The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ding!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> WoW - World of Warcraft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I guess I would be willing to go to a server where we have people playing, but I would have to know for sure that it's a dedicated crew since I have 4-5 characters to pay transfer fees on.
"People really donít like to hear success explained away as luck ó especially successful people. As they age, and succeed, people feel their success was somehow inevitable. They donít want to acknowledge the role played by accident in their lives. There is a reason for this: the world does not want to acknowledge it either." -- Michael Lewis
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this group has been together for well over a year now, we've levelled several toons together, and xferred servers together, raided through BT, some of us in Sunwell. We really want to do wotlk 25-man raids and still need some more people, so I'd love to have more.

And yeah Mongo, doesn't surprise me much, from what I hear the RP servers have the lowest pops, so that's likely why. Free xfers off Doomhammer are open atm so are numbers are thinning. Only problem is I'm not sure if you are able to xfer onto DH atm due to the high numbers.
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ding! lv80 Death Knight!
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKs are ABSURDLY easy to quest!

I'm at 63 right now having done most of the Hellfire quests, about half of the Zangarmarsh quests, I'm going to skip Terrokar Forrest entirely, jumping to Nagrand. At about 65 or 66, I'm going to hit SMV. At 68, off to Northrend. At 80, I'll go back and do all the quests along with dailies. I don't imagine money will be that tough at that point...

No flyer at all at 70, but who gives a rip??? Can't fly in Northrend until, what, 77?
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
TeflonJon
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a DK specific flyer in Ebon Hold at 70. I think it's actually cheaper then the normal ones and no faction grinding. Was priced at 950 for me (at friendly), one of my friends said his cost 900. I'm guessing rep with Ebon Hold affected the price, but I'm not sure. The guy that sells it is just to the left as you are looking at the ghoul who has the flightpaths.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll look into it when I'm there next. I won't be able to game until Thursday evening at the latest... <sigh> Driving to Eustace TX for Turkey-day...
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TeflonJon wrote:
There's a DK specific flyer in Ebon Hold at 70. I think it's actually cheaper then the normal ones and no faction grinding. Was priced at 950 for me (at friendly), one of my friends said his cost 900. I'm guessing rep with Ebon Hold affected the price, but I'm not sure. The guy that sells it is just to the left as you are looking at the ghoul who has the flightpaths.

It's an aesthetics mount, you sink way more buying it than normal flyers. Regular flying mount = 100g, epic flying mount = 200g for a total of 300g VS the Winged Steed of the Ebon Blade for 950g.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it fast or slow?
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
TeflonJon
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's speed is based off your riding skill. I'll look at the exact text in the description when I get a chance, but the impression I got was that it could function as fast or slow either depending on how far you had trained your riding skill.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Teflon's right, it scales depending on your riding skill.
midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Regular flying mount = 100g, epic flying mount = 200g for a total of 300g

Really? That's all they cost now? That's craziness. How much is Cold Weather Flying? It was 500g in the Beta, but then again you could buy the Mechanohog for 5g in the Beta too.
"People really donít like to hear success explained away as luck ó especially successful people. As they age, and succeed, people feel their success was somehow inevitable. They donít want to acknowledge the role played by accident in their lives. There is a reason for this: the world does not want to acknowledge it either." -- Michael Lewis
Kellion
Brigadier Recruit
Brigadier Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats just for the mounts...the regular flying skill is still 800g and the epic is 5000g. And Cold weather flying is another 1000g.
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

midget wrote:
Quote:
Regular flying mount = 100g, epic flying mount = 200g for a total of 300g

Really? That's all they cost now? That's craziness. How much is Cold Weather Flying? It was 500g in the Beta, but then again you could buy the Mechanohog for 5g in the Beta too.

Talking about the mounts, not the skill, skills still cost the same. Also CWF is 1k.
TeflonJon
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just picked up my Winged Steed of the Ebon Blade. This is actually my first flying mount. Now I just need to save up another 6k for the higher level training and for CW flying, but I really like this mount. I hate grinding rep and there was none of that for this.

Oh and I dinged 71 on my DK so now my DK and my rogue are both 71, just because I love you guys that much...
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just made 72 on my DK. I might go head and go pick up my flyer and training. What's the cost on the flyer iteself?
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The DK flyer is 950 if I remember right... but you can't fly in Northrend until 77 I thought.

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
TeflonJon
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a trainer in Dalaran right next to the flightmaster that teaches cold weather flying at level 77, costs 1k.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know about the Cold Weather Flying (CWF), but I just didn't know the cost of the Ebon Hold mount. I'm about 200GP from that right now, I think (1k for training and 950 for the mount), that is. Then I just need 6k for fast training and CWF.
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ding 80 fury warrior. 69-80 in a week =D
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> WoW - World of Warcraft All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: