The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dungeons and Dragons Online
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Online Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SPyder
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Alright, it's killin me. I know that curiousity killed the cat and all, but I am am bi/gay/curious! How is this fucking game? Any release date? Throw me a frickin bone. Been out to sea for two months... Need the info.... and all that crap. I know there is a NDA on this but kick me a 'It's good' or 'Rot in hell' or 'Nanana I got in the alpha/beta and you didn't!" Twisted Evil

EDIT: Well nevermind, Looks like I am in! Woot!
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got an e-mail. I just got an e-mail. I just got an e-mail. Wonder who it's from!

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
SPyder
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Santa?
Haven
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my invite. w00t!
Immyls
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rock on!! pm me your name, and i'll look for you.
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, since no one asked me for my name (and because I don't feel the need to keep them secret), I'll post mine here:

Tifaedra Evensong (Elf Bard)
Vilentia Novaflare (Human Wizard)
Chargin Battlerager (Dwarf Cleric)

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
Immyls
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

currently, my only is Shea (human sorcerer)
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got around to registering for beta. Who knows if it will go through or not.
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Immyls
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, now i also have a warforged fighter named mirsh. he's prolly who i'll be playing(i like to tank.)
Glistam
I plead the Third
I plead the Third

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I've been doing.
What I'm also doing.
What I wish I did more of.
What I've done.
Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Betas over as of today unless you pre-ordered... anyone else still playing? I wasn't, but tried to fire it up tonight with no success.

I played more in the very early beta. I logged in about a week ago and made a new character and tried it out. What did everyone think?

I thought it was a mildly enjoyable low commitment type MMORPG. I didn't get far enough in that I had to start grouping, but that interface wasn't really "done" when I played. I liked the DM and dungeons kind of, but never got to a spot with a real "outside" and that made me feel somewhat clausterphopic, and made the first M of MMORPG feel more like "minimally" than "massively".

Lotan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My experience with the game wasn't great. I loved some of the aspects of the game... specifically the stealth and the spell system transfer from the PnP version. I love the "Thief" take on stealth!

Things I didn't like:

The loot tables for the very early encounters was far too chaotic for a MMOG. For the same chest with different characters, I would get 20 arrows and XX sp then on a different occasion a Masterwork Splint Mail armor and Masterwork Morningstar.

Grouping seemed not to work right for me. Every group I was in, I felt useless regardless of the character I was playing and the dungeon I was doing.

The environment. I never cared for this Oberron setting before I knew anything about it and I cared even less for it when I was introduced to it with this game.

Too many instances. This coming from a person who enjoyed (and might still) Guild Wars and it's instances. The difference between them is that if my group had a quest that I didn't and we meet up at the entrance to the quest, I wasn't allowed in if I didn't have the quest. Totally ridiculous. This may have been changed, but it was what finally stopped my playing the game.

Quote:

SPyder
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

I don't know if I can agree with you on something Lotan. To say this is a low 'commitment game' is way off. I played the beta for about a month and never managed to actually reach level 2. The 'mini-dings' in the game did not make up for a lack of character skill development. I was sooo looking forward to this game and jumping out of my shoes when I got the Beta (and I love the Ebberon world idea). I will not be picking this one up though.... I do agree about the 'minimally' thing as well.
Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played the majority of the thing in an early beta, and I'm pretty sure xp was scaled up, so you're probably right. I think I hit level 2 or 3, but I don't remember to be honest. Maybe I was close to 3 and they whiped my character Sad

I just never really felt like I had to be online constantly or anything, but I'm sure later in the game it gets worse.

Lotan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone is interested in getting back into this, it's free now. I'm currently downloading it and will be checking it out over the next few weeks to see what I think.

I looked at a couple of reviews online and all that I saw seem to have pretty good things to say about it. These were reviews for the renamed, free version.
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. - Albert Einstein
"Raccoons oscillate at 50Hz in Europe." - FAWBOTS
"I'm not sure I'm up for orgy scrabble parties" - Female Friend
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been micro-transaction for a while now. You can also play free (froobs) or pay to play. Paying gives you access to more content and currency to buy stuff online.
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figure as long as I can enjoy the game without having to pay anything, I'll be happy. If I happen to enjoy it so much that I'm willing to spend money on it, then it just means they've created a great game, sort of like LoL (Kog'Maw rocks!).
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. - Albert Einstein
"Raccoons oscillate at 50Hz in Europe." - FAWBOTS
"I'm not sure I'm up for orgy scrabble parties" - Female Friend
Glistam
I plead the Third
I plead the Third

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been dabbling with this a little and I can't say it's really impressing me. But maybe once I finally make it past the starter town my experience will improve.

What I've been doing.
What I'm also doing.
What I've done.
Glistam
I plead the Third
I plead the Third

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Playing on the Cannith Server. If you're playing, feel free to look up Glistam or Aprilrose.

What I've been doing.
What I'm also doing.
What I've done.
Izane Bricks
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed

Quote:
I've been dabbling with this a little and I can't say it's really impressing me. But maybe once I finally start paying for premium content my experience will improve.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Online Games All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: