The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Champions Online & Aion
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Online Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hailey
Squatter
Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:47 am    Post subject: Champions Online & Aion Reply with quote

I noticed there was a City of Heroes board, I was wondering if anyone has heard of/planning to play the CoH squeal Champions Online! It looks pretty cool!

Also, the new MMO Aion looks awesome as well! They are in beta stages right now, check em out'

http://forums.champions-online.com/

http://www.aiononline.com/us/

MeOw
Glistam
I plead the Third
I plead the Third

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure some folks here will at least try out Champions, there's always people ready to try out a new game. Unless the play is significantly different from CoX though I doubt anyone here will stay. We talked about Champions Online a bit here if you're interested.

I don't know anything about Aion.

What I've been doing.
What I'm also doing.
What I wish I did more of.
What I've done.
Loupy Lobo
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glistam wrote:
Unless the play is significantly different from CoX though I doubt anyone here will stay.

That's what she said.
SPyder
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

I got on the Beta. Have not had a chance to play yet though. I should tommorow. Will post more later.
midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any play time yet Spyder?
"People really donít like to hear success explained away as luck ó especially successful people. As they age, and succeed, people feel their success was somehow inevitable. They donít want to acknowledge the role played by accident in their lives. There is a reason for this: the world does not want to acknowledge it either." -- Michael Lewis
SPyder
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:12 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Very little. Too little for me to give you my feelings. Hopefully the beta will open up a little more soon. Right now it is 3 hours from like 9 pm til midnight, my time, twice a week. Since that is when my wife is home, I haven't done much more than design a character. The design feels like CoH but with some definate tweaks.
midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even after reading quite a bit more about it, as far as look/atmosphere goes I get the CoH vibe as well. It seems like game play is very different though. I've read a few hands-ons that say it plays a lot like an action game and even a couple people went as far as to say a more fun, more fluid Crackdown.

Keep us updated, lots of people wanna know what's up.
"People really donít like to hear success explained away as luck ó especially successful people. As they age, and succeed, people feel their success was somehow inevitable. They donít want to acknowledge the role played by accident in their lives. There is a reason for this: the world does not want to acknowledge it either." -- Michael Lewis
SPyder
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 6:11 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Well I have actually got some time to play this. Not much but some actual play time. It was good. Really good. Haven asked if it was CoH 2. The answer to that is yes and no. It has the character build feel of CoH with the noted exception that you can do a lot more. It's better for many reasons but one of them is that if you get a set of wings on your character (there are like 10 different version of wings, including sweet dragon wings) when you get flight you fly with your wings. If you get a jet pack, the jets light off when you fly. The game is more action based. You can move out of the way of attacks. It is still rough but has definate potential and I, for one, will be picking this up when it comes out. Oh the power thing is actually pretty cool and complex. I don't know how it works well enough to explain it right now.
midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The game is more action based. You can move out of the way of attacks.

That's awesome news. DDO works that way and was one of my favorite game mechanics I've ever experienced.
Haven
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got around to dropping an App for the preview after reading some stuff. Maybe they listened when people bitched about the repetition in CoH?
SPyder
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 1:54 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

So I got a chance to play this some more.... It is very sweet. I got done with the tutorial and bought my upgrades (including flight) with a dragon (character design is pretty damn sweet). Flight is sweet with his wings pumping as he hovers. He runs on all fours. I was able to change his flame powers so that he breathes all of his attacks rather than using his fists. The options are fists, chest, head and I forget the last one. You can change the colors of your attacks. It is a lot of fun!

Edit:
I said there was a little more action than other MMO's and I wanted to explain that. You can block in the game. This helps a lot when you are fighting bigger baddies because you can see when they are winding up for a mega attack and attempt to block it.
The character customization goes so deep that you can change your stances. As in you can choose normal, heroic (total super douch bag), Beast (run on both all fours and two legs) and one other. The build process is not as polished (yet) as CoH but there are so many things you can do that it makes up for it.
Power upgrades are a little strange and I do not understand them well enough to talk to you about them, yet. I will say it is much more free and customizable than CoH.
There are instance quests and area quests (set up like Warhammer).

Edit again:
So I have spent a few hours playing this and I have to say I fricking love it. I just took a travel power called Athletics. It is a combo of super speed, super jump, and agility. It is fricking awesome fun. I have built about 10 characters and am still finding new stuff to put in my costumes. I cannot wait til this game releases!
Haven
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I will say is this: After a few hours messing with Champs... If you were ever even mildly amused by City of Heroes, plan on playing this. Holy BALLS it's awesome.
SPyder
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:58 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

See, I told ya!
Kellion
Brigadier Recruit
Brigadier Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When is it supposed to be released for Public consumption?
SPyder
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

July was last I heard. I know that it is going to be previewed on X-Play on June 16th, in the summer games block.
Haven
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was recently pushed to September 1.
Kellion
Brigadier Recruit
Brigadier Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleph...Oh well...

If everything goes right, I'll be heading back to the East Coast when it's released.
Glistam
I plead the Third
I plead the Third

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:46 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

SPyder wrote:
I just took a travel power called Athletics. It is a combo of super speed, super jump, and agility.

In City of Heroes they call that Fitness.

What I've been doing.
What I'm also doing.
What I wish I did more of.
What I've done.
Haven
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not like this, Dave. The CoH team really brought their A-Game for Champs.
SPyder
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

You move as fast as you did when you first got super speed in CoH and Jump about half as high as Super jump. But thats not all... You move during battle to dodge stuff. If you need to make a quick retreat, just pust back and you backflip away from the action. I also have a chain gun power that, when used, a chaingun rises from my shoulder and fires away. It is a blast. I have a power that pushes the enemy back. If I use it when they cannot be pushed back or point blank, it almost always does crit like damage.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Online Games All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 1 of 14

Jump to: