The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Star Wars: The Old Republic
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Star Wars: The Old Republic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:12 am    Post subject: Star Wars: The Old Republic Reply with quote

I need to go change my shorts. Link

Sorry fellow WarHammer players but it looks like I'll be changing games in about a year.
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. - Albert Einstein
"Raccoons oscillate at 50Hz in Europe." - FAWBOTS
"I'm not sure I'm up for orgy scrabble parties" - Female Friend

Last edited by Trassin on Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's ok, I remember how excited I was about Star Wars Galaxies... look how that turned out.

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mojobacca wrote:
That's ok, I remember how excited I was about Star Wars Galaxies... look how that turned out.

True, but this is BioWare and EA so I have a bit more faith that they will get it right this time. Plus this one is taking place during the Old Republic, which means they won't have to worry about it fitting within the movie story lines and that there should be Jedi/Sith running around all over the place.
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. - Albert Einstein
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently the official name is going to be Star Wars: The Old Republic and it is a continuation of the KOTOR story lines.

I bring you concept art: Link

The young Sith finally snapped, having heard one to many jokes about compensating for something by having such a large light saber.

Edit: Here's the official web site: http://www.swtor.com/
Smitty
Brigadier Aspirant
Brigadier Aspirant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, I need a towel.

“The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.” -Thomas Jefferson
midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have all of the confidence in the world that BioWare will get this right and I can't wait. I will be very curious to see how the class system works and if they borrow anything from the Pen and Paper version like they have done with some of their games in the past. This game will probably put a pretty good dent in the WoW population if WAR doesn't first.
"People really don’t like to hear success explained away as luck — especially successful people. As they age, and succeed, people feel their success was somehow inevitable. They don’t want to acknowledge the role played by accident in their lives. There is a reason for this: the world does not want to acknowledge it either." -- Michael Lewis
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

midget wrote:
I have all of the confidence in the world that BioWare will get this right and I can't wait. I will be very curious to see how the class system works and if they borrow anything from the Pen and Paper version like they have done with some of their games in the past. This game will probably put a pretty good dent in the WoW population if WAR doesn't first.

I'm interested in seeing what type of "classes" they come out with and what races you can play as.
Glistam
I plead the Third
I plead the Third

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trassin wrote:
midget wrote:

I'm interested in seeing what type of "classes" they come out with and what races you can play as.

I heard they're staying true to the KotOR game and that everyone plays as Revan.

What I've been doing.
What I'm also doing.
What I wish I did more of.
What I've done.
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glistam wrote:
Trassin wrote:
midget wrote:

I heard they're staying true to the KotOR game and that everyone plays as Revan.

Really? I heard the only race available will be Gungans. Oh, and George Lucas is writing all NPC dialog himself.
CrushFearSynth
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^HA!
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lead writer at BioWare did an interview this morning: Link

Looks like we know where you'll start if you are a Jedi,

Quote:
So what's this about Typhon? What occurs on this planet?

Daniel: Typhon is actually where the Jedi will train and start out in the game. The Jedi Order actually opposed the signing of the treaty with the Sith Empire, because they thought that it was an obvious trap and something awful was going to happen.

After the events occurred with the treaty, the Jedi pulled back to Typhon so they could do their own thing.

Edit: I looked up some info on the system really quick. There are 20 planets that orbit the sun in the Typhon system. Link
chowda
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrushFearSynth wrote:
^HA!

Yup. Very Happy

I never played the second KOTOR, but I loved the first. I'll definitely play this one if they have a complex implant system. And I wouldn't hold your breath on the release date. Lucasart regretted how Galaxies was released with so many bugs that I bet it gets pushed back at least six months.

"Don't like the anime so much....but this just looks....well....."holy shit awesome." Crush exhibiting his superb observational skills referring to this movie
CrushFearSynth
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked the first on a single playthrough, at least for about half the game. For me it ended up being very boring and bland. I very much preferred KOTOR2, except that instead of an ending, it had a big jumble of "WTF is happening".
Loupy Lobo
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After talking about KOTOR recently, I pulled KOTOR2 out and played through it again. I love that game, and I'm looking forward to this game coming out. It may actually be fun.
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the background leading up to TOR (The Old Republic).

Warning: It contains major spoilers for both KOTOR and KOTORII if you haven't played those all the way through yet.

Link
Loupy Lobo
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone hasn't played those yet, do ya really think they're gonna?
CrushFearSynth
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not? I haven't played all the way through Dragon Quest 8 yet, and I'm definitely going to at some point.
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loupy Lobo wrote:
If someone hasn't played those yet, do ya really think they're gonna?

Normally I wouldn't but with this game coming out I figured they might want to play the first two games in the "series".
Glistam
I plead the Third
I plead the Third

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played KotOR but I have no intention of ever playing KotOR 2. I have heard nothing but bad things about how it ends and I dislike games and stories that don't have proper endings.

What I've been doing.
What I'm also doing.
What I wish I did more of.
What I've done.
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glistam wrote:
I played KotOR but I have no intention of ever playing KotOR 2. I have heard nothing but bad things about how it ends and I dislike games and stories that don't have proper endings.

If you read the link I posted above you'll have a pretty good idea of how it ended and where things are at going into the start of the MMO
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Star Wars: The Old Republic All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 1 of 22

Jump to: