The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Still Afraid of Girls?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:09 pm    Post subject: Still Afraid of Girls? Reply with quote

I realized I had never posted a follow up to my dealings with the beauty pageant girl. I came back to find that I had been cock blocked by none other than Glistam and the thread had been locked. I'm actually quite proud that a thread I started hit the magical 71 mark. It's interesting to go back through 71 pages and see how far we've all come. And by "we" I mean "Exzavier".

That being said, on with the girl story:

My friends and I host a fairly large St. Patty's day party every year, so I went ahead and invited Steph. She sent me back an email that said, "I've got plans that night. You should probably know that I'll be going out with Kevin that night". Kevin is the other guy who was there the first night that I met Steph. She then went on to say, "If you want to do lunch or something on the following Sunday, that'd be okay"

Normally I'd take the obvious shut down and friend date and be fine with it, but I'm trying to to be slightly more assertive. I knew she was in to baseball, and they'd just opened up a spring training field literally across the street from my parents house. I checked, and sure enough there was a game at noon that day. I responded to her and said, "Lunch would be great. This new place opened up next to my parents house that I've been wanting to try. I hear the food isn't great, but it's more about the experience."

The baseball game went well, but afterwards she sent me a message saying, "I just want to make sure we're on the same page. You're a cool guy, but we're just friends right? I felt bad that you paid for my ticket." I took it all in stride, and actually set something up with another girl. This was probably important as it took some of the pressure off in an odd way.

Later that week though Steph and I were joking around on IM and she made some comment about not wanting to eat alone. She lives about a 100 miles away, and... well, long story short an hour and a half later we were having dinner. Something happened that night, and I think we both sort of got in to each other. From there it's progressed pretty steadily to the point that I'd say we're "dating" or something.

My only real reservation is still the age thing. It comes up enough that I'm worried, but it's not a huge issue yet. I guess time will tell.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And by "we" I mean "Exzavier".

Ha!

and well done to the rest of your post.
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. - Albert Einstein
"Raccoons oscillate at 50Hz in Europe." - FAWBOTS
"I'm not sure I'm up for orgy scrabble parties" - Female Friend
CrushFearSynth
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time will definitely tell. It will tell you precisely what you don't want to hear. Happens every time, without fail. But for now, have your fun and enjoy the experience. There's no good reason not to take the risk if that's what you want.
Mishlai
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread has led me to the firm conviction that Lotan is more sane than most of us.

Fucking act like it.

"The stars died so that you could be here today" - Lawrence Krauss

"The universe is huge and old, and rare things happen all the time." - Lawrence Krauss
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mishlai wrote:
This thread has led me to the firm conviction that Lotan is more sane than most of us.

I'm still sitting back taking it easy myself. I figure about the time I'm in Texas next month will be a good point to start getting shot down again.
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. - Albert Einstein
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Girl I just got done talking to on OKC

Mishlai
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a sucker for a good smile, a good figure, a redhead, and a woman who can handle a gun.

Fucking act like it.

"The universe is huge and old, and rare things happen all the time." - Lawrence Krauss
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mishlai wrote:
I'm a sucker for a good smile, a good figure, a redhead, and a woman who can handle a gun.

Me too. She's also an uber geek who claims to like Dostyevski, D&D, camping, and hiking. She is suppose to be moving to IL soon to start her masters after finishing her B.A. in European History.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that's really "her". Not surprising that she's into guns living in OKC. It seems that I'm the only one in the city that doesn't have a Conceal Carry license...
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mongolio wrote:
If that's really "her". Not surprising that she's into guns living in OKC. It seems that I'm the only one in the city that doesn't have a Conceal Carry license...

OKC = OkCupid. She's ex-army, otherwise I would have been far more suspicious about the picture. Also, there are multiple photos which all look authentic.

That said, she's actually out in Madhatte's neck of the woods right now, I should have him look her up to see if she's real or not.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh. I don't go to those cupid sites.
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Mishlai
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually like OKC pretty well.

Fucking act like it.

Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I met a girl who is basically my dream girl on the OKC back in November. Biggest issue is that she lives in Houston now. Last month I convinced her to come out and stay for a few days.

We hit it off fairly well, but I doubt she'll be moving to Phoenix any time soon.

I've sorta got other shit going on now anyhow though.

The other funny part is that she looks a lot like a human version of my Final Fantasy character. It's a bit weird.

Last edited by Lotan on Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I met both Perseph and another girl, who I dated for about 6 months, through OKC.
Ryrra
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And look how those turned out. you are single again. Razz

Whenever you are asked if you can do a job, tell 'em, 'Certainly I can!' Then get busy and find out how to do it.
-Theodore Roosevelt (1858 - 1919)-
Smile
CrushFearSynth
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SNAP!
Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You only gotta get it right one time.

Two tops.
Mishlai
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way I see it, all of our relationships fail, except maybe one, so that's just par for the course.

Fucking act like it.

CrushFearSynth
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But then again, you aren't Mormon.
Kellion
Brigadier Recruit
Brigadier Recruit

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I met my fiance on OKC. I tried the pay sites, then I realized that it's not really in their business model to hook people up. People find love, they stop paying for the service.

OKC works also check out www.plentyoffish.com . And no, it's not referring to the smell.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 1 of 37

Jump to: