The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Team Fortress 2!!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Online Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Resheph
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Team Fortress 2!!! Reply with quote

I know at least a couple of you are fans of Half-Life and the like. Playing Team Fortress Classic when I was 13 or so is what got me into online gaming, I logged way more playtime playing TFC then I have on all my WoW characters combined. It's been 10 long years......but TF2 has come to us! If you pre-ordered the Half-Life Orange box through Steam, you get to play in the TF2 beta, which is what I've been doing all day. The graphics are awesome, the voice actors are perfect, the game play is the same fast paced action packed style, but with with the added bonus of comedy.

midget wrote:
vagina = chaos
CrushFearSynth wrote:
She thinks I'm weird compared to you? Dude, I thought you should audition for American Serial Killer when I met you.
Buddy Lee
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this game is guaranteed to waste hours of my life.
"What cheers me up? Um... I suppose mainly gloating over the misfortunes of other people. I guess that has to be it. Yeah, mainly crowing over the miseries of others. It doesn't always work, but it never completely fails. And then there's irony. There's irony, which is the gin in the campari, the cream in the coffee. Um... Sex can have diminishing returns, but it's amazing. Uh, no that's pretty much it, then it's a clear run to the grave." -Christopher Hitchens

Course title every university should offer: "How to tell when someone else is full of shit" -Neil deGrasse Tyson in a Q&A session on reddit
Resheph
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I've logged around 6 hours or so of playtime. Good god it was worth the wait. The client has a Statistics chart that tells you how long you've spent playing as each class, and stats like the most kills/caps/defends/assists/etc you've gotten in a life and as what class.

Some changes that absolutely rock in my opinion:

-Medics no longer use the Medi-packs. They now have a gun that 'Channels' the heal, like an HoT from WoW or other game. As they heal, they fill up an "Uber" bar ( Laughing ) that, when full, can be used to make both yourself and whoever you're healing invulnerable for a period of time (HW Guy + Medic = owned). Medics pretty much just run around with the healing gun and keep it going at all times, because even if the target has full health, it still fills the Uber gauge.

-Instead of the point/click menu for Engies to build guns/dispensers and Spy's to disguise themselves, you just use the number buttons like you do to select weapons. As an Engie, you press '4' and it opens a menu of things you can build. You hit '1' to build a sentry, '2' to build an ammo dispenser, etc. Press '5' and it will open the 'Destroy' menu to blow up whatever you have built.

-As a spy, you can now stealth. Theres a small gauge that ticks down until it's empty, only lasts about 30 seconds I believe, but very cool. The gauge does fill back up after you unstealth, but rather slowly.

-No more charging up your sniper rifle, just press your 'secondary fire' button to zoom in, and shoot. The guns do still project the dot on whatever you're aiming at, which is a nice tool for communication especially when using voice chat.

-Scouts aren't just really fast now, they're also very deadly. They now have a double barrel shotgun that will kill an HW Guy with one shot if you're really close to him.

midget wrote:
vagina = chaos
CrushFearSynth wrote:
She thinks I'm weird compared to you? Dude, I thought you should audition for American Serial Killer when I met you.
Resheph
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two things I forgot to mention:

Each class now has it's own taunt, and they're pretty cool.

And something that I thought was absolutely hysterical, is when a spy disguises himself. If you are looking at him, a small cloud of smoke surounds him (kinda like when a ninja uses a smoke bomb to escape...just not as much smoke) and you can actually watch him pull out a paper mask and put it on, complete with string to go around the back of his head. If you see a spy from your team, and he's wearing a paper mask, the enemy mistakes him for one of their own. Laughing

midget wrote:
vagina = chaos
CrushFearSynth wrote:
Mishlai
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you haven't already watched the trailers and character introductions for this, they're pure awesome.

http://orange.half-life2.com/tf2.html

Fucking act like it.

"The stars died so that you could be here today" - Lawrence Krauss

"The universe is huge and old, and rare things happen all the time." - Lawrence Krauss
Buddy Lee
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone else playing this? i have pretty much stopped playing all other games and am focused entirely on TF2 now. Its just too much fun.
"What cheers me up? Um... I suppose mainly gloating over the misfortunes of other people. I guess that has to be it. Yeah, mainly crowing over the miseries of others. It doesn't always work, but it never completely fails. And then there's irony. There's irony, which is the gin in the campari, the cream in the coffee. Um... Sex can have diminishing returns, but it's amazing. Uh, no that's pretty much it, then it's a clear run to the grave." -Christopher Hitchens

Course title every university should offer: "How to tell when someone else is full of shit" -Neil deGrasse Tyson in a Q&A session on reddit
Yobun
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i have played a few games.
Haven
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steam IDs?
Resheph
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES! You play!

Grim_Smoker would be mine. You bastard, you better make Fyre and Kell play as well. Very Happy

midget wrote:
vagina = chaos
CrushFearSynth wrote:
Haven
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh, fat chance. Fyre only plays FPSs if they involve Aliens. Kell... We'll you'll have to take that up with him.
Yobun
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ID: Yobun
Buddy Lee
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

id:Buddy Lee

Kellion
Brigadier Recruit
Brigadier Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stole Havens account for now. BEBHaven
Kellion
Brigadier Recruit
Brigadier Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been playing a lot of this lately. I'm pretty amazed how simple they made the game. You pick a class, you get the standard weapons. Then you go blow people up.

I'm having a blast with it right now, would love to see some more people play. If we get enough people, we can wtfpwn some n00bs.
Mishlai
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to get in on that at some point, but I think we're talking 3 weeks from now.

Fucking act like it.

"The stars died so that you could be here today" - Lawrence Krauss

"The universe is huge and old, and rare things happen all the time." - Lawrence Krauss
Resheph
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the game isn't going anywhere, and neither are we. Kell and I played for about 4 hours yesterday, had a blast. Would definitely be nice to get a bunch of you guys on with us.

midget wrote:
vagina = chaos
CrushFearSynth wrote:
Buddy Lee
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i play all the damn time. if i'm on my pc, and i'm not reading this forum, chances are i'm playing tf2

Buddy Lee
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone else start giggling like a little school girl when they torch people with the pyro? i hope i'm not the only one.

Kellion
Brigadier Recruit
Brigadier Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See, I play the Soldier. Nothing feels better than to jump over a Heavy/Medic combo and make the Medic turn to mush.
Buddy Lee
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm a big fan of torching the medic then axing the heavy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Online Games All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: