The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BEB City of Heroes / City of Villains information

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> CoH - City of Heroes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glistam
I plead the Third
I plead the Third

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:51 am    Post subject: BEB City of Heroes / City of Villains information Reply with quote

I've found that as new people decide to join our small group in City of Heroes/Villains, some of the same questions are asked that have been answered, but the answers are buried in a currently 8-page long thread. So this topic will attempt to keep all the pertinent info in a convenient, easy to access place. As the info changes or gets updated, I'll try to keep the main post updated to reflect that.

Currently BEB is officially playing on the Victory server. For our superhero characters, our supergroup is called TeamBEB. For our villain characters, our supergroup is called Scourge. The monthly fee for this game allows you to play as heroes and villains, it is not a separate monthly fee for each.

BEB has a private chat channel, called BEB. To access this chat channel you need to open up the options for the tab you want BEB chat to appear in, then add the BEB channel first to your list of chat channels then to your tab.

Anyone from these boards is welcome in either of our supergroups and our chat channel. We have not actively recruited from other players outside of the boards but that does not mean they are not welcome. The supergroups look like they have a lot of members, but that list contains a lot of alternate characters as well as our main characters.

To get an invite to either of our groups you just need to ask in game. You have to be online with a character in order to be invited. Most of the players have the ability to invite others.

Any of the players in the game can send e-mails to other people that will give them a free 10-day trial. One trial should be to re-activate an old account, the other 10-day trial is for creating a brand new account. Neither of these options require credit cards but the 10 day timer starts from when you activate it, not from when you log in to play. The e-mails containing the trial code also contains instructions on how the game can be downloaded.

Here are links for hero or villain planning:
http://www.cohplanner.com/ has an online version.
Mongo Addition: http://www.honourableunited.org.uk/mhd.php has a downloadable trainer that is up to date. The updates happen automatically at startup, too.

If you are reactivating an old account, or you're just restarting and you were a player from an older version, check out the official boards and/or ask us here for information on the changes specific to your character. The game is currently up to issue 11 and many things about the current version are different from the release version of it (inventions, regeneration, diminishing returns with slots, etc). We recommend you research your existing characters and their power choices before burning up a respec.

If you're playing a villain Mastermind, here is a nice post that gives you a lot of good information about that archetype, including setting up the pet control macros.

You can't add a villain to your friends list if you're a hero, and vice versa. You can add their global chat handle to your friends list. You won't be able to receive tells or hear local chat from a villain unless you enable those settings in your options. The Help channel contains both Hero and Villain help requests, which you will hear if you enable your settings to hear the other side.

This game allows characters of wildly different levels to still effectively group together. This can be accomplished by making a low level character the Sidekick of a higher level one, or by having a high level character agree to be an Exemplar to a lower level one.

Sidekick: A low level character who wishes to party with high level characters can have one of the high levels invite him to become a Sidekick (right click and select the option). The charcter who sends the invite becomes known as the sidekick's Mentor. When sidekicked, your level is raised to one below your mentor's level. All your powers scale to your new level but this level is not considered "real" for the purpose of entering Hazard Zones. You and your mentor need to stay close to each other, or else his mentoring influence fades and your level returns to it's original value - a very dangerous situation in a high level zone.

Exemplar: A high level character who wishes to party with low level characters can have one of the low levels invite him to become an Exemplar (right click and select the option). While an exemplar the character's level is artificially lowered to match that of the inviting character. The high level character temporarily loses access to any powers he gained after that level (so when respecing, be sure to pay attention to what level you're giving a character a power). The is no range limit on an exemplared hero like there is with sidekicks. While exemplared, the hero will not earn XP unless he has debt - in that case, he earns full XP towards paying off the debt. Otherwise, with no debt he just earns slightly more influence than normal.

Here is an incomplete list of the board members currently playing the game, their chat handle in game and their characters:

Glistam
@Glistam
Arctic Hellfire (Hero, Blaster)
Tokobauzsos (Hero, Scrapper)
Will X (Hero, Tanker)
Malorna (Villain, Dominator)
Violet Mercy (Hero, Defender)
Fire Sentinel (Hero, Tanker)
Master Yuu (Villain, Mastermind)
Scarlett Inferno (Villain, Corruptor)
Glistam (Hero, Controller)
Lance Pierce (Hero, Scrapper)

Leedon
@Croatian Thunder
Croatian Thunder (Hero, Tanker)
Fire-Kat (Hero, Tanker)
Seurge (Hero, Defender)
Kyouri (Villain, Mastermind)
others

Flybuy
@Hole in One
Hole in One (Hero, Scrapper)
Burning Voice (Hero, Blaster)
Irish Seer (Hero, Controller)
Froshock (Hero, Blaster)

Mongolio
@Murk Eidolon
Dusk Eidolon (Hero, Scrapper)
Mongolio (Villain, Brute)
Technonomicon (Villain, Mastermind)
Bone Fixer (Hero, Defender)
Force Bubbler (Hero, Defender)
Forced Laugh (Hero, Defender)
Revenant Master (Villain, Mastermind)
others

Trassin
@Apollo's Furry
ManRam (Hero, Tanker)
Gravvex (Hero, Controller)
Apollo's Furry (Hero, Blaster)
Apollo's Fury (Hero, Blaster)
Trassin (Hero, Defender)
Assassin of Wrath (Hero, Scrapper)
Another Zombie (Villain, Brute)
Le Freak (Villain, Mastermind)

loupy_lobo
@Domnule Barbat
Domnule Barbat (Hero, Blaster)
Dedao do pe (Hero, Tanker)
Lobo Gangrelli (Villain, Brute)
Domnisoara Lucru (Villain, Corrupter)
Colonel Thanatos (Villain, Mastermind)

Phoenixhr
@Xabasisi
Senor Ferrettino (Hero, Controller)
Citizen G'Kar (Villain, Stalker)

Haven
@Terror Angel
Dr. Lina Matthews (Hero, Blaster)
Terror Angel (Hero, Scrapper)
Dr. Geist (Villain, Dominator)
The Bosnian Brawler (Villain, Brute)

Last edited by Glistam on Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:54 pm; edited 17 times in total
Loupy Lobo
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll add my characters so I can edit it as things change.

My heroes are:
Domnule Barbat (Blaster)
Dedao do pe (Tanker)

Villains:
Lobo Gangrelli (Brute)
Domnisoara Lucru (Corrupter)
Colonel Thanatos (Mastermind)

Last edited by Loupy Lobo on Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:39 am; edited 2 times in total
Phoenixhr
Brigadier Aspirant
Brigadier Aspirant

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Xabasisi

Senor Ferrettino (Grav/Kin) Controller
Citizen G'Kar (Dual/Dark) Stalker
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Glistam
I plead the Third
I plead the Third

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you have an update just make a new post with it, and either myself or another mod will update the main post accordingly. This way no matter how long the thread gets, all the most up to date info is always in the first post.

What I've been doing.
What I'm also doing.
What I wish I did more of.
What I've done.
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-ManRam (Hero, Tanker)
-Gravvex (Hero, Controller)
-Apollo's Furry (Hero, Blaster)
-Apollo's Fury (Hero, Blaster)
-Trassin (Hero, Defender)
-Assassin of Wrath (Hero, Scrapper)

-Another Zombie (Villain, Brute)
-Le Freak (Villain, Mastermind)
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. - Albert Einstein
"Raccoons oscillate at 50Hz in Europe." - FAWBOTS
"I'm not sure I'm up for orgy scrabble parties" - Female Friend
Loupy Lobo
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Villains:

Domnisoara Lucru (Corrupter)
Colonel Thanatos (Mastermind)
Haven
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm back. Again.

@Terror Angel
Glistam
I plead the Third
I plead the Third

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back.

What I've been doing.
What I'm also doing.
What I've done.
Glistam
I plead the Third
I plead the Third

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I updated my character info and lined out everyone else except Leedon, since to my understanding we're all that's left. We'll be trimming the supergroup list in a couple of days in order to reflect the characters that are no longer around.

What I've been doing.
What I'm also doing.
What I've done.
Flybuy
Migrant
Migrant

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been fighting myself with this one, I really like this game. It's just hard to find the time. I'm one of those horrible people that will steal time from classes (2 this semester), I obviously can't take time at work. I think though, during the summer semesters (April starts), I will come back to the game! So don't uncross my name just yet...but I'm feeling pretty strongly about bringing the groups darker side back. I mean, what are we without an ex-working girl and a smooth-talkling, lady-killing, brother with a seriously shocking fro?

The only thing I'm concerned with is the last time Fro-Shock had a real job, the cops would never leave him alone!!
pic1 and pic2

Must've dated his sister!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> CoH - City of Heroes All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: