The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hellgate: London

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Online Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haven
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:18 am    Post subject: Hellgate: London Reply with quote

Back from sea, into the fall release season for gaming goodness.

I can safely recommend this. It's made by the team that did Diablo, but not published by Blizzard. The result:

FPS, with Diablo-like gameplay (Item generation, random 'dungeons', no ammo worries, etc)

Backstory feels pretty Shadowrun, minus the elves. Also has a little PSO to the whole thing.

All in all, For an FPS/RPG modern-fantasy game, it has us giggling with glee over here. Also, I found a rocket launcher that fires napalm.
Kellion
Brigadier Recruit
Brigadier Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also enjoying this game. Kind of a new twist on the first person shooter.

I like the Item system, as it's a lot like Diablo 2. Normal, Special, Rare and Legendary items that boost your stats and most of them has "Mod" slots like the socket set up in Diablo 2.

All in all It's Diablo, but you get to shoot daemons in the face. It's fun for now. We'll see how long it lasts though.
CrushFearSynth
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't installed it yet, still playing the Mask of the Betrayer campaign. It brings back strong memories of Planescape: Torment. I won't be playing another game until I beat it.
Trow
Brigadier Aspirant
Brigadier Aspirant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just picked this up, pretty fun, anyone play online at all? I havent tried the multiplayer yet
CrushFearSynth
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't play it multiplayer, download the single player patch, or enjoy any of the features I paid for. Because you have to have an account. And when I try to set up an account, it tells me my registration key is already in use, which is impossible as I have never made one. So it's been cloned or something to that effect. And I can't contact Hellgate London: Support to fix the issue because you have to have an account to get to the Support page. And they don't have a telephone number. I tried emailing Flagship, even asking them to forward my message to the right folks if they can't help, but no response. Flagship, ping0 and EA can suck my balls. I won't be supporting them in the future. I will pirate everything they make.
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which is probably what the person who is using your CD key believed as well. Way to continue the process!

Just kidding... that really sucks though, CFS. That's the downside of having a CD key required for support. If someone actually makes a real key generator that works, they just screwed thousands of people out of $50.

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
CrushFearSynth
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup. Any pirating I will do wont hurt anyone, though, since I wouldn't use it for online play, only to access offline play. But having to enter your purchase key to access website features? Retarded. Flagship and\or affiliates is as much responsible for screwing their customers as the pirates in this case. Plus, piracy protection only ever hurts the paying customers.
CrushFearSynth
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. Today I get an email advertising the new 0.6 patch. I don't have an account, do the only way they could have gotten my email address is from the message I sent to Flagship. The link provided sends me straight to a download page, no account login required. But also no explanation or feedback on my reg key problem. Methinks they try a quick appeasement. We'll see if that satisfies me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Online Games All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: