The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Issue 13

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> CoH - City of Heroes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glistam
I plead the Third
I plead the Third

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:56 am    Post subject: Issue 13 Reply with quote

Issue 13 has a bunch of changes coming for City of Heroes. For those of you who quit the game, I recommend checking out what's coming and re-evaluating. It's a stepping stone for an even bigger release, issue 14, but there's still some good stuff happening here.

-Revamping PvP: A lot of powers are being re-adjusted for PvP battles. Whether it's good or bad, it's at least a change that's suppossed to be good and allow for better balancing.

-Levelling pacts: Two characters level 5 or below will be able to "Pact" themselves together in order to never outlevel each other again. What this means is that whether or not both characters are logged in, any xp one character makes is evenly divided between both characters. So for their entire careers, they will always have receive the exact same XP even if they are not online. This is very exciting to me. Leedon and I already have our level 3 villains ready to pact together and tear up the Isles.

-New Power: Who doesn't like shields? I checked them out on Test and they seem like a nice mix between Defense and Resistance, with the ability to give defense to others and also gain defense from having allies around you. The visual effects of the various shield designs are nice too.

-Day Jobs: Your characters will actually get something for being logged out, depending on where they log out. There are temp powers that can be unlocked, costume pieces, and badges. Plus, you can combine some of the jobs into other jobs, also gaining other temp powers.

I'm not sure when issue 13 goes live, but I'm pretty sure it's before the end of the month.

What I've been doing.
What I'm also doing.
What I wish I did more of.
What I've done.
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That does sound cool but I'm hardly even playing War now. I started playing indoor soccer again last week and that is taking up most of the free time I had been using for playing games.

I think for the moment I'm pretty much done with massives, at least until SWTOR comes out.
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. - Albert Einstein
"Raccoons oscillate at 50Hz in Europe." - FAWBOTS
"I'm not sure I'm up for orgy scrabble parties" - Female Friend
Glistam
I plead the Third
I plead the Third

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that I expect this is a deal maker or breaker for anyone, but I just discovered the other day that there is another powerset coming out for Villains: Pain Domination. It's the Empathy set slightly re-tooled for sadomasochistic character concepts. It's available as a Corruptor and Mastermind secondary.

What I've been doing.
What I'm also doing.
What I've done.
Glistam
I plead the Third
I plead the Third

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy shit it's live

And they gave Taunt an awesome secondary ability and actually made it potentially useful to scrappers.

What I've been doing.
What I'm also doing.
What I've done.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> CoH - City of Heroes All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: