The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Final Fantasy XIV - Online
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> FFXIV - Final Fantasy Online II
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vawn
call me housecoat

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every time I first click "Reply" it takes me back to the main forum page. The second time it allows me to post. Not sure what's going on there.

So, this is annoying. I left the download going all night, it stopped at 94.8%. Every time I reload it, it goes quickly back to 94.8% and the Download speed seems ok. But, once it hits that number it just stops. # of local and remote connections goes up and down, time remaining starts at 1 second and keeps going on up, and download speed remains at 0.0. I've tried restarting a few times, but the result is always the same.
tsakiki
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a new patch this afternoon that's stopping at 94.8% for everyone who isn't using utorrent to get it. I'm off to ffxi for the next few hours anyway so I can't figure out how to make it work.
Vawn
call me housecoat

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a way to get it to work using torrents from a post I saw online. I made a character "Latch Vonboko", but am trying to get the game configuration working.

I saw online there is a configuration setup like on XI, but I can't find out where it is or how to start it up. I want to find that and to get a controller working. Can anyone tell me how to start it up? Also, is this how I would get the game to be fullscreen?

Nevermind, I found it. But, Kiki, you mentioned using a PS3 controller. Can you explain (or send a link) on how to do that?
E-RoCk
Freeman
Freeman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vawn wrote:
I found a way to get it to work using torrents from a post I saw online. I made a character "Latch Vonboko", but am trying to get the game configuration working.

I saw online there is a configuration setup like on XI, but I can't find out where it is or how to start it up. I want to find that and to get a controller working. Can anyone tell me how to start it up? Also, is this how I would get the game to be fullscreen?

That's under the start menu for me.

Programs>square enix>ffxiv beta version>ffxiv beta version config

http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/20060211/sc_space/mindcontrolbyparasites
tsakiki
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(in vista): start menu/square enix/final fantasy xiv beta version/final fantasy xiv beta version config

and yes, you can set full-screen from there.

What town did you start in? I've was running around today and am currently in limsa lominsa, but can get to any of the three cities this evening to give you a pearl. i'll probably be on around 8ish. Have to kill AV again this afternoon and do some sea farming after.
tsakiki
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's a nice site with a database that seems very useful for recipes and finding things

http://ffxiv.yg.com/
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AV is killable now? What was the big secret no one could figure out?
tsakiki
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vawn wrote:
Nevermind, I found it. But, Kiki, you mentioned using a PS3 controller. Can you explain (or send a link) on how to do that?

It's a pain in the butt, but I use the motionjoy drivers. I can't find the link atm, but I used instructions from a thread on BG. I'm running 64-bit Vista, and had to put windows into test mode and boot allowing unsigned drivers, and getting a tool to "sign" the driver.

I'll see if I can find the thread later if you haven't found something. You're probably best off with your xbox controller.
tsakiki
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually bookmarked it: http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/81148-Using-PS3-controller-as-a-PC-gamepad
Vawn
call me housecoat

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in Gridandia.

Another config question. I am having a real hard time reading the text, its way too small. I had this problem in XI on PC as well, but managed to fix it, but only with a combination of the SE windower and the unofficial windower.

Is there a way to make the icons, text, etc bigger without having low resolution for graphics?
Resheph
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

getting lots of crashes today, and when I crash during a quest, I can't complete it once I get back on.

Not sure what I think about it so far....I'm leaning towards 'not'...

midget wrote:
vagina = chaos
CrushFearSynth wrote:
She thinks I'm weird compared to you? Dude, I thought you should audition for American Serial Killer when I met you.
Vawn
call me housecoat

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I built a fairly decent PC, but the game does not play well. The graphics look nice... until I move or watch a CS. The framerate is awful, almost to the point of unplayable. I'll screw around with the config files some more to see if I can make it better.

I've already logged on and off about 100 times trying to mess with configuration stuff. 9 times out of 10 the game freezes after I log out and I have to manually terminate it. Computers are lame, wishing this was out on PS3 already.
tsakiki
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akuma wrote:
AV is killable now? What was the big secret no one could figure out?

Level 80 + Perfect Defense = win

It isn't easy, needs a lot of coordination and very decked out players, and does require some luck on what 2 hours AV uses, but we're hoping for our 3rd kill today.
Vawn
call me housecoat

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I'm not sure if its my PC, my Internet or the servers or some combination, but this game is pretty much unplayable for me so far.

And if I do Windowed mode, I can't make it take up the entire screen? And if I do fullscreen, I can't Alt+Tab?

Some other general questions:

If I have a controller, is there a way to select the chat log so I can actually talk without using my mouse? (That's retarded that you have to select the chat log everytime you want to use /say or /tell by the way)

Is there a /sea all type of command?
Vawn
call me housecoat

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am about to throw my PC out the window. This game is unplayable for me and is really depressing. I am constantly lagging beyond belief. Often it won't show my animations for attacking, and I swear I'm getting about 2 FPS on my graphics. My connection speed is almost always Yellow.

I tried relogging into FFXI to see if maybe my Internet was just acting up today, but FFXI still runs fine. I've already set the graphics about as low as they can go, so I'm running out of ideas.
Demin
Freeman
Freeman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is your PC Config?
Vawn
call me housecoat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am upgrading to Windows 7 (from XP). A lot of people believe that is a major culprit in why the game is running so poorly for me. If that doesn't work, I'll try upgrading my processor. My graphics card should be good enough (Radeon HD 5770).
Eisen
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm about ready to call it with XIV. I downloaded the H2010 patch through a torrent and when I launch the beta, it is still trying to update to H2010 and is still stuck at 7.4%
Glistam
I plead the Third
I plead the Third

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vawn wrote:
Every time I first click "Reply" it takes me back to the main forum page. The second time it allows me to post. Not sure what's going on there.

I'm not sure why, what browser are you using? I don't have the problem when using IE7 or Chrome.

I got my Beta key today, and found out that I don't have Service Pack 2 installed (?) - which is weird because I thought I'd kept up to date on my windows "critical" updates. Once I've gotten some updates and restarts out of the way I hope to be alongside you all.

What I've been doing.
What I'm also doing.
What I wish I did more of.
What I've done.
Eisen
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it pass the H2010. Now it is getting stuck at 99.8% with today's patch. I downloaded it from three different places and it is still always getting stuck at 99.8%.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> FFXIV - Final Fantasy Online II All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: