The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ulduar

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> WoW - World of Warcraft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: Ulduar Reply with quote

Anyone else been yet? We went in tonight and took down the Flame Leviathan, Ignis the Furnace Master, Razorscale, XT-002 Deconstructor and The Assembly of Iron.

Ignis was the most challenging of the fights I'd say, though the rest of them excluding Razorscale have hard modes that we didn't attempt, so it makes sense that they would be fairly easy otherwise. XT-002 Deconstructor was definitely the gear check, hitting really hard and having a tight enrage timer.

We're heading back tomorrow to continue. I'm hoping to down Kologarn, Auriaya, Hodir, and some others, not sure what else we'll attempt yet, probably Freya then Thorim (Mimiron seems to be the hardest of the keepers). I don't know if we'll get to Yogg this week.

So far the instance is a pretty big step up from T7 content. The bosses hit hard, mistakes are unforgiving, and the trash will kick your ass if you're not careful. It's nice to be doing real raids again.
Kellion
Brigadier Recruit
Brigadier Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree on the challenge being a good thing. I can't wait to go back in.

We've not had very good organization of our raids yet, so We've only been able to kill FL. We attempted Razor a few time, then people had to go.
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a lot more success tonight, downing Kologarn, Auriaya, Hodir and Thorim, and getting some really solid attempts on Mimiron. We can consistently get to phase 4 now, it's just a matter of getting that down.
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy crap! You make it seem like your romping through all these bosses like they're nothing! I thought you said these raids were tougher than T7. Did your whole guild do Ulduar on the test realm?

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's hardcore. Probably wiped a few times each boss, but that doesn't matter to those freaks. Razz
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Kellion
Brigadier Recruit
Brigadier Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, they're a true raiding guild. We're a casual raiding guild.
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We didn't get a chance to do any testing actually, but yeah most things wiped us a couple times, though Thorim we actually managed to one-shot (honestly I think he is way too easy and should be buffed, but I hear the hard mode is crazy). I don't know if I would consider us hardcore. We are hardcore in the sense that we aim to progress, we raid with the same crew of people every week, we all go to great lengths to max our characters with gems / enchants / specs / consumables.

All that said though we only raid 2-3 nights a week as opposed to some of these guys who go 5 or 6. I do consider us to be a really skilled group, though.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akuma wrote:
We didn't get a chance to do any testing actually, but yeah most things wiped us a couple times, though Thorim we actually managed to one-shot (honestly I think he is way too easy and should be buffed, but I hear the hard mode is crazy). I don't know if I would consider us hardcore. We are hardcore in the sense that we aim to progress, we raid with the same crew of people every week, we all go to great lengths to max our characters with gems / enchants / specs / consumables.

All that said though we only raid 2-3 nights a week as opposed to some of these guys who go 5 or 6. I do consider us to be a really skilled group, though.

You aim for redundancy, don't you? Like I said: Hard Core. The 5-7 night a weekers are just insane.
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night was the first attempt at Ulduar for my guild. We killed Flame Leviathan, Razorscale, Ignis, Deconstructor (1 shot) and Kologarn. We skipped Iron Council and Auriaya and attempted Hodir twice without much luck.

All in all I gotta say this is by far the most fun raid I've ever been involved in. The trash can be pretty brutal at times so it never turns into a snorefest.
"People really donít like to hear success explained away as luck ó especially successful people. As they age, and succeed, people feel their success was somehow inevitable. They donít want to acknowledge the role played by accident in their lives. There is a reason for this: the world does not want to acknowledge it either." -- Michael Lewis
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've killed everything except General Vezax and Yogg-Saron now. Tonight we're going into a fresh Ulduar, and plan to leave 1 tower up on Flame Levi, then plow the rest of the stuff we already know. I doubt we'll kill Yogg this week but I'm positive we'll get Vezax and at least get some attempts on him.
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got General Vezax down last night, Yogg-Saron is absolutely ridiculous. The fight's very similar to C'thun.
midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys get Yogg down yet?

Also, just realized we're in the same Battle Group.
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had our 2nd tank ditch us last week so we didn't get to try him last week sadly, but now we have a replacement. We've done Iron Council medium mode now, Flame Levi with 2 towers, and we're confident we'll kill Yogg this week, it's just a matter of we haven't gotten much chance to try.

And yeah I noticed a while back we were in the same battlegroup.
Splinte
Brigadier Recruit
Brigadier Recruit

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did my first 10man ulduar the other night. I fucking loved it. We got through the Siege and then downed a few others. Overall was a very good night for the guild and for my first time I was very excited to see so many bosses go down.
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We did Yogg last night and got to Phase 3, and got him down to 1.3m our 2nd time getting there. It was quite awesome. We ended up stopping due to the late hour, but we're going back in tonight to kill him, I'm pretty psyched.
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kellion
Brigadier Recruit
Brigadier Recruit

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grutz
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, hey, hey! That's my line...
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> WoW - World of Warcraft All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: