The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

For some odd reason....I kind of want to play again.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> WoW - World of Warcraft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mishlai
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I dusted off Doomflinger. He's a total pansy compared to Queen Astazha, even when accounting for the level difference. I'm going to have to fix that. Already redid his talents, will need to build up money to buy decent gear...

Fucking act like it.

"The stars died so that you could be here today" - Lawrence Krauss

"The universe is huge and old, and rare things happen all the time." - Lawrence Krauss
Haven
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh, Torrie's fault. Only been back about a total of... two hours? Been on Volo, mostly, relearning how to be.
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... you guys all blow ass. I'm not going back and there is nothing you can do to make me!

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
Kellion
Brigadier Recruit
Brigadier Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know you want to Mojo. You can't resist. You know that you'll always be part of the collective.

Join us again, and be whole again. =)
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We know not what you speak of. We can think on our own and don't need outsiders telling us what to do... do we Mojo?!

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
Mishlai
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll probably just play Doom enough to keep up with the rest xp. I <3 my hordie!

Fucking act like it.

"The universe is huge and old, and rare things happen all the time." - Lawrence Krauss
Splinte
Brigadier Recruit
Brigadier Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

7 Hour Long kara clears are /death. We had two groups go in, 1 with the "cool kids" of the LS, one with the gimp fuckers. Somehow I ended up with the latter and proceeded to do 40, yes 40 percent of the damage. 5.5hours for cool kids. 7 hours for me. Fuck.
midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could come play on Demon Soul and actually play to have fun...that would be an odd reason to play a game though eh?
"People really donít like to hear success explained away as luck ó especially successful people. As they age, and succeed, people feel their success was somehow inevitable. They donít want to acknowledge the role played by accident in their lives. There is a reason for this: the world does not want to acknowledge it either." -- Michael Lewis
Splinte
Brigadier Recruit
Brigadier Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only reason it wasn't fun was cause I wasn't with any of my friends Razz
Mishlai
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm stalling at 48-49 to play battlegrounds. Will be twinking myself as much as possible and handing out as many alliance funerals as possible. Would love to have a team to do this with, if anyone is interested.

My thoughts are that something like this:

1) PVP gear is teh awesome.
2) To get PVP gear, you need to PVP, preferably well.
3) Number 2 is difficult if you don't yet have PVP gear and your opponents do.

I figure when I hit 70 I'll be way out geared by the other people in bgs/arena, and it will be difficult to get the wins I need to fix that. So I'm going to save up honor and bgs medals now to buy gear when I ding 70. I'll buy lvl 70 battleground pvp gear, and then start doing arena to get that stuff.

Of course, right now I'm spending those points on gear for my current level, so it's going to be a while. There's an honor cap, but I'll save up what I can.

Or i'll get bored and start leveling again, we'll see. I think I could kill gnomes and dwarves for a pretty long time without losing interest.

Fucking act like it.

Resheph
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I wouldn't bother, it's really a waste of your time. You don't have to be good at PVP to farm honor in BG's in anyway shape or form, theres really no 1-on-1's, it's more of a big zerg-fest. Basically you're going to run around in a big group, and you're just going to toss CoA and Corruption on everything thats still moving. I always farmed honor in AV as games usually didn't last more then 20 minutes. The only BG you'll find 1-on-1's in is Arathi Basin, and usually when you only see one person, theres a couple rogues and/or druids stealthed around them.

Also, you'll outgrow the PVP gear rather quickly. The second you get to outlands you'll start throwing it all away. The green quest rewards in outlands are so much better then oldworld crap, I replaced two epics in a matter 3 hours or so.

Now I'm not saying don't go BG, go in and experience it and have fun. Get to know the maps and what you're supposed to be doing and build up some honor. But I wouldn't do it fort he gear at your level.

midget wrote:
vagina = chaos
CrushFearSynth wrote:
She thinks I'm weird compared to you? Dude, I thought you should audition for American Serial Killer when I met you.
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Mish is saying that he's just collecting the badges and honor so that when he hits 70, he can buy the 70 gear while working towards the other stuff.

Quote:

Resheph
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Of course, right now I'm spending those points on gear for my current level, so it's going to be a while.

midget wrote:
vagina = chaos
CrushFearSynth wrote:
She thinks I'm weird compared to you? Dude, I thought you should audition for American Serial Killer when I met you.
Haven
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mojooooooooooo, where aaaaarrrrre yooooooooou?

We also have a flea shortage. hint hint, Bairen.
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... lemme start by saying this:

YOU ALL SUCK!

Now that that is out of my system, I'll write here that I have downloaded (3 days of downloading) WoW and have made a character on Exodar as to play with an old friend of some of ours, Jason Mandrell. That's not to say that I am not anchored to that spot, so much as that's what I was doing for the one day that I was back.

As to my coming back to Maelstrom, It's like I never left... save I'm broke (moneywise). I probably won't be doing much in the way of tanking important instances with Cat right away, because it's been so long since I've done it (at least it seems that way). But when I get back into the swing of things, I'm hoping to do some PvP action to nab a nice 2-hander so I can (for real) spec Retribution. I know, everyone wants me to stay Tankadin, but I think it's time for a change. I can't put in the time required in a single setting for hardcore raiding, so I figure I'd try something to keep the interest piqued (is that the right word?).

When I quit, I gave all my money and materials to Phantomm for the rest of the guild to use. Not thinking that I would ever need it again, it was a good idea... until now. Hopefully it won't take long for me to get my new weapon with Cat and then I can try out the pwnage of faces.

Quote:

Resheph
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I logged in tonight due to Haven's post. Theres about 1700G in the guild bank, I'm sure P wouldn't mind loaning you some, I have about 800 myself so if you need some let me know. Noone is "wanting" you to stay tankadin that I know of, so play as you want bud!

Though I'm now having an issue with the launcher. I hadn't logged in for over a month. Went to login tonight and the launcher opens then closes a split second later. No error message or anything. I did do a 'system restore' about a week ago, but since I haven't logged in for over a month it shouldn't have changed anything. And I've done TONS of restores in the past and never had a problem.

I was able to launch via WoW.exe and logged in to chat for a bit. Logged off. Went to relog in and got some "Could not verify your version" error. So I uninstalled and deleted everything from my WoW directory. Reinstalled WoW/BC and patched......launcher still just opens for a split second then closes. I'm still able to launch via WoW.exe but this is fucked up. I made a post in the Tech forum explaining everything and of course the first reply I got was some retard saying "Maybe you should uninstall and reinstall" even though I clearly stated that I'd done so.

I'm hoping I don't have to, but I'll probably format in the morning and hopefully everything will work as intended.

midget wrote:
vagina = chaos
CrushFearSynth wrote:
Haven
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buahahaha.

BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Mishlai
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still maintain that Horde>Alliance.

Just got the 2nd to last piece of pvp gear for my lvl. One trinket remaining... the damage soak one. After that I need some BRD runs if someone can oblige.

Fucking act like it.

Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the by... if anyone is interested in running some Heroics with me, in my currently undergeared Ret fashion to help me try to nab some of the gear I need, lemme know! I won't be able to tank it, but I could respec back and pick up the tanking job if needed (won't be hard to do and I wouldn't mind if needed to do it).

Quote:

Resheph
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Mish, Midg.....I hate to say it but I'm not coming back to the dark side. I decided to resurrect my old hunter on Maelstrom and since the gang is back together, I'm going to be sticking there as long as I'm playing. Level 61 now....and decided to tame a level 49 pet last night, time to start running instances to get him up to my level ugh Rolling Eyes

midget wrote:
vagina = chaos
CrushFearSynth wrote:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> WoW - World of Warcraft All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: