The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Two example of pure internet epicness
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Silliness and Forum Fun
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Resheph
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Two example of pure internet epicness Reply with quote

I'm proud to present to you all two examples of pure internet epicness. Though I'm worried that these two examples taking place in such a short period of time might ruin the internet for the rest of my life.

First up we have a thread from an NSX (car) forum. The original poster turns out to be advertising for some online poker type site. Well unfortunately for him some people did some digging and found his personal info including his name, address and...his sex offender page.

You can find the thread here

Next up, we've got a situation that involves a cheating girlfriend. A member on a body building forum suspected his girlfriend of cheating. He apparently found proof, posted some pics, posted her myspace, posted her full name and phone number, etc. She was recieving hundreds of calls and text messages from all over the world. Family started threatening legal action, etc. Mods on the forum closed the thread, but other mods kept opening it up due to it's leet status. Eventually it was closed for good and deleted. They even had to make stickies saying not to request the thread again or be banned. Fortunately for us, some cliffnotes were made.
In the 36 hours that the original thread lasted there were 108 pages, 3200 replies, and over 200k views. That is the definition of epic.

Cliffnotes can be found here (Possibly NSFW)

There was a youtube video made about the post found Here. (Possibly NSFW)

I <3 the internet.

midget wrote:
vagina = chaos
CrushFearSynth wrote:
She thinks I'm weird compared to you? Dude, I thought you should audition for American Serial Killer when I met you.

Last edited by Resheph on Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Glistam
I plead the Third
I plead the Third

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that second link not safe for work? I read to the point that said thong pics were going to be posted and I closed it. I don't need IT on my ass.
Madhatte
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say that it might classify as NSFW, if you read the whole thing.

We are going to have to stick a pin in a map, set fire to something and carry on until the earth looks flat! -- RandyMac

I could teach you to how file a washer to make it worth a nickel but if you really want to make big bucks just take a penny and drill a hole in it and it becomes a washer and is worth a dime. -- Art Martin, Old-Time Logger
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IT doesn't know if you've read the whole thing... They just know what is on the entire page.
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Resheph
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes, both the second link and the youtube vid might be NSFW.
Appologies, I was quite sloshed when I posted that and completely forgot the warning.

midget wrote:
vagina = chaos
CrushFearSynth wrote:
She thinks I'm weird compared to you? Dude, I thought you should audition for American Serial Killer when I met you.
Resheph
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More Epicness!

Some guy who has a blog, posted that his house was broken into and the thieves stole his TV, and old Macbook (with the wrong powercord), and his Halo edition Xbox360. He called the cops but figured they wouldn't do much for him and decided to do some looking around himself. First thing he did was call a local pawn shop. Read about it Here

Then a link to his blog and what happened was posted on Digg and was instantly one of the top stories with a couple thousand 'diggs'. People start digging around on their own, finding this kids personal information and plastering it all over the internet. Updates Here

Some cliffnotes of the whole thing can be found here

midget wrote:
vagina = chaos
CrushFearSynth wrote:
CrushFearSynth
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not epic in a good way, but this has been happening.
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrushFearSynth wrote:
Not epic in a good way, but this has been happening.

Once again, people suck.
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. - Albert Einstein
"Raccoons oscillate at 50Hz in Europe." - FAWBOTS
"I'm not sure I'm up for orgy scrabble parties" - Female Friend
CrushFearSynth
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup. I would have started shooting people.
Ryrra
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrushFearSynth wrote:

I would think that the guns would be some of the first things to go.

Whenever you are asked if you can do a job, tell 'em, 'Certainly I can!' Then get busy and find out how to do it.
-Theodore Roosevelt (1858 - 1919)-
Smile
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryrra wrote:
CrushFearSynth wrote:

I would think that the guns would be some of the first things to go.

Just one more reason for conceal carry laws.

Speaking of which, anyone know the legality of shooting someone who you see stealing your stuff? Say the guys he stopped in the road on the way to his house?
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. - Albert Einstein
"Raccoons oscillate at 50Hz in Europe." - FAWBOTS
"I'm not sure I'm up for orgy scrabble parties" - Female Friend
Resheph
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Granted state laws are all widely different....I doubt it'd be legal. A lot of gun laws are so vague it isn't even funny, which tends to fuck most lawful owners/users over.

midget wrote:
vagina = chaos
CrushFearSynth wrote:
CrushFearSynth
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

State laws are quite varied. And all state laws are still subject to federal law. I believe for the most part the only time lethal force is allowed by private citizens is through immediate self defense of life, or if the trespasser enters your personal dwelling(some states require you to attempt escape only, if possible). My problem with laws that prevent you from defending your home and belongings is simple: according to the legal definition of trespass - by illegally entering someone else's property, for whatever purpose, you are putting yourself in harm's way, explicitly accepting whatever consequences befall you. Despite this, it is universally illegal to trap your home.
Resheph
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, in Connecticut, the law states you are legally allowed to use deadly force in the case of "Forceable entry into ones home". However you have to bring interpretation into it.....which is common. If someone climbs into an open window (compared to kicking in my door, because an open window is apparently invitational entry), that isn't forceable entry now is it? Poof.....according to the law I'm no longer legally allowed to shoot the fucker and I go to jail for murder. But thats for another thread (start one).

midget wrote:
vagina = chaos
CrushFearSynth wrote:
Mishlai
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's generally illegal to kill someone to prevent the loss of property. It's legal in some places, but it's a messed up thing to do no matter where you are. We don't assign the death penalty for property crimes because we don't believe it warrants that, and it doesn't warrant it when it's happening either.

Fucking act like it.

"The stars died so that you could be here today" - Lawrence Krauss

"The universe is huge and old, and rare things happen all the time." - Lawrence Krauss
Ryrra
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say shoot them in the foot so they can not get away as fast. that is not Deadly force in my oppinion. Very Happy

Whenever you are asked if you can do a job, tell 'em, 'Certainly I can!' Then get busy and find out how to do it.
-Theodore Roosevelt (1858 - 1919)-
Smile
CrushFearSynth
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It's legal in some places

I don't believe it is anywhere. You have to feel as if your life is being threatened before you can kill someone, which is why many states require that you evacuate. Some states just consider trespass on living space(not simply owned property) a reasonable threat. I believe in North Carolina it is only legal to shoot someone if they are about to shoot you first(gun raised with the provable intent to fire). Which means you have to give them the chance. This is completely dumb.
Leedon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"But your honor, when he picked up my TV I thought he was going to hit me with it! Honest!"
It makes no sense to me.

-Flirtin' with Disaster, Molly Hatchet
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's coming right at us!!!! /obvious
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Madhatte
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Castle Law, folks. Simple as that.

We are going to have to stick a pin in a map, set fire to something and carry on until the earth looks flat! -- RandyMac

I could teach you to how file a washer to make it worth a nickel but if you really want to make big bucks just take a penny and drill a hole in it and it becomes a washer and is worth a dime. -- Art Martin, Old-Time Logger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Silliness and Forum Fun All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: