The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Diablo III
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Games (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blizzcon started today, and 2 D3 announcements in the opening ceremony:

- The 5th and final class in Diablo III will be Demon Hunter.

- There will be pvp arenas, 1v1 and team matches supported.
Eisen
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://kotaku.com/5831680/diablo-iii-just-got-harder-than-hell-with-new-inferno-difficulty
Eisen
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://kotaku.com/5831680/diablo-iii-just-got-harder-than-hell-with-new-inferno-difficulty

New difficulty worse than Hell. Players' level cap is 60 and the mobs start off at 61. You get epic phat l00tz going through it.
Eisen
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing that's the sorcerer and that third costume looks familiar. >.>
Exzavier
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if you will be able to make any decent money off farming since they have an auction with real money.
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Announced today: If you subscribe to World of Warcraft for a year, you will get the full game of Diablo III FOR FREE
CrushFearSynth
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty neat.
Eisen
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nas1rJpm7wY

Diablo III opening cinematic. I just preed my pants.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't heard about this in ages. Has it been released yet?
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, they just delayed it yet again, in order to develop it for consoles.
Vawn
call me housecoat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew it was coming out for consoles now, but I thought that was going to be a much later date. Was I wrong and it is coming out to PC and consoles at the same time?

I never played the first two, but I'll probably get into this when its on PS3. I enjoyed Sacred 2 quite a bit, but did not like Dungeon Siege III - both of which I hear are suppose to be similar to Diablo.
Eisen
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Similar but nothing really captured whatever Diablo and Diablo II did. There is just something about DII that caused it to never be boring and I've gone through that game at least twenty times with all the characters. I played Titan Quest once and was bored as hell around the time I got to Egypt.
Banzai_Kitty
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a beta invite a few days ago, and here's a long list of general notes if anyone's interested since not only is there no NDA, but they encourage sharing.

Mechanics

*The Barbarian and Monk essentially function like D2’s Assassin, utilizing energy generating skills and energy spending skills. The Demon Hunter has the same system, but also a second energy that cannot be generated, but refills relatively slowly on its own.

*The Witch Doctor and Wizard both utilize a fast regenerating mana pool.

*There are no skill points to spend. Abilities unlock as you progress and scale accordingly, but you have a limited number of spots to equip them, with new slots unlocking at 1, 3, 6, 12, 18, and 24. You can change your selected abilities at will, with a 30s cool-down between selection and usage. These abilities can be customized via runes which alter the affect of the ability, but I haven’t come across any. At 10, 20, and 30, you unlock passive ability slots, with various abilities unlocking as you level.

*Various xp bonuses are available for things like killing X monsters in a single move, killing/destroying X monsters/barrels in rapid succession, environmental kills (collapsing walls or chandeliers). The rapid kill one seems to add up quickly, as my melee characters levelled faster than the rest.

*Disappointingly, there is no mouse-over description as to the damage the abilities do. Hopefully this changes by the time the retail version hits as I’d really like to know if an ability does 75% or 115% weapon damage when selecting it.

*Instead of medicating with an infinite number of potions (which are still present for emergencies), health is restored via red orbs dropped by monsters.

*Potions stack and your inventory is comparatively huge vs. D2, especially since no item takes up more than 2 slots.

*There are no more scrolls of Identify. The properites of Magic level items are known as they drop. Rare items drop unidentified, but can be revealed simply by right clicking on them.

*There are no more scrolls of Town Portal. It is gained relatively early on, and is a channeled ability that doesn't take up a slot. This means it can't be used for a quick escape if things get too hairy. Instead of leaving a portal where cast in the field, it instead teleports you to town.

*Way points are back, as well as a nice addition of a pillar at the end of most dungeons that allow you to teleport to the entrace after a few seconds of channeling.

*Stats are automatically assigned as you level, instead of allowing you to distribute them.

*Stat requirements have been removed from gear, and is instead only limited by level, class specific, or convention (ex. Wizards are weak and can’t use two-handed weapons, etc.)

*I’m not sure why it’d be lowered for the beta, but as it stands, the starting difficulty is more akin to “Baby’s First Dungeon Crawler”. I never had to use a potion during any of my playthroughs, and only came close to death once.

*The beta is limited to level 13, and it takes about 2-3hrs to play through to its conclusion (defeat the skeleton king), where you’ll reach about level 10.

*Aside from the usual pitfalls of an always-on connection being required, there's the down side that even in single player you can get lagged. Hopefully it isn't the case with D3, but there was a maintenance period where you couldn't play, which reminded me of WoW's "you're never allowed to play on Tuesday!".

Multiplayer

*Placed around the town way point are flags belonging to each player. When you click upon one, you are teleported to that player's location.

*Treasure drops are instanced! Objects and enemies can be mutually interacted with, but all gold and loot drops only for you, with each player presumably getting their own copy based on personal magic find, etc.

*If one player goes into a boss area, everyone receives a join - yes/no? notification with a two minute time limit.

*There's apparently some kind of mechanic where you can revive an ally, but I haven't seen it since the game is stupid easy at the moment.

*Your follower leaves you when someone else joins.

Stash

*The stash starts out having a small capacity, but it can be expanded using gold, including purchasing an entire new tab.

*You cannot deposit gold in it.

*It is shared between your characters, which is both a blessing (swap and share gear, upgrades, etc.) and a curse (it certainly filled up fast in D2).

Blacksmith

*Early on you get access to the blacksmith, which allows you to craft new magic items. To do so, you’re required to obtain crafting items by destroying other magic items you don’t want. The methodology seems to be that like becomes like with a chance to also get a crafting item from the next tier.

*The crafted items generally follow the formula of granting +X to Y to a stat and +2-3 random magical attributes, making these items (at least in the beta) quite powerful and desirable.

*To obtain new recipes, which have level requirements, you “train” the blacksmith by contributing an ever increasing amount of gold.

Environments

*Monsters are not solely on the field, but also crawl up from pits, erupt from graves, etc.

*At least in the beta, there appears to be no field randomization, and little to the dungeons. There are however, occurrences inserted in at random, such as encountering necromantic rites or items that spawn enemies like the Act I bird’s nests in D2.

Quests/Events

*Quests grant xp and gold rewards. There are also randomly selected events i.e. in one part if you explore the incorrect tomb, one of two mini-quests will be available.

*Your first kill of a new monster type will grant an xp bonus and trigger a journal entry from Deckard Cain or the character from the website, most with audio. Various tomes and journals also provide xp.

Followers

*Only the templar was available and was obtained via a requisite quest. You’re presented with a binary ability choice at his level 5, 10, 15, 20, which generally have him in a paladin role of tanking or healing.

Classes

I won't get into the individual abilities, since this is already long enough, and whether one is awesome/awful is largely subjective.

Wizard

*You have a selection of Signature spells, which cost no mana to cast, as well as a wand. Spells with a casting cost cannot really be spammed due to the limited mana pool, but you can get 3-4 casts, then use a signature for a couple of shots as your mana regenerates, rinse and repeat.

Demon Hunter

*You’re able to use a single bow or crossbow coupled with a buff granting quiver in the off-hand, or dual wield hand crossbows.

Monk

*The monk can utilize either dual cesti or a bo staff. In addition to the standard build/spend abilities; you can have a single active aura which grants various effects. This is the only class that can heal itself and others.

Witch Doctor

*I found the Witch Doctor to be the only difficult class at this stage as it seems to really require you to have multiple damage sources operating simultaneously, which is of course limited by the number of available slots. Most abilities seemed weak or were DoTs, while the more powerful abilities had huge mana costs associated with them. The Witch Doctor seems to heavily focus on crowd control and whittling enemies down, making it comparatively slow to play.

Barbarian

*The Barbarian is a real power house, with most of its abilities sending the enemy flying across the screen when they die. With a lot of the generating abilities on long cool-down, you’ll likely ignore them until you get a fair number of slots available.
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a beta invite as well, but haven't even bothered to play. Just disinterested at this point I guess.
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally decided to install the beta and check it out. Definitely some fun, just messed around with wizard so far. Looking forward to the release soon, need my online gaming fix.
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
*Disappointingly, there is no mouse-over description as to the damage the abilities do. Hopefully this changes by the time the retail version hits as I’d really like to know if an ability does 75% or 115% weapon damage when selecting it.

So I figured out today that by checking a box in the options, under Gameplay called "Show advanced tooltips," you get this functionality. It was really bothering me a lot, as well.
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 more hours!
TeflonJon
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to have to hold off on this one for now. I've been having complications with my unemployment application and so as much as I want to grab it, I can't really justify it right now.
Eisen
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's... so..... EPIC!!!!! Act I ending CS was too damn disgustingly sick.
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eisen wrote:
It's... so..... EPIC!!!!!

This, about pretty much everything. I'm extremely critical, especially with Blizzard these days, and I have to say, I am unbelievably impressed with this game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Games (General) All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: