The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

City of Heroes group picture

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> CoH - City of Heroes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glistam
I plead the Third
I plead the Third

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:08 am    Post subject: City of Heroes group picture Reply with quote

A discussion we had over the weekend was how we'd like to be able to have all our alts together for a big group photo. What we came up with was taking a photo around the big table in our supergroup. Details are sketchy at this time but some thoughts we had:

-There would be seating arrangements at the table, so that two people are not in the same spot once the shot is photoshopped together.

-We have a lot of alts, and only so many seats, so only a certain number of alts per character would be allowed.

-The photoshopper would have a character in position in the base to take the picture, and they would not move. This would allow for easier picture editing.

-The super group needs a character who would be a "leader" of the group. Or maybe we don't have a leader but are rather some sort of democracy, or a combo of the two like the justice league?

I'm posting this for discussion and to get reactions. Currently we're only planning this on the Hero side. It seemed like a good use of the supergroup table and a good way to get all the characters together.

What I've been doing.
What I'm also doing.
What I wish I did more of.
What I've done.
Glistam
I plead the Third
I plead the Third

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The table we have has 16 chairs, and we have 8 active players. Quick math gives us two characters per player at the table. You could also have an alt not at the table but in the background, though this will require more coordination to ensure there are no overlaps when the picture is put together.

For my characters I'd like to have Tokobauzsos and Arctic Hellfire at the table, and maybe Will-X somewhere in the background.

What I've been doing.
What I'm also doing.
What I've done.
Loupy Lobo
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea, but how are we going to pull of having more than one alt out at once? Y'all will have to talk me through it so I can have Domnule Barbat and Dedao do pe seated at the same time.
Glistam
I plead the Third
I plead the Third

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What we'll do is have the cameraman stay logged in the whole time, facing the same view of the room. Then we'll choose seats for the characters and take multiple pictures in order to get every alt we want together. You'll sit in an assigned seat with one character, the picture will be taken, and then you'll log out and get your other character, who will sit in his (different) assigned seat, and also have that picture taken. The resulting pictures will be photoshopped together.

What I've been doing.
What I'm also doing.
What I've done.
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, now I just need to decide who of ManRam, Gravvex, and Trassin will get to be in the picture.
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. - Albert Einstein
"Raccoons oscillate at 50Hz in Europe." - FAWBOTS
"I'm not sure I'm up for orgy scrabble parties" - Female Friend
Glistam
I plead the Third
I plead the Third

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could have all three, but only two can be seated at the table. Anyone else will have to be fit in the background. Alternatively, if someone only has one character they want at the table, then that frees up a spot for another person.

What I've been doing.
What I'm also doing.
What I've done.
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glistam wrote:
You could have all three, but only two can be seated at the table. Anyone else will have to be fit in the background. Alternatively, if someone only has one character they want at the table, then that frees up a spot for another person.

I'll probably have ManRam in the background then, since his loyalties are to his people first before any group.
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. - Albert Einstein
"Raccoons oscillate at 50Hz in Europe." - FAWBOTS
"I'm not sure I'm up for orgy scrabble parties" - Female Friend
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> CoH - City of Heroes All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: