The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Star Wars gaming
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Online Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haven
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 2:32 am    Post subject: Star Wars gaming Reply with quote

Damn Sony Online Entertainment, damn them straight to fucking hell.

I've been having a hard time getting into video games lately. Any of them. I'll play Guild Wars for a little, then jump to CoH, then WoW, then turn on the X-Box for a bit.... nothing is holding my attention.

After seeing the movie last night, I figured out why: I want to play Star Wars. Not Star Wars Galaxies.

They screwed that game up SO badly, and continue to do so, that even through a serious post-movie Star Wars buzz, I want nothing to do with it. But I still want to play Star Wars with my firends...

So, what to do?
Glistam
I plead the Third
I plead the Third

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pick this up, and play by post or something.

What I've been doing.
What I'm also doing.
What I wish I did more of.
What I've done.
Izane Bricks
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was 12, someone tried to get me to play an RGP that had something to do with the Outer Rim, and it had nobles and such who used lightsabers. I guess it was some kind of effort to put the politics of Dune into a Star Wars setting.
Madhatte
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWG is even more messed-up than you remember it.  I am thiniking of turning in my flamethrower finally because every time I log in all I have is no fun at all.  It's not just nerfed character classes any more--the whole mechanics of the game have been radically changed.  Do you think they'd throw us a bone?  They did!  All the icons on your bar are new and improved!  I am sad now.

We are going to have to stick a pin in a map, set fire to something and carry on until the earth looks flat! -- RandyMac

I could teach you to how file a washer to make it worth a nickel but if you really want to make big bucks just take a penny and drill a hole in it and it becomes a washer and is worth a dime. -- Art Martin, Old-Time Logger
Exzavier
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what about KOTOR 2?
Madhatte
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Single-player.

We are going to have to stick a pin in a map, set fire to something and carry on until the earth looks flat! -- RandyMac

I could teach you to how file a washer to make it worth a nickel but if you really want to make big bucks just take a penny and drill a hole in it and it becomes a washer and is worth a dime. -- Art Martin, Old-Time Logger
midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am just curious if SWG came with Vaseline or if they did the double indignity of a dry dock when they raped everyone who played that pile of shit.
Madhatte
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, in preparation I brought my own KY.  However, to my surprise, when I opened the box, there was indeed a small sample-sized tube of something that I can only assume to be petroleum-based.  The less said about it the better.

Izane Bricks
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indeed.
midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone still playing SWG or thought about trying it again?  I am just curious because a few of my rl friends, including my roomate are picking it back up because they have changed so many things and they want to see if its tolarable now.
"People really donít like to hear success explained away as luck ó especially successful people. As they age, and succeed, people feel their success was somehow inevitable. They donít want to acknowledge the role played by accident in their lives. There is a reason for this: the world does not want to acknowledge it either." -- Michael Lewis
Haven
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a nice long talk with a couple of guys at work that still play... it hasn't improved yet. It continues to spiral into suckiness.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven wrote:
I had a nice long talk with a couple of guys at work that still play... it hasn't improved yet. It continues to spiral into suckiness.

Nay, it has become one with suckiness.
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Madhatte
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm about three keystrokes away from quitting.  Only thing preventing me is that I still like talking to the people I play with, most of whom do not post here.  GRRR...

midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hatte we would always welcome you over at the ffxi family!!
"People really donít like to hear success explained away as luck ó especially successful people. As they age, and succeed, people feel their success was somehow inevitable. They donít want to acknowledge the role played by accident in their lives. There is a reason for this: the world does not want to acknowledge it either." -- Michael Lewis
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, do you all have Force Sensitive characters?
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Madhatte
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So, do you all have Force Sensitive characters?

Yeah, pretty much, for what it's worth.  Which isn't much.

Quote:
Hatte we would always welcome you over at the ffxi family!!

Been thinking about it for awhile.  It's a possibility.

Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be a taru.  They have big heads.

Ana
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Madhatte
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pfffftt.

Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell, I've actually considered it lately.  I've been playing GW more lately, though.
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Haven
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never did manage to enjoy ffxi. I'd suggest WoW, but it's a very slim crowd nowadays.

City of Villains and DDO are the Next Big Things(tm) amongst the non-FF crowd.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Online Games All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: