The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1.2 super patch

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Warhammer Online
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deathforce
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:54 am    Post subject: 1.2 super patch Reply with quote

Hey all for anyone that was thinking about starting to play warhammer again, the 1.2 patch is coming out soon and will fix a number of very annoying bugs. 500+ to be exact, plus a bunch of other things the patch notes are 55 pages long. You can read them here

http://herald.warhammeronline.com/patchnotes/index.php?id=2009_1-1-2
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nuh-uh! My work firewall blocks it!

Wait. I don't play this game anyways...
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
chowda
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been playing WAR since launch. These are indeed major changes. I just hope it stops some of my guildies that were thinking of quitting for awhile from doing so.

Mythic basically cockblocked end-game RvR on anything but lop-sided servers because it wasn't ready yet. They are slowly tweaking the rules to get more and more fortress and city raids which is a good thing.

And you all have a place in Black Legion if you want to come back. Got about 100-110 accounts in the guild and we get 25-35 during peak hours, down from about 40-50 back when they introduced RvR influence awards.

"Don't like the anime so much....but this just looks....well....."holy shit awesome." Crush exhibiting his superb observational skills referring to this movie
Deathforce
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been playing my order characters on Phoenix throne for the most part. I just love my Ironbreaker he is a little armored ball of fury.
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing against the game, but I just laugh when I think of how quickly the hype died. People were predicting it to be THE WARCRAFT KILLER and whatever, I never hear anyone talk about it anymore.
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That kind of hype had taken place in other games too. Anyone who knew about the games seriously would know that nothing will kill WoW but time.

That said, Warhammer is still a far better PvP experience than WoW, even with WoW's inclusion of their siege engines. But since one needs population balances in order to have an effective PvP system, no game will fulfill it's true potential. And since Warhammer is based around PvP... that's a tough obstacle to overcome.

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
chowda
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mojobacca wrote:
But since one needs population balances in order to have an effective PvP system, no game will fulfill it's true potential. And since Warhammer is based around PvP... that's a tough obstacle to overcome.

Yeah, the good part about playing on Ostermark is that the sides are balanced. The bad part is the pop is too low.

The other rp server has scenarios popping all the time, but an entire realm will stop what they are doing if they see a BO change hands so they can go farm free renown points. Which is where the RvR mentality and MMO mentalities collide. The RvR types will stay and fight an ememy for the sake of winning. The MMO types need to see their character constantly growing to keep putting in major hours. There was a recent live event which was PvP based. Man, there was 24 hour fighting until a lot of people maxed out their event bar.

WAR will always be around based on their core from DaoC. However, they need more people in order to generate the revenue needed to create the content needed to make it a "major" MMO for years to come. And to be honest, I'm not sure which way it will go.

"Don't like the anime so much....but this just looks....well....."holy shit awesome." Crush exhibiting his superb observational skills referring to this movie
Deathforce
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they can keep up with good stuff like they have in 1.2 for the next few months I think we will see quite a few people creeping back to the game.
chowda
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw someone from Bloodright while playing as my Chosen today. He re-upped after a few months. He's a squiggy called something like "Daviusskillius".

Got a chuckle out of that.

Deathforce
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, he had 2 or 3 characters in the guild I believe.
chowda
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, forgot to mention my group beat Lost Vale for the first time last Monday. I think there's been 1 Order group and 3 other Destruction groups that have beaten it thusfar.

And nothing useful dropped in the entire run (about 5 hours, down from the 9 hours over 3 trries it took to get to the endboss the first time). How the high level boss battles work is they will drop 1 or 2 specific items. Since there are 11 careers and they are 6-man instances, it's really tough getting that gear.

LV is a 5 day lockout. The IC dungeons you get Sentinel gear for the greater warding required for Lost Vale are 3 day lockouts. It took me about a month to get 4/5 greater ward, but I had to wait two more weeks for my main tank to get his fifth piece because they really need 5/5 for Lost Vale.

This was designed to slow players progress from launch, much like the degree of difficulty they had to lock zones and for fortress sieges.

So yeah, there's good reasons to hold of coming back to WAR. This is coming from a WAR fiend. Smile

Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That kind of progression isn't uncommon, Chowda. All MMO's have that kind of end-game content to give a sense of accomplishement when you can no longer level up. Keeps people playing to finish that goal. It's just interesting that they have actually instituted end-game PvE combat.

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
chowda
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mojobacca wrote:
That kind of progression isn't uncommon, Chowda. All MMO's have that kind of end-game content to give a sense of accomplishement when you can no longer level up.

Sure, but with some bad luck, does it take two months and 20 times defeating a dungeon to get what you went there for? Because that's happened to people in my guild.

Then again, he got his last sentinel and first two darkpromise the same freakin day. We also had a DoK get all of his sentinel set in one shot. His gear dropped every single time. That was after he only had 2/5 annihilator (RvR set) and was renown rank 45.

It's just weird how they distribute the gear by leaving it to dumb luck. Heck, I saw a black guard sentinel piece drop 2 days after the career came out. I guess if it were guaranteed, people would do nothing but grind for the PvE gear before going out to RvR. I can understand it, but it still frustrates me.

Resheph
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, we had people in our guild in WoW run places 40+ times and still not get the certain drop they were trying to get. It happens Confused

midget wrote:
vagina = chaos
CrushFearSynth wrote:
She thinks I'm weird compared to you? Dude, I thought you should audition for American Serial Killer when I met you.
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In WoW and even Evercrack, imagine going in there with 25-40 other people looking for just 1 item to drop (get 3 chances at it per boss) and hope that you have good rolls to get it. Unless you used that blased DKP system.

And these raids generally lasted 2 days unless the raid was geared enough to farm the place.

On the flip side, there are some raids that last all of 20-30 minutes just taking on a single boss and the trash to get to him. But then you're locked out for 7 days.

WAR's lockout times are nice in comparison.

Quote:

Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you can just do 10 man raids now, and honestly we clear all of the current content in one night and a half, before we were geared maybe 2 and a half. Things have changed a lot in WoW.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Warhammer Online All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: