The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Are you properly paranoid yet? You should be.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryken
ludicrous cynic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is pretty cool. Nuke Map: http://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/
Buddy Lee
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the North Koreans launch their largest at the White House, I'll be safe.
"What cheers me up? Um... I suppose mainly gloating over the misfortunes of other people. I guess that has to be it. Yeah, mainly crowing over the miseries of others. It doesn't always work, but it never completely fails. And then there's irony. There's irony, which is the gin in the campari, the cream in the coffee. Um... Sex can have diminishing returns, but it's amazing. Uh, no that's pretty much it, then it's a clear run to the grave." -Christopher Hitchens

Course title every university should offer: "How to tell when someone else is full of shit" -Neil deGrasse Tyson in a Q&A session on reddit
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

- rant -

Apparently the Tampa police decided that the Monday morning commute is the best time to have 5 cops stop patrolling and instead run a "Seat Belt Check Point" at Nebraska and Fletcher. What, are they not able to meet their end of the month quota by harassing citizens through conventional means? Certainly hope that there wasn't anything actually useful they could have been doing this morning.

- end rant -
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. - Albert Einstein
"Raccoons oscillate at 50Hz in Europe." - FAWBOTS
"I'm not sure I'm up for orgy scrabble parties" - Female Friend
Mishlai
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryken wrote:
This is pretty cool. Nuke Map: http://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/

That is neat. You can really see how much more damage multiple smaller warhead would do compared to a single larger one.

Fucking act like it.

"The stars died so that you could be here today" - Lawrence Krauss

"The universe is huge and old, and rare things happen all the time." - Lawrence Krauss
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trassin wrote:
- rant -

Apparently the Tampa police decided that the Monday morning commute is the best time to have 5 cops stop patrolling and instead run a "Seat Belt Check Point" at Nebraska and Fletcher. What, are they not able to meet their end of the month quota by harassing citizens through conventional means? Certainly hope that there wasn't anything actually useful they could have been doing this morning.

- end rant -

Hey! Click it, or Ticket!

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
CrushFearSynth
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm currently working in a surgery\trauma ward. Nobody comes through that has minor injuries. We see a great number of motor vehicle accidents, and most of these incidents involve unrestrained drivers. A great many people are terrible drivers with absolutely no comprehension that they are operating a deadly weapon. I'm cool with cops providing a check on the dumbassery. On the other hand, it might be better to let them die and keep the rest of us safe. However, anything that keeps the cops busy so they're not out raiding the wrong house on a drug raid and killing an innocent person is worthwhile.
Ryken
ludicrous cynic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't the issue more of WHEN they chose to do it then the fact that they did it at all?
CrushFearSynth
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean?
Ryken
ludicrous cynic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just mean that I interpreted Trassin's rant to be that they set up the checkpoint during rush hour traffic, not that they did it at all.
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bit of both actually.
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. - Albert Einstein
Ryken
ludicrous cynic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trassin wrote:
Bit of both actually.

I stand corrected. Carry on. Laughing
Exzavier
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listening to a story about paternity fraud. Apparently only 12 states have laws about this.
It seems like in most states if your wife has a child you think is your child; you later divorce and find out the child is Not yours you still have to pay child support on the child that is not your kid.
Mishlai
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the book The Female Brain, written by a female neuroscientist, the statistic is put out that "up to 10%" (I don't know what that means exactly) of fathers have a child that they believe is theirs, and isn't.

I'm inclined to just paternity test all of my kids when I have them. I know, trust, blah blah blah, but a woman gets to know beyond a shadow of a doubt that her child is hers, and I want that too.

Fucking act like it.

"The universe is huge and old, and rare things happen all the time." - Lawrence Krauss
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Police Agencies given the right to use aerial drones.
Exzavier
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone should take a look at this article. How reliable the article is; I am not sure.

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2012/03/ff_nsadatacenter/all/1

"Under construction by contractors with top-secret clearances, the blandly named Utah Data Center is being built for the National Security Agency. A project of immense secrecy, it is the final piece in a complex puzzle assembled over the past decade. Its purpose: to intercept, decipher, analyze, and store vast swaths of the world’s communications as they zap down from satellites and zip through the underground and undersea cables of international, foreign, and domestic networks. The heavily fortified $2 billion center should be up and running in September 2013. Flowing through its servers and routers and stored in near-bottomless databases will be all forms of communication, including the complete contents of private emails, cell phone calls, and Google searches, as well as all sorts of personal data trails—parking receipts, travel itineraries, bookstore purchases, and other digital “pocket litter.” It is, in some measure, the realization of the “total information awareness” program created during the first term of the Bush administration—an effort that was killed by Congress in 2003 after it caused an outcry over its potential for invading Americans’ privacy.

But “this is more than just a data center,” says one senior intelligence official who until recently was involved with the program. The mammoth Bluffdale center will have another important and far more secret role that until now has gone unrevealed. It is also critical, he says, for breaking codes. And code-breaking is crucial, because much of the data that the center will handle—financial information, stock transactions, business deals, foreign military and diplomatic secrets, legal documents, confidential personal communications—will be heavily encrypted. According to another top official also involved with the program, the NSA made an enormous breakthrough several years ago in its ability to cryptanalyze, or break, unfathomably complex encryption systems employed by not only governments around the world but also many average computer users in the US. The upshot, according to this official: “Everybody’s a target; everybody with communication is a target.”"
Exzavier
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/upshot/boy-wheelchair-searched-tsa-221100674.html

Boy in wheelchair searched by TSA
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't watch the video at work, so I'm assuming he has some sort of cast or something on his leg.

Know what would have been funny? It would have been hilarious if they'd have amputated his leg, stuffed the cast full of explosives and detonated them at 37,000 feet killing all on board. That would have been awesome!

On a serious note, why the fuck do people get mad when TSA is trying to keep us safe??? Hell, I like when I get randomly selected for additional screening. That means that they are making sure I make it home to my family.
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Mishlai
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It pisses me off because I believe the TSA to be " ineffective, invasive, incompetent, inexcusably costly, or all four."

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/features/2011/12/tsa-insanity-201112

Fucking act like it.

Mishlai
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, unimaginative. We're all tight at airports because the last attack involved an airplane. The thing that defined 911 is not that it was an airplane attack, it's that it was an unexpected attack that was executed in an unexpected way. I'd prefer this money to be dumped into intelligence efforts, and I dislike what I perceive to be our slow drift towards being a police state.

Fucking act like it.

Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mishlai wrote:
It pisses me off because I believe the TSA to be " ineffective, invasive, incompetent, inexcusably costly, or all four."

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/features/2011/12/tsa-insanity-201112

What he said. Also, a monkey fucking a football comes to mind every time I go through one of their security checkpoints.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 16 of 18

Jump to: