The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Baccano!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chowda
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:33 am    Post subject: Baccano! Reply with quote

http://www4.funimation.com/baccano/

The first four episodes appeared on my digital cable ondemand this week. I'm captivated by it, but I have no clue what the fuck is going on as every scene seems to jump to a different year. It may also be one of the first animes y'all would like in English as they have those fast talking 1930's accents seeeee.

Here's a positive review

Anyone else catch this yet?

"Don't like the anime so much....but this just looks....well....."holy shit awesome." Crush exhibiting his superb observational skills referring to this movie

Last edited by chowda on Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
CrushFearSynth
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naw, seee. I ain't seen it, seeee. I'm planning on it now, though.

I just wish anime artists would get away from that whole...uh...anime-y look. You know, every character looking exactly the same except for hair color and shape, and the presence of boobs.
chowda
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, and even though that review credits the series for making each character different, I'm still getting lost. I guess when you have 30 lead characters and a non-linear timeline you are meant to get lost. Very Happy

But I'm an episode or so from getting to the seminal event from happening. It may be easier to follow. Then again, they may not reveal it until the last episode with the way the story is told.

"Don't like the anime so much....but this just looks....well....."holy shit awesome." Crush exhibiting his superb observational skills referring to this movie
midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baccano is good stuff.
chowda
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finish the series last night (there's three more bonus episodes I haven't gotten to yet). I thought it ramped up and got me emotionally involved around episode 9, but 10,11 and 12 didn't escalate into the finale as much as I would have liked. Still, a very good series. Takes a lot for me to get into an anime, and this one did the job.

Deathforce
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was by far one of the better animes I have watched in the last few years
Vy
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if I like American story line anime... so I don't know if I would watch this, unless I run out of stuff to watch. I love my Netflix, I get to watch tons of anime so I'm sure after my list gets lower then 100 I might add it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Anime All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: