppetmasters can expect to see improved performance from their automata in such areas as attack power and accuracy, magic accuracy, and more!

Look forward to the release of even more details on the day of the update!

Looks like it will be a very nice update, which is on monday if anyone missed it.[/img]
Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy Pupdate Batman.

Lotan
Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/update/ff11us/20070828oz52G1/detail.html

Quote:
The final chapter in the Treasures of Aht Urhgan missions has been added.

The following adjustments have been made to the chocobo raising and chocobo racing systems:

- The Chocobo Circuit has opened!
Related Information>>

- The Chocobo Circuit can be entered from Southern San d’Oria, Bastok Mines, Windurst Woods, Port Jeuno, and Aht Urhgan Whitegate.

- New items are available at the VCS Chocobuck Exchange Depots.

- The maximum number of chocobucks a player can carry has been increased from 100 to 1000.

The following adjustments have been made to the Chocobo Hot and Cold Game:

- New temporary abilities are now gained when fulfilling certain conditions.

"Temporary Treasure Finder"
It is now possible for chocobos to temporarily gain the Treasure Finder ability. Chocobos that already have "Treasure Finder" will have the effect of the ability temporarily doubled.

"Recuperation"
A bonus will be granted to rested chocobos that improves their chances to "hit the jackpot" and also increases the number of times they can dig.

- Treasure chests found during the Chocobo Hot and Cold Game will now also contain “chocobuck slips” that can be exchanged for chocobucks. Trade your chocobuck slips to the VCS Chocobuck Exchange Depot NPC.

- A chocobo’s ability to sense treasure will now also be limited by the relative vertical distance as well as the horizontal distance from a treasure chest, i.e. standing on a hill high above a treasure chest location.

The following adjustments have been made to Besieged:

- If the beastmen forces are not defeated by the Empire or capture the Astral Candesence, they will now automatically retreat one Earth hour after their arrival in Al Zahbi.

- Additional temporary items will now be distributed to players every time a certain number of beastmen and monsters have been defeated.

- The offensive and defensive capabilities of the Serpent Generals have been enhanced.

- The damage caused by monsters using the ninja ability “Mijin Gakure” has been adjusted.

Players now have the opportunity to attain the new mercenary rank of First Lieutenant and gain access to new items purchasable with Imperial Standing credits.

New quests have been introduced in the Treasures of Aht Urhgan areas.

The difficulty of the following limit break quests has been adjusted:

- In Defiant Challenge
Drop rates for the quest items ancient papyrus and exoray mold have been improved.

- Atop the Highest Mountains
The relative strength of the quest monsters (Boreal Hound, Boreal Coeurl, and Boreal Tiger) has been reduced so that a party of six level 51 characters will be able to defeat them.
*The quest monsters mentioned above will use the ability “Doom” if the battle continues for more than thirty minutes.

Players will now be able to access their Mog Lockers at nomad moogles after selecting the option to increase Mog Locker availability.

The fee for creating the item in the following quests has been reduced from 20,000 gil to 10,000 gil. In addition, the fee for re-obtaining the item has been reduced from 300,000 gil to 100,000 gil

- An Understanding Overlord?
- An Affable Adamantking?
- A Moral Manifest?
- A Generous General?

The location of the Imperial Army officer Asrahd in Aht Urhgan Whitegate has been switched with the event replay NPCs Prillaure and Tsih Kolgimih.

The locations of the archaic mirrors on Arrapago Reef have been adjusted.

Players will now receive a title after defeating the following Salvage monsters:
Battleclad Chariot/Armored Chariot/Long-Bowed Chariot/Long-Armed Chariot

[Battle-Related]
The following adjustments have been made to Assault:

- Five new missions are now available for players with the rank of First Lieutenant.

- Players who have completed every Assault mission (i.e. the missions appear on the “Complete” list) will be rewarded with an extra Imperial Army I.D. tag to be held in reserve for them at the Commissions Agency.

The following adjustments have been made to Einherjar:

- The HP of all monsters in the Hazhalm Testing Grounds has been reduced.

- An issue with the monster “Hildesvini” not correctly summoning chigoes has been addressed.

In exchange for the loss of data after clearing Floor 100 during the Assault mission “Nyzul Isle Investigation”, the chance for obtaining the armor pieces has been increased to 100%.

The party that defeats the monster required to cause “Despot” to appear will now automatically claim the NM.

The following adjustments have been made to Goblin Bounty Hunters:

- Goblin Bounty Hunters will now appear in the Sauromogue Champaign and the Korroloka Tunnel in locations where it is possible to fish.

- The patrol route of Goblin Bounty Hunters in the Valkurm Dunes has been altered.

The following adjustments have been made to two-handed weapons:

- Two-handed weapons will now receive larger benefits from a character’s attributes, and will also inflict more damage when facing higher-level opponents or enemies with high defense.

- A new type of equipment known as “grips” can now be equipped in the sub-weapon slot while using a two-handed weapon.
*Grips cannot be used without a two-handed weapon equipped in the main weapon slot.
**TP will be reset when changing or removing grips, in the same manner as for main weapon equipment changes.

The following weapon skills have been adjusted:
Howling Fist/Dragon Kick/Raging Rush/Cross Reaper/Penta Thrust/Skewer/ Yukikaze/Gekko/Kasha/Empyreal Arrow/Detonator

Several weapon skills have had the effects of TP adjusted in the following manner:

- Raging Rush
Damage varies with TP >> Chance of critical hit varies with TP

- Penta Thrust
Damage varies with TP >> Accuracy varies with TP

- Skewer
Accuracy varies with TP >> Chance of critical hit varies with TP

The chance for the additional stun effect of the abilities “Shield Bash” and “Weapon Bash” to occur has been greatly increased.
In addition to this change, the help text for the following pieces of equipment has been changed to “Bash”+(number) to reflect an increase in “Bash“ damage.

Chaos Gauntlets/Knightly Earring/Chaos Gauntlets +1/Valor Gauntlets +1/ Valor Gauntlets/Sigma Earring/Crude Sword

The following adjustments have been made to the beastmaster job:

- Pets summoned with the “Call Beast” ability will now remain for a longer period of time.
*Duration varies for each type of pet.

- Pets not in combat will now gradually regain HP.
It is possible for a beastmaster to increase the rate at which a pet regains HP by using the “Stay” command.

- Beastmasters will no longer be subject to an experience point penalty while using a charmed monster.

The job ability “Convergence” will now only affect “magical” blue magic spells.
The effect of “Convergence” will also no longer lose potency against high-level opponents.

Another level of the dragoon job trait “Accuracy Bonus” has been added.

The following adjustments have been made to the corsair job:

- The effect of “Phantom Roll” has been greatly increased.

- The length of time a character remains immobile while using the “Phantom Roll” ability has been reduced.

- The job ability “Fold” will now always remove the “Bust” penalty first.

The following adjustments have been made to the puppetmaster job:

- Two new varieties of automaton heads have been added.

"Soulsoother C-1000 Head (White Magic)"
The automaton will perform actions such as restoring HP and removing status ailments for its master, as well as other party members, in response to the situation and the maneuvers used.

"Spiritreaver M-400 head (Black Magic)"
The automaton will utilize high-level elemental spells, as well as dark magic spells such as Drain and Aspir.

The maximum limit for the automaton melee skill, ranged skill, and magic skill has been increased. In accordance with this change, the skill limit will now be calculated depending on the combination of an automaton’s frame and head.
*The skill limit will never drop below the current maximum value regardless of the frame and head combination.

[Item-Related]
New equipment has been introduced.

New synthesis recipes have been added.

The following special items can now be stored with the relevant NPC:
Sprig of Red Bamboo Grass/Sprig of Blue Bamboo Grass/Sprig of Green Bamboo Grass

The following items can now be stored with the NPC Ghanraam in Aht Urhgan Whitegate:

Vorpal Sword/Wightslayer/Brave Blade/Double Axe/Swordbreaker/Dancing Dagger/Radiant Lance/Sasuke Katana/Windslicer/Sturdy Axe/Mage's Staff/Scepter Staff/Killer Bow/Quicksilver/Burning Fists/Inferno Claws/Werebuster/Death Sickle

New goods have been added to the shops in Nashmau.

Large quantities of steel bullets can now be bundled into bullet pouches.

The sub-category “Grips” has been added to the Auction House category “Ammo & Misc.”

The attributes for corsair bullets have been changed.

The additional effects granted by attachments will now be displayed within the item help text.

A change has been made to the types of items obtainable after appraising the “??? Box” (found during Assault missions).

The icon for beastmen's seals has been changed.

The drop rate for the following items has been adjusted:

Leech Saliva/Antican Acid/Lizard Blood/Bird Blood/Beast Blood/ Loam

The following item name has changed:

Mercenary's Mantle >> Mercenary Mantle

[System-Related]
The following changes have been made to the FINAL FANTASY XI title screen:

- The FINAL FANTASY 20th Anniversary and FINAL FANTASY XI 5th Anniversary logos have been added.

- Logos will appear translucent if the respective expansion pack has not been installed.

- Extra scenes have been added to the title screen:

"FINAL FANTASY XI"
Fort Ghelsba

"Chains of Promathia"
Al'Taieu

"Treasures of Aht Urhgan"
Mount Zhayolm

A new text command “/translate” has been introduced.
Using this text command, players will be able to see the translations for item names in Japanese, English, French, and German. Translated terms will be automatically added to the auto-translate dictionary under the category “Items”.
The “/translate” command is used in the following manner:

Example: Fire Crystal
English to Japanese: /translate “Fire Crystal” ej
English to French: /translate “Fire Crystal” ef
English to German: /translate “Fire Crystal” eg

*This text command currently functions for item names only.
**It is also possible to translate from another language into English, provided the term is spelled correctly.
Example: French to English: /translate “cristal de feu” fe
***The term to be translated can be marked with either single or double quotation marks.

Mithra and Galka will now close their eyes while in the healing position.

An issue wherein the screen would turn black and prevent the player from taking actions during event scenes in Aht Urhgan Whitegate has been addressed.

An issue concerning an incorrect number of victories in the defense of the capital being displayed on the Caitsith World has been corrected.

New terms have been added to the auto-translate dictionary.

Lotan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> FFXI - Final Fantasy Online All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: