The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Diablo III
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Games (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried it this morning and I was able to get about 20 minutes before it happened. So amazingly annoying to have to start the area all over again.
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
TeflonJon
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My brother got tired of me waiting for my paycheck to buy it so he just got me a copy as an early birthday present. Just finished off Normal this morning and started working on Nightmare. First playthrough was with a monk. Lots of fun AoE skills and some CC stuff. Nothing better than coming up to a gold elite and confusing him into killing his own minions. I was a little disappointed that I could blind Diablo. Made that fight a little easier. I do love being able to switch around skills at will. provides so much more flexibility.
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I was a little disappointed that I could blind Diablo.

Bosses are much more resistant / immune to CC effects in higher difficulties.
Eisen
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Started another game with Barbarian. This dude is OP as fuck in Norm. I killed Azmodan before Az even laid a hit on me to use Revenge. Being OP is actually kinda fun right now because I constantly feel like the Hulk. After every big fight I just wanna yell, "ADAKIN IS STRONGEST EVER!!!!!!!"
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stops being OP later, trust me. I just hit Inferno and realized how underpowered the class is right now. You're a "melee" but the only effect means of playing is lots and lots of kiting and stuns, if you try to survive in melee, you're going to get stomped instantly, pretty much.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds extremely unfun, which is counter to the purpose of games.
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seem to have fixed my connection dropping issue (port forwarding), but I get a lot of red latency issues now, which is odd as my latency never drops below green playing 9+ hours of SWTOR straight.
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Eisen
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried to read a review on GameFAQs to see why the game was given a 4/10 by the writer. I got about half way until I read, "People have been waiting 5+ years for this..." /facepalm Get the fuck out of here...
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the Starter Edition (Can't go further than the skeleton king, no higher than level 13), I've killed the SK with a DH, Barb and Monk. I'm pretty unimpressed with the game so far. Is it worth buying?
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd played with making a game "3D" a few times with moderate success here and there, and decided to give it a whirl again with Diablo. I've always felt that 3D movies are a bit over hyped, but the possibility of 3D gaming has some appeal.

At any rate, decent computer + http://www.tridef.com/ + 3D TV = fun time in Diablo.

I haven't seen any real issues yet, and in the desert the dust particles flying by all the time add a neat effect to it.

@Mongo - I'd say if you're unimpressed then no. That being said, you liked it enough to play through with 3 characters, so maybe?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mongolio wrote:
On the Starter Edition (Can't go further than the skeleton king, no higher than level 13), I've killed the SK with a DH, Barb and Monk. I'm pretty unimpressed with the game so far. Is it worth buying?

Different people have different tastes, so I can't really give you an answer on that. I absolutely love the game, Inferno is so ridiculously hard, but it's fun with friends. I dunno, there are a lot of great things about the game, in my opinion, whether those would be great for you I obviously can't say.

They cut a lot of stuff out of the beta though, like the cut scenes and whatnot.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Error 37.
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lotan wrote:
@Mongo - I'd say if you're unimpressed then no. That being said, you liked it enough to play through with 3 characters, so maybe?

It was more "I wanted to try another character to see if it would get better". It's not a terrible game, but I'm just a bit let down, I guess. The outside areas aren't randomly generated, it seems. Monster placement probably is. There only seems to be one side quest in the demo game, too. Kind of annoying.

That being said, I will probably pick it up on Friday or Saturday. Is there a digital purchase option available since I've already downloaded the Starter Edition (which was a 15 GB download)?
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki

Last edited by Mongolio on Tue May 22, 2012 3:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a very large amount of side quests, or "events," in the main game, I'm on my inferno playthrough now, so the 4th time through, and I am still discovering new stuff. Any time I replay an act I discover new stuff, whether it be lore, events, NPCs, achievements, whatever.

The outside areas are static, yeah, but the dungeons are random, and also the chance of their being an event in an outside area (or dungeon) is random, and which one it is, is also random.

Anyway, I'm not trying to convince you to buy the game, like I said, everyone has their own taste of course, but just that those specific qualms are not reflective of the full game.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've paid for worse games in the past, so I think I will go ahead and buy this on Friday or Saturday.
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Exzavier
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone get there character hacked yet?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/05/22/blizzard-responds-to-diablo-iii-security-issues/
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so a couple things:

1) I'm really sick of people using the term "hacked." You didn't get hacked, your account was compromised, because you, yourself, either didn't take security measures, or did something foolish like go to a sketchy site, click some bad links in shady emails, or what have you.

and 2) This isn't even newsworthy, I don't know why it's even being talked about like it's a big deal. People get their accounts compromised all the time. Blaming Blizzard for your own mistakes is just stupid. I've been playing online games for the better part of 15 years now I'd estimate, and I have never once in that entire period of time had my account compromised for anything. People need to learn to take responsibility for their own security.
TeflonJon
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Started Hell last night.
Eisen
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been goin through nightmare with two cousins. My wizard gets torn-the-fuck-up. He damn near gets one-shot constantly. If he has more than two mobs on him at once, diamond skin or not, he's fucked.
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're either under-levelled or doing something really wrong, nightmare shouldn't be like that at all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Games (General) All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: