The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fringe
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Movies/TV/Music/Books
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Izane Bricks
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:54 pm    Post subject: Fringe Reply with quote

Just finished watching the pilot for Fringe on Fox and color me impressed. It's like Lost was crossed with X files, and a little Snow Crash thrown in for good measure. I highly recommend checking it out.
CrushFearSynth
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snow Crash?
Izane Bricks
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snow Crash

It's the book I'm reading at the moment, but I guess it would be a stretch to compare it to Fringe. There is a lot in the book that seems to take from everything else, until you see the book was written in 1992.
Haven
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved Snow Crash.
Glistam
I plead the Third
I plead the Third

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked the show. It has some good promise, but the fact that a Lost writer is behind it makes me worried. Will we actually get answers in this show? Will it somehow try to tie in to Lost?
carney
Migrant
Migrant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also quite enjoyed the pilot...even with what's-his-face from Dawson's Creek.

Never got into Lost, but I LOVED Alias, and thanks to the magic of the DVR and/or ted, I'll be able to keep up like I couldn't with Lost.

Helps that the main chick is hawt as well.</knuckledragging>
chowda
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched the pilot last night. I'm not sure if it's because they were also plugging a movie, but I liked how they alternated long and short commercial breaks. I can sit through 90 seconds, not a second more.

As for the show, it's shot in the same manner as other recent Fox action shows (24, prison break, et al), but this one is different. Not one shaking camera! It's sort of like what the Andromeda Strain should have been. They got my attention, now I hope they don't blow it.

"Don't like the anime so much....but this just looks....well....."holy shit awesome." Crush exhibiting his superb observational skills referring to this movie
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the pilot and thought it was pretty cool too. I'm definitely anxious to see what was up with the "baby" that made everyone freak out in the hospital room.
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. - Albert Einstein
"Raccoons oscillate at 50Hz in Europe." - FAWBOTS
"I'm not sure I'm up for orgy scrabble parties" - Female Friend
CrushFearSynth
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I can sit through 90 seconds, not a second more.

I have so many anecdotes and jokes I could flay you with right now, but that would require me to be more of a dick than I usually am. And it's been a long day.
Exzavier
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In J.J. Abrams terms, the Fringe debut was a flop. Only 9.1 million people watched it, according to Nielsen, a number Fox was hoping would have a "1" in front of it. That breaks down to just above one dollar per set of eyes, if the alleged $10 million price tag for the pilot is to be believed.
Joshua Jackson is wondering why
more people didn't watch his show.

The heavily hyped program was one of the season's most eagerly anticipated, or so we thought. By comparison, Lost, another J.J. product, debuted in 2004 to a whopping 18.6 million viewers. In fact, no first-run episode--season premiere or otherwise--of Lost has drawn less than 10 million (as The Washington Post points out), and that includes the numbers from season three, when the show was thought to have lost its way.

It's probably unfair to compare Fringe to Lost or assume that everything J.J. Abrams puts his name on is ratings dynamite, but something is amiss. People seem to like Fringe, and it currently holds an 8.0 rating on TV.com. Was it the less-than-stellar reviews? Was it the fact that it leaked online months ago? Is it those darned digital video recorders all you whippersnappers are using nowadays? It's probably a combination of all three, but I'd love to hear your theories (and if you didn't watch the premiere episode, watch it now on TV.com for free!).
Izane Bricks
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ex, who's the wizard behind the curtain?
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exzavier wrote:
In J.J. Abrams terms, the Fringe debut was a flop. Only 9.1 million people watched it, according to Nielsen, a number Fox was hoping would have a "1" in front of it. That breaks down to just above one dollar per set of eyes, if the alleged $10 million price tag for the pilot is to be believed.
Joshua Jackson is wondering why
more people didn't watch his show.

The heavily hyped program was one of the season's most eagerly anticipated, or so we thought. By comparison, Lost, another J.J. product, debuted in 2004 to a whopping 18.6 million viewers. In fact, no first-run episode--season premiere or otherwise--of Lost has drawn less than 10 million (as The Washington Post points out), and that includes the numbers from season three, when the show was thought to have lost its way.

It's probably unfair to compare Fringe to Lost or assume that everything J.J. Abrams puts his name on is ratings dynamite, but something is amiss. People seem to like Fringe, and it currently holds an 8.0 rating on TV.com. Was it the less-than-stellar reviews? Was it the fact that it leaked online months ago? Is it those darned digital video recorders all you whippersnappers are using nowadays? It's probably a combination of all three, but I'd love to hear your theories (and if you didn't watch the premiere episode, watch it now on TV.com for free!).

Ex, I have to say that in 1936 posts, this is by far your most eloquent. Have you secretly been trying to improve your ability to wield the english language and finally revealed your new powers to the world? Or did you just copy this from somewhere?
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. - Albert Einstein
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charcoal_tIMC wrote:
Ex, who's the wizard behind the curtain?

I guess this is an option to. Ex, have you secretly been replaced with "robot Ex"?

edit: Turns out Ex just copied it from somewhere. Link
You should probably make note of it when you do that, Ex.
Exzavier
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok next time
sorry I thought people could tell it was a new story
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To answer the question poised by the article, I just don't think they did that great of a job of advertising it. I hadn't heard about it even once until I saw it posted about on here.
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Everyone put on your glasses. Don't look directly into the light"... just kidding.
midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the damn thing everywhere and almost didn't watch it because of it. Watched after House and I really liked it. Tuesdays are going to kick major ass this season. House is the fucking king, but this will definitely round out the night right.
"People really donít like to hear success explained away as luck ó especially successful people. As they age, and succeed, people feel their success was somehow inevitable. They donít want to acknowledge the role played by accident in their lives. There is a reason for this: the world does not want to acknowledge it either." -- Michael Lewis
chowda
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is shaping up to be like the X-Files with the "unexplained" being attributed to that mysterious airborne substance.

"Don't like the anime so much....but this just looks....well....."holy shit awesome." Crush exhibiting his superb observational skills referring to this movie
Izane Bricks
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mad scientists is my favorite character of the season.
khimaira
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was 01100110011101010110001101101011011010010110111001100111 awesome! I have barely been watching T.V. for the past 5 years, but somebody got me to watch this, and now I want more.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Movies/TV/Music/Books All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: