The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MYTH
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Games (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:21 am    Post subject: MYTH Reply with quote

I saw this game awhile back on Kickstarter and it had been pawing at my mind for a the duration. I finally decided to back this thing and can't wait (though I shall) for it's delivery in January.

MYTH is a boardgame that mixes HeroQuest (or D&D Encounters) type visualization with a Sentinels of the Multiverse hero deck that allows for actions in a given round. The game comes with TONS of miniatures (especially if you back it) and looks pretty nasty. The game appears to have a build in difficulty slider (the more badass the heroes act, the more nasty the Darkness potentially responds).

Here's a better description (though there are currently up to 7 heroes):

Quote:
MYTH is a fully co-operative fantasy game. Players take on the role of one of 5 different heroes working together to defeat the Darkness. Each hero has a different skill set which represented by a unique deck of cards. Players spend Action Points by using cards. Once a certain amount of Action Points have been spent the Darkness fights back by activating monster lairs, spawning monster captains and eventually the Boss.

A complete game in Myth is called a Story. Each Story is played over three Acts. Acts can be played sequentially, or can be split up over three different game sessions.

Players' avatars within a Story are called Heroes. Myth Heroes are clothed in immense power, able to reave all but the mightiest foes. However, this power must be balanced lest the Darkness take too much notice. Players must weigh their actions against the Threat each will bring, with the consequences of awakening more evil and bringing doom on the party's endeavors. And be careful they must, as the Darkness is formidable and eager to snatch glory from the valiant.

Heroes are controlled through an intuitive Hero Deck (videos for each Hero can be found in the Game Play Videos section below). Each deck plays uniquely and allows players more freedom of action and the ability to truly impact the Story each and every Act. Yet, cooperation is the key to victory and bloody fortune. Players must communicate, interact, and assist each other or surely the Darkness will cover all.

Myth is a fully cooperative game. There is no player controlling the Darkness. The Darkness is governed by a set of rules unique to each Boss Deck. Yet, the Darkness is activated through Hero actions. If the Heroes get overzealous, then the Darkness pushes back by activating Lairs, spawning Captains, and punishing the Heroes with devious Events. If the Heroes take a more subtle approach, then the Darkness reacts by reducing the potential for treasure and rewards. Without the treasures and equipment to upgrade, the Heroes will find each Act more difficult and eventually fail. The dynamic nature of the Darkness really lends a more fluid feel to the Story. Players aren't being driven by properties out of their control, nor are they being shepherded by a person whose skill has a direct impact on the enjoyment of the game.

Myth is a fun fantasy romp where players feel truly heroic. In the playing of the game, the players are creating their own mythos. These stories are the ones carried away from the table, becoming myths themselves. And these are the myths, with friends and family, that we carry with us; telling and retelling our endeavors at the mead benches, earning treasured smiles and laughter.

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
TeflonJon
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds really cool. I'm definitely going to have to look into it.
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's only got about 40 hours left, so if you're interested in backing it, time is running out quickly!

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
TeflonJon
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I backed it and mentioned it to all my friends back in Charlotte that played Sentinels with me. The stretch goals are pretty nice. I wouldn't mind seeing another 300 or so backers so the 3000+ backer stretch goal gets met, but I don't want to seem greedy.
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screw that! I AM greedy! BACK THIS UP! Even for $1!!

Seriously should have no problem hitting the 500K goal.

Quote:

TeflonJon
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not so sure how much I care for the metal tokens, although I'm sure they would be cool. I really want that minotaur mini boss and the puppy dog mini boss though.
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe all the current stretch goals are basically met ($475k at 33 hrs left), so unless they put up new ones... that aren't optional buy-ins (already doing the Skald, Spriggan, Treasure, Quest, Lair and Elemental Boss expansions).

Quote:

TeflonJon
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They added a 550k and 600k goal.
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

550K I hope goes, but couldn't really care less for the tiles. I can always play on my battlemat... assuming they are the same size. Hmmm.

Quote:

TeflonJon
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woot for 3k backers. I could see it hitting 550, doubt it would hit 600 before it ends at this rate though.
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the reason for the drop in pledge rise is either due to people not wanting to spend more than they already have or they are just asleep.

I was tempted to tell my FLGS owner about it, see if he'd pick up a few for his shop... then I figured he would ask me if I'd buy from him and I didn't have the heart to tell him no.

Quote:

TeflonJon
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So this is actually the first thing that I've backed on KS, so is it normal to have the tab open constantly checking to see if it's hit that next stretch goal or am I just being weird?
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course it's normal...

It's when you start calculating the hourly pledge increases seeing if it's possible to hit the 800K mark that you start getting weird... 11k/hour.

Quote:

Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/1700755582/myth-0/

Doesn't help much with it being the last day, but it's interesting anyhow.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They just put out another optional add-on... damn them!

Quote:

TeflonJon
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I wasn't even expecting it to hit 600k and it's over 750k now. Whether or not it hits that last 800k stretch goal is questionable.
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

15K left with 5 hours to go (last I checked)... should be in the bag.

Quote:

TeflonJon
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was really surprised that the last minute 900k goal was met. Which is awesome, because me wants that fire drake.
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple more weeks I hope, then it will be lots of Myth playing!

Quote:

TeflonJon
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I can't wait to bust this out. And then I get the joy of painting all the minis too. Although seeing how my 40K army is still largely unassembled and unpainted, it might be awhile before they're done up nice and purty.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Games (General) All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: