The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Star Wars: The Old Republic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Star Wars: The Old Republic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had what was basically the worst day of all time, came home to an email that cured it all.

"Your wait is over."
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Release date is in 4 days right? I'm waiting until probably at least the second week of January to buy. You all have fun with release day bugs.
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been incredibly smooth so far.
"People really donít like to hear success explained away as luck ó especially successful people. As they age, and succeed, people feel their success was somehow inevitable. They donít want to acknowledge the role played by accident in their lives. There is a reason for this: the world does not want to acknowledge it either." -- Michael Lewis
Eisen
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

20min wait to log on?! This is just the pre-order population!
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't had any wait to logon.

Also, Huttball is pretty much the best pvp thing ever created ever.
midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Huttball is pretty much the best pvp thing ever created ever.

Glad you think so, I love it also!
"People really donít like to hear success explained away as luck ó especially successful people. As they age, and succeed, people feel their success was somehow inevitable. They donít want to acknowledge the role played by accident in their lives. There is a reason for this: the world does not want to acknowledge it either." -- Michael Lewis
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could go on endlessly about what I feel the game does right, I only have a couple complaints, both of which are technical, and both of which baffle my mind that they aren't already implemented.

There's no "sound in background" option for windowed mode, so if I am in queue for something and tab out, I can't hear the queue pop. I don't understand, why exclude this, just seems silly.

But far more importantly, there is no option to disable smart camera. Whyyyyyyy!! No one I know plays WoW with smart camera active, it drives me absolutely nuts and being able to disable it is pretty much standard in, well, everything! This is the ONE change I really hope happens sooner rather than later, because it's so small and easy to implement, and the fact that this wasn't put in from the get-go, let alone during beta, baffles me.
TeflonJon
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had about a 20 minute queue last night, no queue this morning.

Running on super low graphics the game was incredibly laggy this morning although it was fine last night and in beta. My brother said that setting the graphics to max and then bringing them back down fixed the issue for him. I will try this later tonight and see if it helps.
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I really enjoy the pvp in this game, I'm getting really discouraged, feels like I always seem to pick the wrong faction in these damn games.

I have done 23 warzones now, and lost every single one of them. All started with the intent of only doing a couple to complete a "Win 1 warzone" daily quest.
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hah, and just after I post this I win one!
TeflonJon
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the graphics thing worked. Played up to level 11, chose Sith Juggernaut and had no issues with it all day. Also managed to snag three datacrons before leaving Korriban
Buddy Lee
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akuma wrote:
I should add the ironic thing about iOS exclusivity for the authenticator is that SWTOR is not supported on OSX.

Which means I have to install Windows. Amazon Prime to the rescue! Made the cutoff for free 2 day shipping to get it Wednesday by 4 minutes, otherwise I would have had to pay $3.99 to get it Wednesday.
"What cheers me up? Um... I suppose mainly gloating over the misfortunes of other people. I guess that has to be it. Yeah, mainly crowing over the miseries of others. It doesn't always work, but it never completely fails. And then there's irony. There's irony, which is the gin in the campari, the cream in the coffee. Um... Sex can have diminishing returns, but it's amazing. Uh, no that's pretty much it, then it's a clear run to the grave." -Christopher Hitchens

Course title every university should offer: "How to tell when someone else is full of shit" -Neil deGrasse Tyson in a Q&A session on reddit
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been doing some reading and have some questions.

Companions: I read that Companions can fill various roles. Can you level very effectively as a healer with a tank companion? Can it heal you very effectively if you are DPS? I read you can send him/her into missions by themselves that take between 1 min and 23 hours. Can you go into those missions yourself as well? Are missions instanced a lot?

I assume you get one talent point (or whatever they are called) per level from 10 to 50? Is there any way to respec that anyone knows of?

Do your resources (force, energy, etc) recharge fairly quickly? Are force healers better overall than tech healers? Or is the opposite true?
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Can you level very effectively as a healer with a tank companion?

Yes.

Quote:
Can it heal you very effectively if you are DPS?

Yes (within reason).

Quote:
I read you can send him/her into missions by themselves that take between 1 min and 23 hours. Can you go into those missions yourself as well?

That's the crafting system and no you may not.

Quote:
Are missions instanced a lot?

No (not entirely sure what you mean by mission).

Quote:
I assume you get one talent point (or whatever they are called) per level from 10 to 50? Is there any way to respec that anyone knows of?

Correct and Yes.

Quote:
Do your resources (force, energy, etc) recharge fairly quickly?

All resources are a bit different, but yes they recharge quickly and you very rarely feel like you are caught with your pants down in that regard.

Quote:
Are force healers better overall than tech healers? Or is the opposite true?

All healers are fun, unique and awesome on the effectiveness scale (same for tanks).
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long before you get a space ship? Do you pay for it or quest for it? Are you required to participate in the space combat? If so, can you lose your ship and companions when you lose?
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many companions are you limited to? How long before you start getting companions?

I've seen some videos of early Inquisitors and it seems that they can solo really well early on. How solo-friendly are they (no Han Solo jokes, ya jokers) mid-levels? I assume someone has had some experience with those in beta.
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
How long before you get a space ship? Do you pay for it or quest for it?

Early and quest.

Quote:
Are you required to participate in the space combat? If so, can you lose your ship and companions when you lose?

No and no.

Quote:
How many companions are you limited to?

1 at a time, each class has 5 total combat companions.

Quote:
How long before you start getting companions?

It varies, but 6-9 is normal.

Quote:
I've seen some videos of early Inquisitors and it seems that they can solo really well early on. How solo-friendly are they (no Han Solo jokes, ya jokers) mid-levels?

All classes are solo-friendly.
Buddy Lee
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I am about to make a Windows 7 partition on my MacBook for the sole purpose of installing Star Wars: The Old Republic. Is that weird?
"What cheers me up? Um... I suppose mainly gloating over the misfortunes of other people. I guess that has to be it. Yeah, mainly crowing over the miseries of others. It doesn't always work, but it never completely fails. And then there's irony. There's irony, which is the gin in the campari, the cream in the coffee. Um... Sex can have diminishing returns, but it's amazing. Uh, no that's pretty much it, then it's a clear run to the grave." -Christopher Hitchens

Course title every university should offer: "How to tell when someone else is full of shit" -Neil deGrasse Tyson in a Q&A session on reddit
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make it large. I've heard that game is a monster install. Over 35GB in the beta...
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The real game is significantly smaller, the reason beta got so big is because new builds and such weren't fully overwriting the old one, things weren't compiled perfectly, etc. etc.

The game itself, with updates, is somewhere between 15 and 20 tops.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Star Wars: The Old Republic All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 20 of 22

Jump to: