The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Expansion NDA lifted

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> WoW - World of Warcraft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haven
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:46 am    Post subject: Expansion NDA lifted Reply with quote

You all likely know about this already, but:

Clicky-clicky
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm extremely excited about wotlk, the info I've seen so far is amazing. Tankadins are going to be godly by the looks of it, so I'm levelling one up to replace my druid; as much as I love him, I'm ready for a change.

Honestly though the new talents make me wanna play every class, everyone's getting really cool stuff.
midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tankadins got major major buffs. Some of the Rogue stuff looks interesting, but they still won't be able to stay alive long enough to do anything with them. Fury Warrior looks amazing. Also, Beast Mastery better fucking mean Dragon pets or gtfo. Warlock looks more broken than ever though.
"People really donít like to hear success explained away as luck ó especially successful people. As they age, and succeed, people feel their success was somehow inevitable. They donít want to acknowledge the role played by accident in their lives. There is a reason for this: the world does not want to acknowledge it either." -- Michael Lewis
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

midget wrote:
Also, Beast Mastery better fucking mean Dragon pets or gtfo.

Agreed.
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... spore bats just became awesome:

Spore Cloud - Dusts nearby enemies with spores causing 20 Nature damage every 3 sec sec for 9 sec and reducing armor by 700.
(50 Focus, 10 sec Cooldown.)

Sure, the damage from the effect blows, but that 700 armor reduction is nasty!

I'm so not picking up this game... it's become way too ridiculous. I'm sorry.

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Release data announced
"People really donít like to hear success explained away as luck ó especially successful people. As they age, and succeed, people feel their success was somehow inevitable. They donít want to acknowledge the role played by accident in their lives. There is a reason for this: the world does not want to acknowledge it either." -- Michael Lewis
midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very awesome.
midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't done much in the Beta yet, but so far it's pretty awesome. One unfortunate thing I can tell already, though, is that Hunters will be everywhere.
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As if they weren't enough already. On the bright side you have Death Knight to take some of the flavour of the month type people off your hands.
midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, theres a million Deathknights too. I know Hunter has always been over played, but it will be worse now. The Exotic Pets are awesome and honestly, the new talents and pet talents are brutal.

I think there will still be plenty of locks and rogues, but I bet Fury Warrior will be right up there too.

Death Knights have some pretty cool stuff, but for the most people say they are gimp. Probably just ignorance, but maybe that will keep most people from playing one.

The new 80 pvp set for Shaman looks pretty stupid and eleshammy got a pretty good nerf, which bums me out.

Dalaran is pretty cool, but a bit smaller than I would've thought. Seems like the new continent is very similar in size to Outlands. You need Cold Weather Flying skill to be able to fly outside of the cities and there are a few new mounts, including a new War Bear and a Mammoth mount. the Mechanohog is only 100% move speed, but it does, in fact, let an extra person ride in the side car.
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I have read about Death Knights so far, there is a very big skill curve, larger than most classes. The average player is doomed to suck at it, as there is a lot of micromanagement involved, and a lot of fast thinking, so it has me intrigued. I'm strongly thinking of rerolling one in the xpac and main-tanking with it.
midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deathknight is crazy good and amazingly fun. Deathknight easily has the most abilities in the game and you have to use them ALL. I've run Ramps and BF with 5 DKs about 9-10 times now and it's a lot of fun. I don't play very much really, half an hour here and there, but so far DK has been about the most fun I've had on WoW in a really long time. I know you will love DK, Akuma.
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I read about it the more excited I get, I really can't wait for this expansion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> WoW - World of Warcraft All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: