The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

City of Heroes/Villains (not DAoC as originally intended)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Online Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phoenixhr
Brigadier Aspirant
Brigadier Aspirant

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hope the villans get plants too

Does anyone have a static playtime/group?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Leedon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course not! This is City of Heroes not Final Fantasy! Free your mind, man. Games aren't supposed to be a job you need to show up on time for! We have some heroes in the same level range, but we don't need to stress who can play and when.

We play most nights. Most of us as heroes, usually there's someone on from 9:00 to 12:00. I thought you've been on with us before.
It makes no sense to me.

-Flirtin' with Disaster, Molly Hatchet
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play most nights in the 6 PM Central time to 12 PM Central time timeframe. Not necessarily that whole time, though. And I play villain more than hero, but I still game with the boyz.
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Glistam
I plead the Third
I plead the Third

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A static only really works in this game, at least with our group, if it's for a group of alts that are themed. It's hard to just hold off on main characters and it's easy to just log on for half an hour in this game and be productive with a character.

If you're interested in some kind of static where we meet once a week or so on specific alts, I'm down with that. I have room for another alt or two. But we might want to wait until I12 at least goes live on test so that we can examine if we'll want to make characters for a theme or group that uses some of the new features.

Levelling together is fun, and with everyone's crazy schedules there's nothing wrong with planning times to get together in advance.

What I've been doing.
What I'm also doing.
What I wish I did more of.
What I've done.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, one of the selling points in this game is that you don't have missions that you have to go kill 15 bazillion lions to get 15 lion pelts to turn in to some jacknut that will then send you to kill 15 bazillion more lions for their claws that he could have told you to get the first time around and he KNEW he was going to ask you for the claws before asking for the pelts... I feel better.

One of the things I don't like is the limited number of missions you can have at any given time. Most games limit it to a respectable number over 10. CoX limits you to ... 3.

Oh, and when are we going to get a CoX forum? Are we limited in numbers?
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Phoenixhr
Brigadier Aspirant
Brigadier Aspirant

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah =p I was more looking for an average playtime. I'm shying away from lotro for a while and my only issue with CoH is all the alone time i get.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Glistam
I plead the Third
I plead the Third

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure we really post or coordinate here often enough to justify a CoX forum.

My playtimes have recently been from 10-midnight any night, but not every night. Sometimes earlier. On the weekends I might get some early morning time (from like 8-9:30 am) and some afternoon time (somewhere between 1-4 pm, but not the whole time). My play time is very erotic.

What I've been doing.
What I'm also doing.
What I've done.
Resheph
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
My play time is very erotic.

Oh...really....

midget wrote:
vagina = chaos
CrushFearSynth wrote:
She thinks I'm weird compared to you? Dude, I thought you should audition for American Serial Killer when I met you.
Glistam
I plead the Third
I plead the Third

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's probably the funniest typo I've ever made.

What I've been doing.
What I'm also doing.
What I've done.
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha.

I haven't been on for a few days but might try to log in for a bit this weekend.
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. - Albert Einstein
"Raccoons oscillate at 50Hz in Europe." - FAWBOTS
"I'm not sure I'm up for orgy scrabble parties" - Female Friend
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glistam wrote:
My play time is very erotic.

A little off-topic, but we were doing our shift turnover one morning and one of our operators mentioned a problem with a valve being monitored for "erotic valve movement"... that meeting too a LONG time to finish after that.

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I was up at about 4 AM for about an hour this morning, waiting on something and decided to look at my Pinnacle characters. I just realized I had a level 34 FF/Rad defender there. In an uncharacteristically lucid moment, I moved him over to Victory.

His name was Force Bubble on Pinnacle, but I had to rename. Now it's <drum> Force Bubbler. <cymbal>

Anyways, now I have a very defensive defender if anyone needs him. I know yous guys mains are right around in that range, so if you need a lotta defense, lemme know.

On a side note, I grouped with Domnule Barbat on my healer last night and got nearly half a level from one mission. And I was SK'd at the time. Niftiness.
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Phoenixhr
Brigadier Aspirant
Brigadier Aspirant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoughts?

01 => Twilight Grasp ==> Empty(1),Empty(3),Empty(5),Empty(7),Empty(11),Empty(11)
01 => Call Genin ==> Empty(1),Empty(3),Empty(7),Empty(19),Empty(34),Empty(37)
02 => Aimed Shot ==> Empty(2)
04 => Darkest Night ==> Empty(4),Empty(5),Empty(9),Empty(15),Empty(15),Empty(17)
06 => Train Ninjas ==> Empty(6)
08 => Air Superiority ==> Empty(8),Empty(9)
10 => Tar Patch ==> Empty(10),Empty(13),Empty(17)
12 => Call Jounin ==> Empty(12),Empty(13),Empty(15),Empty(21),Empty(34),Empty(37)
14 => Fly ==> Empty(14),Empty(43)
16 => Assault ==> Empty(16),Empty(33),Empty(33),Empty(39),Empty(43),Empty(46)
18 => Smoke Flash ==> Empty(18),Empty(19),Empty(39),Empty(43)
20 => Fearsome Stare ==> Empty(20),Empty(21),Empty(23),Empty(39)
22 => Tactics ==> Empty(22),Empty(23),Empty(31),Empty(40),Empty(42)
24 => Shadow Fall ==> Empty(24),Empty(25),Empty(25)
26 => Oni ==> Empty(26),Empty(27),Empty(27),Empty(31),Empty(34),Empty(37)
28 => Petrifying Gaze ==> Empty(28),Empty(29),Empty(29),Empty(33),Empty(46)
30 => Vengeance ==> Empty(30),Empty(31),Empty(36),Empty(46)
32 => Kuji In Zen ==> Empty(32),Empty(36),Empty(40)
35 => Swift ==> Empty(35),Empty(36)
38 => Health ==> Empty(38),Empty(40)
41 => Stamina ==> Empty(41),Empty(42),Empty(42),Empty(50)
44 => Dark Servant ==> Empty(44),Empty(45),Empty(45),Empty(45)
47 => Night Fall ==> Empty(47),Empty(48),Empty(48),Empty(48),Empty(50)
49 => Soul Tentacles ==> Empty(49),Empty(50)
Glistam
I plead the Third
I plead the Third

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recommend putting enhancements into your slots. Other than that, I can't give you a good review since I have little familiarity with masterminds.

What I've been doing.
What I'm also doing.
What I've done.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just out of curiosity: Why are you taking attacks from your primary? You have stamina so late that you aren't going to be able to do much without blues...

I'm the type that saves my endurance for resummonings/pet upgrades in the midst of battle. And debuffing and healing, of course.

Edit: Wow. Just noticed that you have assault and tactics in there as well, pre-stamina. Three toggles plus healing is going to suck your endurance pretty well. You'll either have a lot of downtime or you will need to stock up on blues every mission. I don't know that you will even have any endurance for MM Primary attacks...
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a sad story...
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Glistam
I plead the Third
I plead the Third

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made a Ninjas/Dark mastermind the other night, and coming here I just noticed that that was the charcter Phoenixhr asked us to critique. I only got up to level 4 with him - how's yours doing?

I read on the CoH boards that Ninjas aren't all that great since they die real easy compared to the other pets. Has that been your experience too?

What I've been doing.
What I'm also doing.
What I've done.
Phoenixhr
Brigadier Aspirant
Brigadier Aspirant

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took attacks because i wanted to make the fights go faster. They do die easily if too many too high are on them. The fact that the heal can miss the target can sometimes gets you killed. I chose those pool powers because i ran out of regular power to pick honestly. I have no idea how well they work or not. I can solo as well as everyone else can and the combo is fun.
Glistam
I plead the Third
I plead the Third

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hit 38 last night with Arctic and took Hot Feet from her secondary. So far I'm happy with the power.

What I've been doing.
What I'm also doing.
What I've done.
Leedon

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And as your tank, there's been moments that were hairy-scary.
It makes no sense to me.

-Flirtin' with Disaster, Molly Hatchet
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Online Games All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14

Jump to: