The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Star Wars: The Old Republic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Star Wars: The Old Republic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buddy Lee
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mongolio wrote:
Make it large. I've heard that game is a monster install. Over 35GB in the beta...

I made it 60GB and the game ate up around 18, like Akuma said. Windows and game setup significantly cut into play time, so I only made it to level 5 before calling it quits. I like the mechanics of it so far. It's a little too early to really decide how I feel about the story line. I wants me a space ship dammit!
"What cheers me up? Um... I suppose mainly gloating over the misfortunes of other people. I guess that has to be it. Yeah, mainly crowing over the miseries of others. It doesn't always work, but it never completely fails. And then there's irony. There's irony, which is the gin in the campari, the cream in the coffee. Um... Sex can have diminishing returns, but it's amazing. Uh, no that's pretty much it, then it's a clear run to the grave." -Christopher Hitchens

Course title every university should offer: "How to tell when someone else is full of shit" -Neil deGrasse Tyson in a Q&A session on reddit
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You get a ship relatively early, 16ish.
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Security Key now available on Android.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought the game with a gift card I got for my birthday. Yay. Bought it online, so they are shipping it to me.
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I was wrong about cross-faction communication, you can talk between factions in /say.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's kinda good. Shame you can't do longer distance comms. Can you do cooperative missions and such?
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a big fan of the way they do Warzones. Sure, they will be making a bracket for 50's only and the rest of the levels together so that will help some. But just because you equalize the amount of damage put out between a level 10 and a level 49, they are still vastly different in the abilities and talents.

I have done all the warzones and I have to say that (1) I wish we had a way to que for specific warzones and (2) as a level 15 Commando, I hated Huttball. The others I did alright on.

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
Eisen
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pffft. You're not even to us at all. I see any number under 50, my first thought is "Easy prey." It might say you're equal but when your health is around 12k and my tracer missiles hit you for 1.6k-2.6k ea, you have no chance. You're more buffed to be slightly annoying, but not equal.
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I"m getting at! It's ridiculous to think that a 10 vs. 50 even with buffed health and damage are remotely equal. And that's before the PvP gear the 50s get.

The change won't help much in my opinion.

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loves my commando... but I want to play my elegant gown wearing Jedi Shadow-tank more. I can't because I'm playing with my co-worker more often than not.

Quote:

Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dig the Sniper and Commando both. I need to respec my Sorcerer to Healing some time and dive into grouping. Is grouping in SWTOR significantly different than, say WOW?
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't done any serious grouping, just the lower flashpoints. But with my experience, my non-Combat Medic specced Commando was able to heal it quite effectively. It worked really well when you used the crowd control for the 4-gold pulls and whatnot too.

Quote:

Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having never done a Flashpoint, I don't know what a 4-gold pull even is.

The SWTOR wikis out there aren't very forthcoming about when you get a starship or even how. One of them shows the quests you can do (dailies and such), but nothing at all about when you can get them. Anyone know?
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Buddy Lee
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You get your ship when you complete your class missions on your second planet. This could be as low as level 14. Once on your ship, there will be a terminal that gives daily space missions. New missions are added as you level up.
"What cheers me up? Um... I suppose mainly gloating over the misfortunes of other people. I guess that has to be it. Yeah, mainly crowing over the miseries of others. It doesn't always work, but it never completely fails. And then there's irony. There's irony, which is the gin in the campari, the cream in the coffee. Um... Sex can have diminishing returns, but it's amazing. Uh, no that's pretty much it, then it's a clear run to the grave." -Christopher Hitchens

Course title every university should offer: "How to tell when someone else is full of shit" -Neil deGrasse Tyson in a Q&A session on reddit
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By a "4 gold pull", I mean 4 gold star mobs. One of the boss pulls in the Mando flashpoint has a fight against a Sith Marauder, Sith Sorcerer, Bounty Hunter and Agent that wiped us hard when our tank just jumped in and we didn't CC any of them.

Quote:

Buddy Lee
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mojobacca wrote:
By a "4 gold pull", I mean 4 gold star mobs. One of the boss pulls in the Mando flashpoint has a fight against a Sith Marauder, Sith Sorcerer, Bounty Hunter and Agent that wiped us hard when our tank just jumped in and we didn't CC any of them.

Mind trap FTW.

Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Concussive Round for me. And yeah, I like that too... until my partner (non-companion) decides to jump in with his knight and smack everything around him. I need to train him better.

Quote:

Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recommend using a barbed whip. For training, I mean.
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good call!

Quote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Star Wars: The Old Republic All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 21 of 22

Jump to: