The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Realm Question
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> WoW - World of Warcraft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tyk
Migrant
Migrant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Realm Question Reply with quote

Good morning everyone!

Long time no see. Tyk is alive and well, lvl 70 rogue on Draenor server, still gnoming it along. I was looking at the Server Information thread but was inconclusive where the majority of active players are at. I have a few friends who have 60's who are interested in rolling with me if I can locate the server everyone is on. If the majority are Horde, which I am cool with, then I'll have to start off at lvl 1 but I wouldn't mind the change.

Long rant condensed: what server has the most active BEB players and what faction are you? What classes are need most if we have to reroll?

Hope everyone is well, and look forward to being back in touch with everyone.

Oh, to update my roster:
Draenor, Alliance:
Tyk, 70 gnome rogue (the MH weap is better than any blue if case anyone is wondering)
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Draenor&n=Tyk

Smaz, 58 dranei shaman
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Draenor&n=Smaz
Mishlai
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that would be Moonguard, Alliance, so you can just transfer. It's an RP realm.

I also have a 70 lock on Demon Soul, Horde, but I hardly ever see anyone from BEB over there these days, and I left the BEB guild on Demon Soul so that I could raid.

Fucking act like it.

"The stars died so that you could be here today" - Lawrence Krauss

"The universe is huge and old, and rare things happen all the time." - Lawrence Krauss
Tyk
Migrant
Migrant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering with the time between response if anyone still played WoW. What is the consensus on Vanguard or LotRO?
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My consensus on both Vanguard and LotRO is this: play WoW or wait until WAR. I'm not sure how AoC is, but I'm sure it's better than those others.

Seriously, I hear Vanguard is pretty good, but it's pretty hardcore. There is no soloing in the game past entry level. If you liked original EQ, you'd love Vanguard.

LotRO... I didnt' care for it at all. Didn't give it a good shot, but couldn't get into it at all.

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play, but not with any other BEB guys. A bunch of friends and I just rerolled on Doomhammer actually, so anyone looking to jump in wouldn't be far behind. It's a PvE realm, we look to do some casual heroics / raiding with these toons once they're up there, and then level together come wotlk. Toon name is Alastaire if anyone wants to look me up.

EDIT: Should have mentioned I'm horde.

Last edited by Akuma on Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
TeflonJon
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My brother and I are both on Draenor, but Horde side. I'm a very casual player, but him and his girlfriend are both major players in our guild which I believe is one of the largest Horde guilds on the server.
Kellion
Brigadier Recruit
Brigadier Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, a bunch of us just merged with a larger guild on Moonguard. We have some people we've been playing with for around 2 years now. I say the more the merrier.

Mojobacca, Haven, Fyredancer, Mishlai, Chaosalex, and his wife are all playing there. We just raided SSC and only had to PuG 1 person. Not bad if you ask me.

So I say to everyone, why not join us here. We're alliance by the way.
Just message Narik, Kiona, Kastana, Snowe, Tendyn, or Jyett and let them know you're from BEB and your screen name here.
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd strongly consider joining you guys if you weren't alliance. Sad
Kellion
Brigadier Recruit
Brigadier Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's really not that bad. Horde or Alliance isn't really a big deal IMO. The thing is, if you have fun playing it then play it. I personally think that it's more fun to hang with people you know. But that's just me.
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah it's not that I dislike alliance it's just that all my friends and I are horde, so I could never switch over. We were looking for a new server to go to recently when we quit raiding.
Tyk
Migrant
Migrant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was placed in a similar position. I prefer Horde but a few of some RL friends have a preference for Alliance. I was told in no uncertain terms that if I roll a Hordie that they would form a hunting party.
Kellion
Brigadier Recruit
Brigadier Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the cool thing about this server is that it's RP, you can make both Horde and Alliance. Best of both worlds.

So if you guys wanna come over, make an Alliance to play with us, and a Hordie to play with them.

As always it's really no big deal if you join us or not, I'd just like to see a bunch of us together. That'd be one hell of a guild.
Tyk
Migrant
Migrant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I plan on rolling an Alliance character on Moon Guard, probably a pali. No worries, I'll be in touch. Wink
Resheph
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I just came back to the game, and rolled on Moonguard as well, since I follow the rest of the BEB guys around as I have for over 2 years now. The REAL Bairen is back in action, so pucker up bitches! Laughing Tyk, Akuma, you should definitely roll with us! I've been wanting to roll horde for a LONG time, but I keep coming back to the BEB guys, even though they stick alliance, because we have a GREAT group of us (us plus the awesome guys we've played with the past couple years) that make up for the fact that we're alliance.

midget wrote:
vagina = chaos
CrushFearSynth wrote:
She thinks I'm weird compared to you? Dude, I thought you should audition for American Serial Killer when I met you.
midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are alliance on Moonguard?

My crew would be interested in transfering to a BeB server if any of you actively play Horde on any server.
"People really donít like to hear success explained away as luck ó especially successful people. As they age, and succeed, people feel their success was somehow inevitable. They donít want to acknowledge the role played by accident in their lives. There is a reason for this: the world does not want to acknowledge it either." -- Michael Lewis
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play horde with a group of people that's been together for the past year and a half or so, and while most of us have rerolled recently some kept their current lv70s, so to switch over to alliance would be too much. We've got a good group on Doomhammer right now, though I'll consider making an ally alt at some point.
Exzavier
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happened to Maelstrom Server?

I know some of you were on there.

How much does it cost to transfer a character?

I am thinking of play again for the expansion after seeing the Warhammer comments.
Going to reinstall today.

My main character is lvl 63 on Gilneas (Horde).
But have a character on Mannoroth and Maelstrom.
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A server xfer is $25 per toon.
Tyk
Migrant
Migrant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took a look at the wowjutsu breakdown of the guild on Moon Guard and rolled a priest named Imed.

I figure I'll be a casual player for right now.
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't base your opinion of Warhammer on just one person. Especially considering how ridiculous WoW is going to be after Wrath.

Sure, they fixed (if it goes through) the Paladin and Hunter pets. The Shaman changes are nifty as well.

But let's look at the two already "overpowered" classes:

- Warriors will be able to dual-wield 2-handed weapons... WTF?! The stats on a 2-H are over twice those of a 1-H of the same level. That and benefiting from 2x enchants for 2-H weapons, that's some mega-power! Oh, but they are affected by negative haste... blech.

- Warlocks get fantastically more powerful with the addition of a 2-spell prepared Blink, a talent that allows Corruption to be permanent unless dispelled, Fears to be insta-cast if the first one was resisted.... OP, OP, OP.

I haven't even looked through them all because those two classes changes alone were enough to make me not care anymore about WoW... which is a shame because they look like the finally made paladin a better fit with the current classes.

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> WoW - World of Warcraft All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: