The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Insanity?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> FFXI - Final Fantasy Online
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Latch
Squatter
Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:06 am    Post subject: Insanity? Reply with quote

Well I've begun killing Latch off. Sitting at 70, hoping to hit 40 soon. Problem was Cape Terrigan is under beastmen control, and thus cannot set my homepoint there.

I've been trying to determine the next best option. I tried Eastern Altepa Desert, Sanctuary of Zitah and Yhoator Jungle. All sucked. Mobs just cannot hit me and takes forever to die.

So then I moved back to Aht Urghan and had Vawn raise 1 me. Minute timer on raise kinda sucked, so I added in Ijin. This is the best option of those, but I'd really like to set my homepoint somewhere I can get killed easily.

Can you set your homepoint at the guards in outside zones that are not at the outpost? If so, I could try setting my homepoint right out side of Ro'Maeve (sp) and trying that. I just can't remember if you can do this or not.

Any other suggestions?
Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll ask the obvious question, why?

I got no ideas to help you in your crusade though.

Lotan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Latch
Squatter
Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I plan on leveling MNK along with one of Vawn's level 40 jobs - probablly DRK. I've been trying to decide on how I want to do this, and decided on deleveling Latch. From my experiences MNK is the best job for power level soloing. (I should know I've already done it twice).

I thought about starting a new character, but that would require not only going from 1-40 MNK, but also 1-37 WAR. Also, all the little stuff - no teleports, fame, gobbie bag space, etc. And finally, Latch is pretty much fully merited on MNK which makes him a better option than a new character.

We'll see how it goes.
midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can level Midgets mnk if you would prefer, rather than bashing your skull in with wet cardboard. I have all of the other melee's leveled to atleast a decent level, so that wouldn't be an issue at all for you. I have a decent amount of money on him and pretty good gear still as well which I have no problem with you using to that end on him.
"People really donít like to hear success explained away as luck ó especially successful people. As they age, and succeed, people feel their success was somehow inevitable. They donít want to acknowledge the role played by accident in their lives. There is a reason for this: the world does not want to acknowledge it either." -- Michael Lewis
Latch
Squatter
Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember what level his monk is?

Little worried about counterstance tanking high level mobs on a taru, but it might work.
midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's low, but leveling it up would certainly be faster than leveling down Latch. You could always spend a little bit of time and merit anything you mind find useful as well. I love merits for xping. Ask Demin about counterstancing higher mobs, I don't really have that good of an idea how it would work out. I am not sure if it is at all similiar to war or nin or pld tanking, but I had no issues with either of the first two and taru plds are awesome for xp tanking.
"People really donít like to hear success explained away as luck ó especially successful people. As they age, and succeed, people feel their success was somehow inevitable. They donít want to acknowledge the role played by accident in their lives. There is a reason for this: the world does not want to acknowledge it either." -- Michael Lewis
Glistam
I plead the Third
I plead the Third

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taru Paladins are awesome, period.

What I've been doing.
What I'm also doing.
What I wish I did more of.
What I've done.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INSANITY!!!!
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Latch
Squatter
Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it actually hasn't been that bad - at least after I finally found a decent spot to set as my homepoint. Right outside of Ro'Maeve. Went from 70 or 52 last night, should be able to reach 40 this evening after work.
Latch
Squatter
Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hit 40 last night. It really wasn't that bad going from 75 to 40 - at least after I found a decent place to set my homepoint.
Yobun
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and the sting of the deleveling sound wears off
Itera
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your Nuts!!!!! lol
Latch
Squatter
Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itera wrote:
Your Nuts!!!!! lol

What about them??

Oh you mean "you're"? I hope.
Ryken
ludicrous cynic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I'm pretty sure he is referring to how ginormous they have to be to pull a stunt like that. You have more balls than me, sir.
Itera
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did mean you are Nuts. I now see you're 9 levels higher. So you obviously know what you are doing.

Itera "The King of the Noobs" could never pull that off.
Latch
Squatter
Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took DRK from 40 to 50 and THF from 49 to 50, now I am going back down to 40 to pick up my RNG.

I have a question though. I noticed I had moghancement experience before. I went back and took my bed out and I know have moghancement conquest. Yet when I die I am still not taking a 10% hit like I expected. Anyone have any ideas why this is? I have signet active if that has anything to do with it. I'm not in a party.
tsakiki
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's 8%: K.O. details
Latch
Squatter
Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn. I'm gonna write SE and ask if they can raise that to 25%.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> FFXI - Final Fantasy Online All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: