The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Star Wars: The Old Republic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Star Wars: The Old Republic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrushFearSynth
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're missing out on a great game, then, ending aside. Despite the ending, it was still loads better than the first, and if you liked the first, you're doing yourself a disservice not playing the second.
Loupy Lobo
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^What he said.
Tzalik
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope to never again play a MMO that isn't first and foremost balanced for Player VS Player.

If they make a balanced PVP game then I'd love to give it a try.

Mutants & Masterminds PDF here
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Avatar... Freak...
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What wrong with a sexy Christmas Tink?

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
chowda
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrushFearSynth wrote:
You're missing out on a great game, then, ending aside. Despite the ending, it was still loads better than the first, and if you liked the first, you're doing yourself a disservice not playing the second.

Man, that's killing me. Is it compatible with the 360 like the first one is?

"Don't like the anime so much....but this just looks....well....."holy shit awesome." Crush exhibiting his superb observational skills referring to this movie
CrushFearSynth
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course. Apparently it's severely buggy on the 360, though. A lot of backwards compatible games are. But I keep my old Xbox around so I don't have to worry about it.
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was a better play on PC in my opinion, the Xbox had horrendous load times for everything, and since you basically have to save when you tie your shoe in that game, it was a pain.
Tzalik
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mongolio wrote:
Nice Avatar... Freak...

Why thank you.. and Mojo was right, its a sexy cartoon pr0n Tink for Christmas!

Mutants & Masterminds PDF here
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On news stands Nov. 11th:

The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. - Albert Einstein
"Raccoons oscillate at 50Hz in Europe." - FAWBOTS
"I'm not sure I'm up for orgy scrabble parties" - Female Friend
CrushFearSynth
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy Crap! Destro's a Sith!
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great interview: Link

Quote:
One thing that we don't want to have happen in our game is the situation where you get a bunch of players together to beat up one guy. That's just not very heroic and it's something that we don't want to have happen in our game. We're looking for much more heroic battles where you're the group that's outnumbered. If you think about the movies, the heroes are the ones that are heroic because they're fighting against the odds.

Quote:
Every class in our game is heroic. If you look at the universe, heroic characters are able to really give the Jedi a challenge every time. Jango Fett and Boba Fett are two great example. Jango Fett is able to take out a Jedi in the Attack of the Clones movie - he may get killed by the highest level Jedi in Mace Windu - and Boba Fett essentially incapicitates Luke Skywalker in Return of the Jedi who is then rescued by Han Solo.

There are definitely different people that can take out the Jedi. And also the clone troopers in Episode III. The may have had the upper hand, but imagine if there was an Elite Clone Trooper! If you're the best of the best, you can probably kill a Jedi.

The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. - Albert Einstein
Loupy Lobo
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
There are definitely different people that can take out the Jedi. And also the clone troopers in Episode III. The may have had the upper hand, but imagine if there was an Elite Clone Trooper! If you're the best of the best, you can probably kill a Jedi.

Atton Rand from KOTOR2 used to hunt jedi. He had learned to play pazaak in his head to keep jedi from being able to read his mind.
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loupy Lobo wrote:
Quote:

Atton Rand from KOTOR2 used to hunt jedi. He had learned to play pazaak in his head to keep jedi from being able to read his mind.

There is also some creature that can be used to deny the Jedi access to the force, I forget what it is called though.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ysalamir (Ysalamiri in the plural).

Here is the link on Wookieepedia.
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another great article: Link

Quote:
3) You don't pick good or evil right off the bat

I was so happy to hear this - they were having a hard time explaining it. But somewhere between Erickson and Designers Jake Neri, Gordon Walton, Rich Vogel and James Ohlen's Q&A, it was made clear that you choose a faction from the get-go (Sith or Republic). Your good or evil status evolves through the choices you make, which is true to the KOTOR standard.

Mind you, choosing Sith means something in this galaxy. The timeline is set only 300 years after the events in KOTOR, so it's still very upsetting and somewhat "bad" to be a Sith. However, Old Republic is out to challenge what "Sith" means. The story goes that after KOTOR, two Jedi got exiled into deep space, ran into the Sith, shit hit the fan, and then they were sent back to the Republic as Sith emissaries. The Sith then kicked the shit out of the Republic, abruptly backed off and said "Give us these random worlds for no specific reason, and we'll call it even." And the Republic says "Deal," so now we've got these two factions sitting uneasily in a divided galaxy.

Erickson went on some huge tangent about the evolution of the Sith from a real race (like with a different skin colour and stuff) breeding with humans and influencing the philosophy of the Jedi such that a new thinking arose. This new thinking took on the name of the race (Sith), and then apparently shit hit the fan (that happens a lot in the galaxy far, far away), so "Sith" started to mean "evil."

This made me squee inside because I'm a fangirl who's read all the fanfiction Expanded Universe books and the best thing I took away from them was Vergere's challenge to Luke Skywalker that there is no Dark or Light Side. There was also something in those books about Sith not defaulting to evil. I think this point got totally ret-conned in the last Legacy book...

edit: Damn, I was totally going to be the first ever Sith moisture farmer.

Quote:
But they also want to keep KOTOR fans interested and maintain the integrity of the "epic-ness" of the game. So that means that they won't necessarily rely on instancing (not everyone can blow up the Death Star, I guess), and the crafting won't be some mundane thing where you find some thread and some crystals and viola - you have shoes!

Of course they won't say what the crafting will be, how the guilds will work or what PvP will play like (yet). I asked about moisture farming and they said no. But in that trailer, we saw a Jedi putting together a lightsaber, and Ohlen did come out and say you wouldn't end the game with the lightsaber you started with, so...

Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Want to see more Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ images? Head over to the media section and check out the latest concept art pieces that illustrate character, weapon, and environmental design. In addition, we’ve added 10 new avatars to the community section. These avatars contain more iconic Star Wars™ races, additional female options, and Republic and Empire allegiance icons.

We will be releasing more media in the coming months so stay tuned!

- Star Wars: The Old Republic Team

Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More new screen shots. Link
TeflonJon
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sony's CEO was quoted as saying that this game will not be subscription based, but will operate off of micro-transactions.
Loupy Lobo
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TeflonJon wrote:
Sony's CEO was quoted as saying that this game will not be subscription based, but will operate off of micro-transactions.

Uhhhh.... can someone please translate that into English for me?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Star Wars: The Old Republic All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 2 of 22

Jump to: