The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Time to revive the "Pirates Vs. Ninjas" argument
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Silliness and Forum Fun
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Madhatte
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:37 am    Post subject: Time to revive the "Pirates Vs. Ninjas" argument Reply with quote

With this:  scroll down to the May 27th entry.  I couldn't get the image to link so this is the best I could do.  It's kind of squinty-small, so I recommend downloading the .PDF file linked there.  Armed with that kind of data, it's a wonder to me that ANY Northwesterner would be a Ninja fan.

We are going to have to stick a pin in a map, set fire to something and carry on until the earth looks flat! -- RandyMac

I could teach you to how file a washer to make it worth a nickel but if you really want to make big bucks just take a penny and drill a hole in it and it becomes a washer and is worth a dime. -- Art Martin, Old-Time Logger

Last edited by Madhatte on Sat Jun 11, 2005 3:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Glistam
I plead the Third
I plead the Third

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 3:12 am    Post subject: Re: Time to revive the old "Pirates Vs. Ninjas" ar Reply with quote

Madhatte wrote:
it's a wonder to me that ANY Northwesterner would be a Ninja fan.

Because Ninja's are better.

What I've been doing.
What I'm also doing.
What I wish I did more of.
What I've done.
Madhatte
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, there is this.

We are going to have to stick a pin in a map, set fire to something and carry on until the earth looks flat! -- RandyMac

I could teach you to how file a washer to make it worth a nickel but if you really want to make big bucks just take a penny and drill a hole in it and it becomes a washer and is worth a dime. -- Art Martin, Old-Time Logger
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, that was awesome.  Oh  and dude, pirates ain't got shit on ninja's

Oh and just to prove my point madhatte, check this out.

If you want to know exactly home much of a badass ninja/pirate you could be go here.

Rules for your own pirate vs ninja game.
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. - Albert Einstein
"Raccoons oscillate at 50Hz in Europe." - FAWBOTS
"I'm not sure I'm up for orgy scrabble parties" - Female Friend
Glistam
I plead the Third
I plead the Third

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No argument here.

What I've been doing.
What I'm also doing.
What I wish I did more of.
What I've done.
Fyredancer
Freeman
Freeman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:25 am    Post subject: :) Reply with quote

Haven and I have Pirate and Ninja kittens.

My kitten (Twynkle) is the pirate...looks like a pirate with a little eye patch, and acts like one.

Haven's kitten (Jyett) is the ninja...all black and stuff, can't see her in the dark, very sneaky.

Twynkle the pirate kitty beats Jyett the ninja kittie up Smile  when they aren't sleeping curled up together.  

Pirate beats the ninja.
Haven
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd call it more of a stalemate, as neither one is dead. Jyett's just biding her time.
Mishlai
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirates are gay.

On top of that, they're evil.  Piracy was born of all of the worst parts of humanity - greed, the lust for pillaging and raping, and a plain lack of give a shit about the value of human life.

Ninjas, while not exactly Shriners, are born of different stuff.  The ninja represents a survivor, an improvisor, the common man standing up to entrenched and oppressive institutions - far better armed and trained than he.

You really can't not root for the guy who's kicking a Samurai's ass with farm tools, can you?

Plus they're fucking cool, and as I stated earlier, pirates are gay.

Fucking act like it.

"The stars died so that you could be here today" - Lawrence Krauss

"The universe is huge and old, and rare things happen all the time." - Lawrence Krauss
Haven
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
- greed, the lust for pillaging and raping, and a plain lack of give a shit about the value of human life.

Those are some of the qualities I admire most in the people on this here forum.  Laughing
Madhatte
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trassin, if you look closely at our stats you will see that as a pirate, I have no weapons.  None.  And yet you only beat me by a point.  You have all kinds of pointy things in your bag-o'-tricks.  In a rematch where I get at least a cudgel or something, to say nothing of a cutlass and a brace of pistols, I'd have your pajama'd ass in a nonce, and you'd be smarting from the old school drubbing I doled out, you lubber.

Immyls
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirates aren't gay, they just like anything warm and concave.
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.                         Ninja Trassin    vs       Pirate Madhatte
Secret Weapon   -Death Touch            -Bad case of Cholera             +1 N
Pet                     -Ninja Monkey           -Parrot                                +1 N
Clan                   -The Deadly              -The Scurvy
                          Viper Assassin           Urchins                              +1 N
                          Squad                  
Fav. Drink          -Stealth Potion          -Ale in a dirty glass                +1 P
Fears                 -Nothing                   -Sea Creatures/
                                                         Cursed Treasure                  +1 N
                           Ninjas - 4                    Pirates - 1

Nuf said
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. - Albert Einstein
Madhatte
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Fears                 -Nothing  

What about "Dishonoring Clan"?

Also, you know very well that I only drink my ale out of clean glasses.  Fie on you, I say.

Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no no, you're thinking of those pathetic Samurai.  Us ninjas have no honor
Madhatte
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just pajamas, right?

Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, i've got this one pair that has a bunch of pirates with slit throats on them, there like totally cute and stuff.  There's nothing like a ninja pajama party after killing a bunch of pirates
Madhatte
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
There's nothing like a ninja pajama party after killing a bunch of pirates

I bet you all have ninja pillow fights too, only instead of feathers the pillows are stuffed with shuriken, and you fight to the death.  Last ninja standing is the new clan leader.

Mishlai
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have only one question.

Would you prefer to:

A) Travel to japan and meet the Bujinkan's Soke Masaki Hatsumi - Ninjitsu Grand Master, a kind old gentlement who can kick the shit out of mostly anyone or...

B) Cruise to present day, chaotic,  pirate infested waters and wait to meet some random pirate (since I'm not aware of any official head o' the pirates), be raped and/or killed (depending on your sex and the pirate's preferences), machine gunned (times have changed you know) & perhaps hear the occasional "arrrrr"?

Please for give any mispellings.  I'm extremely drunk and have already found 4 or 5 myself.  I shiver (me timbers) to think how many I've missed.

Mish

Fucking act like it.

"The universe is huge and old, and rare things happen all the time." - Lawrence Krauss
Mishlai
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

p.s.

My ale glass was (is) dirty.

Fucking act like it.

Madhatte
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eyepatch and peg leg beats pajamas and shuriken any day, I tells ye.  Check this out.  You'll see.

Last edited by Madhatte on Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Silliness and Forum Fun All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 1 of 19

Jump to: