The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I'll never understand...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Silliness and Forum Fun
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glistam
I plead the Third
I plead the Third

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:25 am    Post subject: I'll never understand... Reply with quote

...women.

Why would a woman wear an outfit that's relatively revealing (tight and low cut) and then spend the entire time she interacts with someone else trying to cover herself up with a jacket that keeps opening back up? I would think that if you're self consious enough where you don't want people to see something then you wouldn't wear clothing that lets it be seen.

I guess another explanation could be that the skimpy outfit wasn't intended for the benefit of the person they were talking to, but for someone else and they didn't want to have to change later. But it still just seems silly to me.
Haven
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, and would like to likewise complain about women who wear these outfits, then bitch that guys stare at them.

It's a trap, I tell ya.
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might not be a trap. She might be trying a false-modesty thing to seduce men. Nothing is hotter than an innocent looking girl who dressed sexier than she apparently meant to.

Though Haven is most likely right... it's a trap. But one I'm more than willing to fall into. "Bitch at me all you want lady, I saw your business!"

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Chick!
Brigadier Recruit
Brigadier Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Women almost always dress intentionally, but there are times when you think you're confident enough to pull off something revelaing, and then you find yourself in public totally mortified at what you're wearing. The only time I've ever been unaware when I left the house about a fashion item, has to do with how low cut a shirt is. That's tricky buisness because necklines creep I tell ya. THEY CREEP! I never meant to show THAT much!

Yeah getting pissed because guys are looking is stupid.

I also hate it when girls try to antagonize their boyfriends because some guy was staring at their half naked ass. There was a certain electrician that used to pull crap like that. It was tedious to say the least.

I think we should take the economy, put a bag over its head, shot gun a few beers, and get it over with.---Dick Calhoun, Write in Party, SNL

I'm not sure even the jolly green giant has the balls to teabag the whitehouse.--Jon Stewart
Ryrra
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having just gone dress shopping I will have to say that I always know what I am wearing. How ever from day to day I may feel like I look great in an outfit or terrable. Some days it can be minutes. I may see something like a lower than I expected neck line. or that it bunches when I write on the chalkboard. or worse it shows my abdomen when I reach up to write on the board. Clothing does strange things when you wear it.

Whenever you are asked if you can do a job, tell 'em, 'Certainly I can!' Then get busy and find out how to do it.
-Theodore Roosevelt (1858 - 1919)-
Smile
PersephoneBlue
Settler
Settler

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed clothing does strange things. I'm always suprised at how aware men are of clevage. Unless I'm wearing a turtle neck guys always are able to sneak a peek..a power that amazes me. I'm really short..so my perspective looking straight on in a mirror is probably different that all the men that tower over me.
CrushFearSynth
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless? Pssht. Turtlenecks are no match for a man's Breast Sensory Perception.
Loupy Lobo
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Persephone, you say that like we have a choice in the matter...
khimaira
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

loupy_lobo wrote:
Yeah Persephone, you say that like we have a choice in the matter...

I try to look at a chic's eyes, but my mind makes full use of my peripheral vision.
Chick!
Brigadier Recruit
Brigadier Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh persephone...I feel your pain with the shortness. I'm only 5 ft. tall. Strangely enough all of the enginerds I used to work with at Samsung would point out that I had clevage showing like I forgot my pants or something. It was like, "Goodness gracious! Cover your boobies!" ANY AMOUNT of clevage. I pretty much started wearing nothing but turtlenecks, MC Chris t-shirts, and my UT hoodie around them. Once I got some converse tennis shoes I fit in like a champ.

I think we should take the economy, put a bag over its head, shot gun a few beers, and get it over with.---Dick Calhoun, Write in Party, SNL

I'm not sure even the jolly green giant has the balls to teabag the whitehouse.--Jon Stewart
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Persephone also has been know to accuse people of having wandering eyes even when they didn't Razz
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. - Albert Einstein
"Raccoons oscillate at 50Hz in Europe." - FAWBOTS
"I'm not sure I'm up for orgy scrabble parties" - Female Friend
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PersephoneBlue wrote:
Indeed clothing does strange things. I'm always suprised at how aware men are of clevage. Unless I'm wearing a turtle neck guys always are able to sneak a peek..a power that amazes me. I'm really short..so my perspective looking straight on in a mirror is probably different that all the men that tower over me.

One of the few good things about being 6'7" tall...
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
CrushFearSynth
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a physical thing. Men's eyes are predisposed to gravitating towards boobies(or whatever they prefer about a woman's body, boobies are simply the most noticeable and most expedient to observe on the fly). Case in point: Chicken boobies. Don't say you haven't, guys, there are whole threads derailed on the topic.
PersephoneBlue
Settler
Settler

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trassin wrote:
Persephone also has been know to accuse people of having wandering eyes even when they didn't Razz

I have no idea what you are talking about...I've never accused you of checking out other women when I'm around..only that I think you have terrible taste in women...Which doesn't bode well for me. Are you sure you're not confusing me with on of your many crazy ex's......

I just accuse you of having a secret affair with Shakira when you're not visiting me...or when I'm not down in Edwardsville. Jerkface Razz
PersephoneBlue
Settler
Settler

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrushFearSynth wrote:
Unless? Pssht. Turtlenecks are no match for a man's Breast Sensory Perception.

OH..I'm just saying that's the only type of shirt I can wear that doesn't show some type of clevage. NO shirt is able to completely camoflage my chest....The only thing baggy shirts do is make me look twice as big as I am...sigh....the plight of being well endowed.
CrushFearSynth
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought back pain was the plight of being well endowed.
khimaira
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrushFearSynth wrote:

I thought you should shut the hell up while she's talking about her boobs! oneBlue, don't mind the interruption, please continue.
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khimaira wrote:
CrushFearSynth wrote:

I thought you should shut the hell up while she's talking about her boobs! oneBlue, don't mind the interruption, please continue.

haha
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. - Albert Einstein
"Raccoons oscillate at 50Hz in Europe." - FAWBOTS
"I'm not sure I'm up for orgy scrabble parties" - Female Friend
Mishlai
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do think part of it is "I'm looking sexy, but not for you." This is true of more than how she dresses. A woman wants in all ways to be irresistible to a man she's interested in, and left the hell alone by the others. It's a desire divorced from the reality of men, but whatever. From the male side I find it effective to feel her out with a smile & light chat. If she seems engaged then she's probably going to respond well to expressions of interest in all of their forms, including appreciative looks. If not then almost any level of attention from you is going to be unwanted, and that's just the way it is.

This sort of thing used to make me crazy, but now I find it useful. It's actually easier to detect when a woman is interested because they're usually so careful to not give any unnecessary speech, smiles or eye contact to a guy who she isn't attracted to ('cuz we'll grasp at the smallest sliver of hope, won't we guys?).

I'm conscious of eye contact but will snatch whatever glances I can when the opportunity presents itself (she breaks eye contact for some reason). Sometimes she'll look back before you've raised your eyes but generally as long as you return to eye contact, treat her with respect, and don't do it repeatedly during the same conversation there won't be a problem. It's more rude if she's talking to you than if she's paused to do something because of the implication that you aren't really listening while your attention is over on boob gazing (which isn't necessarily true, but whatever)

I've found that even looking at her with peripheral vision results in her feeling that and becoming uncomfortable. I don't know how exactly, but it's detectable so I tend to just look where I'm looking. Complimenting her top generally comes with permission to look at it and her for a few moments while you give the compliment and can be a comfortable way to really look at a woman without having to pretend that you're not or worry that she's about to glance up from what she's doing. This is again subject to her mood and opinion of you.

One of the small delights in life is the opportunity to look upon a woman who is too distracted or otherwise unable to notice your gaze. It's nice to take in her beauty without fear of being caught and admonished. Snorkeling in a spring comes to mind - swimmers are unaware of & unconcerned with who is looking where under the surface. Her digging in her purse or looking over her shoulder is also a nice cover.

And yeah, excessive cleavage can break the civility of even the most polite of us. Sometimes when that happens it's more comfortable to just come out & express that you think she looks hot - somehow this can magically turn creepy into complimentary.

I adore a woman who can be secure enough to give me permission to look at the beauty of other women. I'm going to do it anyway - I can't not do it - and I hate feeling guilty and secretive about it. Women seem to take a man's interest in other women as a statement that she is somehow not enough to hold his focus, but it's got zero to do with that. A hot woman is always hot, even if your woman is hotter. Guys get tunnel vision in the beginning of a relationship, but as infatuation fades he starts to notice the world around him again. It doesn't mean anything at all about her or their relationship. Getting yelled at for looking just means that you can't relax when you're with your woman in public, and that sucks a lot. I'd rather be thinking about what a nice day it is than "Oh shit there's a woman, don't look don't look don't look." It doesn't even mean that I want to wander, I just like what I see.

Fucking act like it.

"The stars died so that you could be here today" - Lawrence Krauss

"The universe is huge and old, and rare things happen all the time." - Lawrence Krauss
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Silliness and Forum Fun All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: