The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Death Knights
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> WoW - World of Warcraft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mishlai
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right... I don't remember the exact pvp duration but it's definitely shorter. I look at it for both, but my recent testing has been pve vs non-ellite 70 mobs.

Fucking act like it.

"The stars died so that you could be here today" - Lawrence Krauss

"The universe is huge and old, and rare things happen all the time." - Lawrence Krauss
Haven
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, yeah, Death Knights look cool.
Tzalik
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven wrote:

They needed to do it, because there are no counters to Druids, outside of a Mace-spec rogue with double Wound poison, who gets the first shot.

I understand it's upsetting to Druid players, but welcome to "Getting CC'd like everyone else". I get tired of it taking 5 or 6 players to take down even a mediocre druid.

I easily kill resto druids on my shaman... really. Instead of spamming shocks and stormstrike I simply spam purge and only toss out the frost shock when they dash in cat or drop to travel form. If frost shock is on cooldown insta ghostwolf then earthbind or frost shock comes off cooldown, then continue purge spam.

Mutants & Masterminds PDF here
Haven
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a site that ripped the Alpha test talent trees. Hawt.

Of course, even if they are legit, they'll change before release, but still fun to look at.
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven wrote:
I found a site that ripped the Alpha test talent trees. Hawt.

Of course, even if they are legit, they'll change before release, but still fun to look at.

There's been a lot of this "leaked" info, though some of the speculation was confirmed at Blizzard's recent Worldwide Invitational. So far I'm really liking what I'm seeing.
Exzavier
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a new continent or area in WotLK also?
A level 70-80 area?
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's called Northrend. Tons of new dungeons, raids, new battlegrounds and an entire zone dedicated to world PvP.
TeflonJon
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Death Knights are friggin sweet!

They set you up as a lvl 55 with all greens. By the time you've finished the "newbie" starter quests, you'll be 58 and all in blues, and will be in Ogrimmar for Horde (not sure where the alli chars go).

It's very well done. The whole thing is kind of like an instance were the countryside changes as you progress through your quests. So you see the Scourge gradually working their way across taking one little town after another. You get to ride a wyrm and lay waste to one of the towns. I absolutely loved it. You get a 100% speed mount fairly early on (around 55-56) and gain multiple talent points per quest completed so that by the time you get done you have a decent amount to invest into your talent trees.
Haven
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Death Knight GLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akuma, what kind of build are you using for your DK?
"People really donít like to hear success explained away as luck ó especially successful people. As they age, and succeed, people feel their success was somehow inevitable. They donít want to acknowledge the role played by accident in their lives. There is a reason for this: the world does not want to acknowledge it either." -- Michael Lewis
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what I have right now at lv71, and this is my intended 80 build as a frost tank.

I have tried all 3 trees, but Frost's playstyle is definitely my favourite. I enjoy having Icy Touch actually do damage instead of just being a throw-away ability to apply a disease, and I also love having a Runic Power ability that hits hard (Frost Strike).

Unholy was fun to mess around with between having perma-ghoul and using Gargoyle, but it just wasn't my thing.

Blood's self-healing makes it CRAZY for soloing, and some of the stuff you can do with it is just insane. When I was trying a blood spec, a friend and I were able to 2-man Durn the Hungerer at lv67; it took us 3 tries, but regardless, that is nuts (though this of course is popping every cooldown).

Overall I am just really enjoying the class, it's difficult, insanely difficult, and I tanked my first instance today which was a real eye-opener as to how hard it really is. I'm really looking forward to raiding with it as my guild's MT at 80.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a soloer, so I love the Blood line.

I took two points in Unholy to increase my Plague Strike damage, three in Frost to increase Icy Touch damage and the rest in Blood so far (at 60). I plan to finish filling out Blood then doing some small points in both Frost and Unholy. I'll remote into my home computer and get links to my current and final specs.

Level 60 spec

Level 80 spec

I'm probably pretty boring to a lot of you. I hardly ever remember to use long cooldown abilities, so I normally don't take them...
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
TeflonJon
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was half and half blood and frost, but decided to switch over to full UH since my brother was playing a blood spec. I love it, I'll be wiping groups of three or four mobs and still be close to full health at the end of the fight. I haven't played with the gargoyle yet, but the permanent ghoul is definitely nice. I have had a few instances where I've pulled a little too much with the AoE abilities but I can normally keep it controlled.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm definitely gonna have to give Unholy a shot. I'll prolly try Horde on a different server (only one DK per server Sad ) just to see how it is. If it's super awesome, I might delete my current one...

Just a few questions, though. Is the pet worth a damn? Does it do decent damage? Armor? Can it keep aggro or is it like a Succubus? Do I care if it has aggro? Is it just extra damage? Any good special abilities?
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akuma, seeing as you aren't taking HC, I assume you are using a PvE build eh?

Mongo, when I played the Beta the pet kicked ass, I was Unholy and I loved it. The Ghoul is both cool and effective. I want to play a different build now, but I am having a hard time convincing myself that anything but Unholy is the way to go.
"People really donít like to hear success explained away as luck ó especially successful people. As they age, and succeed, people feel their success was somehow inevitable. They donít want to acknowledge the role played by accident in their lives. There is a reason for this: the world does not want to acknowledge it either." -- Michael Lewis
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really haven't used even the temporary pet very much. I never need it with Blood spec. I'll give it the ol' college try when I get home.
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that build listed is my tanking build. I've thrown around some PvP builds but I still don't really know how to PvP as a DK, since you can't theorycraft that. I'll come up with something when I'm 80.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A dude at my office hates PvP against an Unholy build. Kill the DK and he pops back up as a Ghoul for 45 sec, so you have to kill it all over again. No clue as to whether that's the PvP spec, though. Blood's strength is it's ability to heal against +4 or +5 solo, but maybe Unholy can do the same with 5 even level mobs?

I'll do some playing with the Unholy specs I can find, but not for PvP.
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Exzavier
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So should I forget my Rogue and start a DK?

I guess they are better then every other class?
midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say DK is one of the most balanced classes, with all of their trees being really good. They aren't broken though and everything I'm reading is saying that a good melee should have no problem taking down a single DK. DKs do get a little silly when there's a swarm of them stacking their diseases like a leper colony.

I'm guessing you are combat, Ex?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> WoW - World of Warcraft All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: