The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

City of Heroes/Villains (not DAoC as originally intended)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Online Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: City of Heroes/Villains (not DAoC as originally intended) Reply with quote

So, after quitting WoW, I have been trying something to occupy my free-time. Books go too fast and I don't wanna buy a single player game for now, so I started working on some trials.

One of these is Dark Age of Camelot. I played for a while back (my first MMOG) and I enjoyed the hell out of it at the time. Now... now I wish there were more people who play it. With the exception of server populations ranging into the high 200's during prime time (it IS an old game), the game has undergone some massive improvements. It's still DAoC but with improved graphics, quests, instanced dungeons, free expansions... it's a nice game.

The population issue is kind of mitigated with multiple servers being merged, though the characters are named "Name - Server" if they aren't native to the server you choose.

All in all, it's something to pass the time with. Just wish CoH/CoV had a trial version. May have to pay for a month and try to hide that fact from my boys (they are dying to play CoH).

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.

Last edited by Mojobacca on Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Leedon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know... there's myself and a few friends playing CoH/CoV. We even have Glistam AFK for five minutes every few days. It's so much fun.

-CP
It makes no sense to me.

-Flirtin' with Disaster, Molly Hatchet
Glistam
I plead the Third
I plead the Third

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could also pick up PSU and then I would actually log back in and finally justify the fact that I pay keep my characters there active.

As far as CoH, I'm even afk sometimes for a full 15 minutes a day.

What I've been doing.
What I'm also doing.
What I wish I did more of.
What I've done.
Haven
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got three games running that I don't have time to play, thanks to ubiquitous sea time: CoH, Planetside, and EQ2.
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTF!?! CoH/CoV have no downloadable updates outside of the standard updater?!

That blows ass.

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIRC, you can just download the patcher and it will pull the entire game down...
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have CoH/CoV, but it's an old build. I'm running the patcher now and getting a phenomenal 20kb/sec... we're talking nearly 12 hours of downloading. That's total BS.

Also, I would post on the CoH forums for any help, but I need to reactivate my account in order to find the answer I'm sure I already have. I've tried Googling, FilePlant, FileFront, COH/COV website and NOTHING.

Why on earth would you want to keep your patchs soley to yourself and tie up any bandwidth that could be put towards the game?!

Quote:

Leedon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record, we're on Victory server. I don't have my old account any more, so I made a new one and then got my brother in law and our friend hooked.

When you get to level 5, that's when the first of some of the fun new content shows up. Radio/Newspaper missions and Safeguards rock. We have a tiny base that's in disarray because we're in the process of remodelling it. It's the small lot, so we don't have to pay rent.

We have a villain-side group going, too, but they're a little neglected.

We have two "themed" groups going. On the hero side we have Natural Katana/Regen ninja scrappers with a color and flower, and on the villain side, we have a rap posse made of thug masterminds and they're thug friends.

If you want to look me up, I'm on some days during the week and certainly on, for at least a little, on weekends :

Croatian Thunder
Fire-Kat
Zoe Grey
Seurge
Fire-Saint
Yellow-Rose
Kawaiiko
Power-Burst
It makes no sense to me.

-Flirtin' with Disaster, Molly Hatchet
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So anyway, I put out $15 for a month... see how it is. I'm just upset I can't make a winged character 8(

Heroes:
The Conversion Factor (Kinetics/Electric Defender)
Ludivine (Martial Arts/Regen Scrapper)

Villains:
Vilentia (Claw/Dark Armor Stalker)

Quote:

Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the by... how do I get a message to you, Leedon? I'm not sure if you can make friends with characters when they aren't logged in, and I have e-mailed you a couple of times (Recipient = CT) and I have no idea if you got it or if I've done it right.

Quote:

Glistam
I plead the Third
I plead the Third

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look for Arctic Hellfire or Arctic Hellfire1

I'ma bout to log in now.

What I've been doing.
What I'm also doing.
What I've done.
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, well I'm at work now (working nights this weekend), so I'll have to check it another time. Sorry yo.

Quote:

Glistam
I plead the Third
I plead the Third

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was on and off durinbg the day this weekend. I kept an eye out for your two characters but didn't see you.

Did you or Mongo still have links to character planners for CoH? I used to have one, but I can't find it.

What I've been doing.
What I'm also doing.
What I've done.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have to look around for it. I will update this reply if I find one.

Edit:

http://sherksilver.coldfront.net/index.php has a downloadable planner.

http://www.cohplanner.com/ has an online version.
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was working nights this weekend, so I didn't play.

I've been considering going the Villain route for a bit because... well, because I play odd times with rotating shift-work and it's hard enough to find people on as is. Time to make some friends I guess.

Quote:

Glistam
I plead the Third
I plead the Third

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still, if you can say when you'll be on, we can at least get you into the BEB chat channel so we could communicate while I'm pounding villians into the dirt. There are also some PvP zones I'm sure we can meetup in.

What I've been doing.
What I'm also doing.
What I've done.
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funky! You can do chat across party lines?! I need to get on my Hero anyway and start farming for some costume items to sell (and get my extra slot). I put up my extra pieces I had from all the Trick or Treating I did and ended up with around 200K inf.

Quote:

Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was browsing around the internet and found this nifty CoV fan-site. Very well done and an entertaining read:

Arachnos Mutagenics

Quote:

Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, funny. Almost makes me want to play again... almost.
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. - Albert Einstein
"Raccoons oscillate at 50Hz in Europe." - FAWBOTS
"I'm not sure I'm up for orgy scrabble parties" - Female Friend
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Downloading CoH right now... I was bored this morning... damn it.
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. - Albert Einstein
"Raccoons oscillate at 50Hz in Europe." - FAWBOTS
"I'm not sure I'm up for orgy scrabble parties" - Female Friend
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Online Games All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 1 of 14

Jump to: