The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

March Update

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> FFXI - Final Fantasy Online
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:22 am    Post subject: March Update Reply with quote

I was just telling kiki the other day that Campaign was fun, but after about 200k worth of xp earned in it, it was getting a tad boring for me. Apparently SE agrees.

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/2806/detail.html

Quote:
Since the release of the Wings of the Goddess expansion pack, countless adventurers have enjoyed serving their nations in the Campaign theater. Occurring in higher frequency than their Besieged counterparts, Campaign battles offer a more readily available venue, where players may take on more varied and rewarding roles.

As a result, we recognize the need to make adjustments and introduce new content in order to prevent repetitiveness in the gameplay and enemy AI.
Following in that vein, the next version update will herald in a number of alterations and additions to Campaign.
We would like to take this opportunity to introduce four of the new elements that will be incorporated:

Beastman Strongholds
Strongholds will be introduced in association with each Beastman controlled territory. Campaign battles will occur when the Allied Forces of Altana come to hold sway over any territory lying on the outskirts of said Beastman strongholds.

Belfry
Available to both the Allied Forces of Altana as well as the Beastman Confederate, the belfry will become available to armies attacking regions not under their influence once their technological means have reached a predetermined level.
Since they house a "war bell" capable of calling forth reinforcements, it is imperative that players not only protect the belfries of the Allied Forces tooth and nail, but also demolish those of the Beastman Confederate as quickly as possible.

Mantelet
The mantelet is also available to both sides, and will be placed at a location that an army is defending once their technological means have reached a predetermined level.
The mantelet's benefit derives from its ability to restore the HP of friendly players within its vicinity. As such, much like the belfry, they must be defended or destroyed accordingly.

Siege Turret
Available only to the Beastman Confederate are siege turrets, which will appear when an army's technological means reach an incredibly high level while attacking an area not under their influence.
Capable of repeated long-range attacks, in addition to spawning ferocious enemies, the siege turret is widely considered to be the Beastman Confederate's most powerful and deadly weapon.

In addition to the items detailed above, further enhancements will be made to freelances, Campaign Ops, individual unit information and adjustments, and more!
Look forward to a richer, more complex Campaign!

I'll be excited to get back on the field of battle.

Lotan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Glistam
I plead the Third
I plead the Third

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Campaign excited me enough to make me get the expansion and plan on playing again, and it turns out they're going to change it.
tsakiki
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're adding stuff to it to make it even better. Very Happy
Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've still got a month to log in and start ranking up before they add the new stuff. I don't think it will get worse over time, but better. You might have some bumps in the road though.

Lotan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Yobun
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The issue whereby certain restoration magic causes the character to become temporarily immobile, will be addressed. Up until now, casting cure on a character immediately after they initiate the attack command will result in that character becoming unable to move until spellcasting is complete, even after they have assumed battle stance. This immobility duration will be reduced drastically with the next version update.

Years late but good none the less. They state the problem very strange. its not just resoritive spells and its not just in battle stance. Its any spell animation on a player. if the plaer is not moving or doing the action when the animation starts it has to wait till the animation is over.
Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way they programmed the animation code is just weird. There's so many little bugs and issues with them.

Between that and them fixing the monster name color and battle music this should be known as the 2004 patch that never happened.

D3 and new WS's for Widget are exciting, although the Sharpshot I'd prefer to shoot faster than have more spike damage. He's already capable of pulling hate with Daze.

Lotan
Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/update/ff11us/20080311cPxl31/detail.html

Looks like Scholar got buffed all to hell which is cool. Sounds like it needed it. Too bad they didn't add blink or stoneskin so I could sub it to BLM.

First reports of the new puppet weapon skills don't sound promising unfortunately.

They did fix it so that puppets are affected by en-drain and en-aspir from DNC though, so thats kind of cool.

People are saying collaborator is a 1m timer which is awesome for THF. THF/WAR tank ftw.

Lotan

FYI for those looking for them:
Quote:
Meriphataud gate crystal: I-8 Under Drogaroga's Spine
Jugner gate crystal: Border of G-9/H-9
Pashhow gate crystal: J-9
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> FFXI - Final Fantasy Online All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: