The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Battlestar Galactica
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Movies/TV/Music/Books
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chowda
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trassin wrote:
I thought the most recent episode was great.

Spoiler:

So, was that Gayta (sp?) dude just referencing phantom leg syndrome or some crazy prophecy with his last line? "It stopped" freaked me out almost as much as Starbuck's "they're not your men anymore" line charged me up the week before.

And they brought back the lawyer!!!!!

Oh, and you heard it here first: That was a false Earth they landed on. They never showed a clear shot of it. The only time they ever did was at the very end of the 4th season when Starbuck came back from the dead.

"Don't like the anime so much....but this just looks....well....."holy shit awesome." Crush exhibiting his superb observational skills referring to this movie

Last edited by chowda on Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total
CrushFearSynth
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use spoiler tags, please. Not everyone knows they landed on Earth, real or not.

In any case, I disagree. They showed the planet from orbit. If it wasn't our planet, it was an exact replica.

He was just saying that the itching and pain irritation of his stump finally stopped. Wah-Wah-Wah-Waaaaaaaah.

Significant Spoilers:

It was definitely Earth, the story is supposed to be that the lost 13th tribe that fled Kobol and found Earth were all Cylons. I believe the humans will end up being the original instigators of the conflict, hunting down the Cylons and killing them all on Earth. The human form Cylons might turn out not to be the creations of those on the colonies, but "descendants" of the original line, possibly with memory corruption after centuries of resurrections or something.
chowda
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler:

I have all the new episodes onDemand right now. They never gave the clear view of the planet that they did at the end of the last season (the one that ended in spring 2007). That, I am sure of. I'd have to rewatch the episode where they jumped there to be sure, but I remember thinking that they never showed a definitive shot then, either.

I could be wrong.

"Don't like the anime so much....but this just looks....well....."holy shit awesome." Crush exhibiting his superb observational skills referring to this movie
CrushFearSynth
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are. First episode this season, clear orbital view on entry into the atmosphere. Who knows? If they can make replicas of people, maybe they can make a replica of Earth.
Izane Bricks
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Thanks douchebag.
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charcoal_tIMC wrote:
Quote:

Thanks douchebag.

In his defense, it was a over a year ago. And everything in the current episodes is based off that fact.
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. - Albert Einstein
"Raccoons oscillate at 50Hz in Europe." - FAWBOTS
"I'm not sure I'm up for orgy scrabble parties" - Female Friend
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPOILER

The thing that gets me curious is if the 13th colony was Cylon... skinjob Cylons at that, then did the humans really build the Cylons? How does that play into things? Is it some odd time-space thing (as evidenced by Starbuck's trip to the planet's surface)?

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
CrushFearSynth
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All we know is that the colonists built the "old model" Cylons. The skinjobs came from who knows where. The humans sure didn't make them, so either they came about through the evolution of singularity, or they were from somewhere else. It was never touched upon in more detail than, "crap they look like us now."
Izane Bricks
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
In his defense, it was a over a year ago. And everything in the current episodes is based off that fact.

I know, it was just amusing that he had a spoiler in his comment about others putting on spoiler tags.
chowda
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrushFearSynth wrote:
You are. First episode this season, clear orbital view on entry into the atmosphere.

I'm looking at it right now. I see ocean, some land, and that's about it. In the episode I referred to, there was a clear view of North America.

That's the cause of my trepidation.

CrushFearSynth
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I know, it was just amusing that he had a spoiler in his comment about others putting on spoiler tags.

The spoilers were already dropped that I was commenting on. No conflicts there. Or do you guys not read every post?

I watched them again last night, and the only clear view I could see was from the first episode of this season, not the last episode from last season. Anyway, I hope they don't go the route of "oh, it isn't the real Earth after all!" That would be cheesy. Remember the old action series Rocketman? You see him drive a car over a cliff and fall burning to his death. Then, in the next season premier, he somehow jumps out beforehand, even though he clearly did not from the last episode. Literary laziness.
chowda
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler:

Alright, screw all that noise I was talking about. The episode I'm watching is all kinds of awesome. It's the "architect moment" I was hoping for.

CrushFearSynth
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, they went the simple route. They knew you should never defy Occam's Razor. It's amazing how screwed up information gets through a 3,000 year old grapevine. I like the direction.
Glistam
I plead the Third
I plead the Third

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SERIES FINALE TONIGHT!!!!!

What I've been doing.
What I'm also doing.
What I wish I did more of.
What I've done.
CrushFearSynth
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DVRing it. I have prior obligations.
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glistam wrote:
SERIES FINALE TONIGHT!!!!!

I know, I can't friggin wait! I'm DVRing the MSU game so I can watch that after.
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. - Albert Einstein
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turns out there is going to be a 4 book comic miniseries to tie up loose ends after tonight: Link (Possible spoiler due to title of books)
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, tonight's episode is 2 hours and 11 minutes. Make sure you have your DVR set up right.
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The image just after Gaius talked to the girls... friggin awesome!

edit: Also, ads interrupting it are pissing me off to no end.
chowda
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler showing the genius which is Chowda:

To all those who doubted my theory:

Give it up for the sci fi masta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by chowda on Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Movies/TV/Music/Books All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: