The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I might be losing Latch, since no one at SE can help me

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> FFXI - Final Fantasy Online
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vawn
call me housecoat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:31 am    Post subject: I might be losing Latch, since no one at SE can help me Reply with quote

I posted this rambling of mine on alla, I will repeat here. I hope someone here can offer any advice on how I might be able to fix this problem.

Quote:

Here is what's going on. My credit card expired, so we were issued our new ones. I need to update my payment information on my two accounts. On the first one, everything update fine. When I attempted to update the other, it gave me a message stating I either entered the information incorrectly or the system was busy. I checked my information, it was correct and tried again. Same message.

I gave it some time, thinking maybe the server really was busy. A few hours later the same problem. I waited until the next day, but got the same message again. I dreaded calling PlayOnline, but did it. After being on hold for a while, I get through. I tell the person my problem, his solution was to just keep trying. I told him I had tried for the last two days, but he kept saying all I could do is to keep trying.

Frustrated, I told friends in game, who mentioned you can only try once per day. Apparantly, the CS rep did not know that, or just did not want to relay that information to me. So, I just kept trying, once a day or once every other day (to ensure at least 24 hours passed). I call SE again and am told the same thing. They can't help me, all I can do is to keep trying. I ask, what happens in a few weeks if I am still unable to change the information and am told "just keep trying sir... anything else you need today?"

So, I try again for another week or so and get desperate enough for to grab another credit card to try it on. I try this new credit card and get the same message. After three weeks of this, I am down to a short time before my account of over five years gets cancelled. I make another call to SE and get a surprisingly friendly CS rep. I thought he might actually to finally help me. I told him my problem and he said, "oh, I'll need to transfer you for that". So he did.

After another long wait, the lady who answered was incredibly rude. I can't explain this well, but her voice as soon as she said "hello" was in a tone that sounded like she was expecting an arguement, even before I said anything. I tell her my situation and she told me what I've been told before "just keep trying, anything else?". I restated that I have been trying almost daily for the last three weeks on multiple credit cards and getting the same message. Either I was doing something wrong or they had a problem on their end.

She then told me something along the lines of "thousands of people manage to update their information without a problem sir, we can't help you if you cannot". This irritated me as it sounded like she was implying I wasn't smart enough to figure out how to change my information correctly. I knew this something I was doing wrong since I changed the information a few weeks back for my other account without incident. But, I decided to roll with it. I said "ok, well I must be doing something wrong. Please stay on the phone with me and walk me through the correct way to update my information." She replies in a very irritated voice "That is not my job sir."

At this point, I have left irritated behind and am offically pissed off. I tell her if it isn't her job, then to transfer me to someone who does have job. She tells me, no one has that job here, their payment information is handled automatically. No one there can help me. And of course, "Is there anything else you need today?" At this point, I am convinced, no one will help me, but I was too angry to get off the phone, so I repeated some of my previous questions, such as "will my account be cancelled if this does not get resolved". She'd reply "yes" and I'd replay "ok, how can we resolve this then?". Which she replied "I told you many times sir, just keep trying. No one can help you. Anything else?"

I finally gave up, defeated. And said "no..." and hung up. After the numerous attempts, I have no reason to believe it will magically start working, but I guess I will continue to try and hope I do not lose my account.

I'm sorry, I realize that was just a rant, with no real purpose but to express my sadness that one of the best gaming companies has quite possibly the worst customer service that I have ever had to deal with. Also, if anyone can give me more information than the SE CS reps on this issue (which I wouldn't at all be surprised at), I would greatly appreciate it.
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's one thing that I always hated about FFXI. The customer service was just horrible.

Sorry to hear about this dude, that really sucks. You have a lot more restraint than me, though, I'd really have let that bitch have it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> FFXI - Final Fantasy Online All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: