The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sea Gorgets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> FFXI - Final Fantasy Online
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vawn
call me housecoat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:31 am    Post subject: Sea Gorgets Reply with quote

I assume most the drops for these cannot be soloed? It not, how many people would I need to farm these items and is anyone interested.
midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All but Sharks can be soloed eh?
"People really donít like to hear success explained away as luck ó especially successful people. As they age, and succeed, people feel their success was somehow inevitable. They donít want to acknowledge the role played by accident in their lives. There is a reason for this: the world does not want to acknowledge it either." -- Michael Lewis
Vawn
call me housecoat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What level are the sharks / how many people do you need for those? UFOs are not included with the mobs for drops?
midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, I meant UFO's. I think blm can solo Sharks, but if not I know they can duo them. As far as I know UFO's take a pt or more, though I'm sure Yob and Ana have some of their crazy duo craziness worked up for them.
"People really donít like to hear success explained away as luck ó especially successful people. As they age, and succeed, people feel their success was somehow inevitable. They donít want to acknowledge the role played by accident in their lives. There is a reason for this: the world does not want to acknowledge it either." -- Michael Lewis
Ryken
ludicrous cynic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be willing to help out if you do it when I'm around, which lately has been few and far between. Just shout me out if you go when I'm on, if I'm not tied up I wouldn't mind some too.
tsakiki
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need organs as well, if not for the soil gorget I'd like to have one day, at least to keep my justice sword supplied with virtue stones. My big problem is time, especially since I'm only logging in for scheduled stuff lately.

I've soloed sharks, goldfish, xzomits, aerns, and ghrahs on pld with varying amounts of success, but there are more effective jobs for soloing them.
Vawn
call me housecoat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So do you think we can handle those with one full party kiki?
Splinte
Brigadier Recruit
Brigadier Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A skilled BLM can solo a Yovra pretty easily... a scholar even easier. I have seen videos and pictures of a scholar doing it in 20 or 25 minutes because of their massive DoT helices.
Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For UFO's -

I tried on SCH, and it sorta came to a stale mate. I could get one down to about 80% easily, but I'd always miss a beat or a spell, and it would regen. If I had gaiters I think it'd be possible. A Novio would definitely help too.

BLM can do it, but you'd probably have to be a taru, and I believe you have to use manafont. Again you'd also have to be very well equiped.

To do it reasonably well, I'd think 2 BLM(Or SCH) and a RDM would be your best bet. Erock and I tried to duo one, and it didn't work out, but I think we could do it now if we tried again.

The drop rate on those weaker ones has never been great.

Everything else:
For everything aside from the weaker aerns, BLM or SCH would be the best to solo them(In my opinion). For the weaker aerns, melee jobs might be better/quicker.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
E-RoCk
Freeman
Freeman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably from Vawn's prospective dual boxing most everything with a mnk/nin and a whm would be pretty quick. You might even be able to take UFOs that way. I know myself + mnk/nin can anyhow. The tougher ones can be done with about 2-3 BLM's and a RDM or you could go with mnk/nin and a couple of support jobs. Watch out though the drop rates on most of the things out there is kinda sucky.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/20060211/sc_space/mindcontrolbyparasites
Vawn
call me housecoat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless you are wanting to let me borrow your character I have no method of duo boxing in Sea.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> FFXI - Final Fantasy Online All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: