The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bastards.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> WoW - World of Warcraft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haven
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:30 pm    Post subject: Bastards. Reply with quote

I'm happily WoW-free, and yet the bastards at Blizzard are hell-bent on PULLING ME BACK IN. Well, I won't return, I tell you.... I WON'T!
Resheph
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude....I wanna play a Worgen...

When Paul (deathforce) installed the other day, and Shannon told me she was updating....I got mine all updated, but couldn't push myself to put my CC info in...

midget wrote:
vagina = chaos
CrushFearSynth wrote:
She thinks I'm weird compared to you? Dude, I thought you should audition for American Serial Killer when I met you.
Haven
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<------*Gives Chase detailed directions to the Champions thread*

Resistance is Futile. You will be assimilated.
Resheph
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be waiting for a free week trial or something along those lines to try the game before spending the money on it.

midget wrote:
vagina = chaos
CrushFearSynth wrote:
She thinks I'm weird compared to you? Dude, I thought you should audition for American Serial Killer when I met you.
Haven
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<------*Gives Chase detailed directions to the Champions thread*

Resistance is Futile. You will be assimilated.

Seriously, go to the champs thread.
Resheph
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah just saw. Will have to keep an eye on the page for more info about open beta.

midget wrote:
vagina = chaos
CrushFearSynth wrote:
Deathforce
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No don't fall for his tricks!
SPyder
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:06 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Deathforce wrote:
No don't fall for his tricks!

Quiet fool! You will be assimilated! Just quit your bitching and except it. Wow is releasing this cool patch because their rule is being threatened. Down with the King.
Deathforce
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I hate to burst your bubble but the king is going to be just that for a while yet. I think the only thing that will replace WoW as the primer MMO is blizzards next MMO.
Haven
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, if anything beats WoW, it'll be WoW.

All MMOs suffer from the ravages of time. Eventually, the masses will wander off. Also, I think the policy they seem to have adopted that makes them keep lowering the difficulty level of everything, plus the way they discard their older content, is going to bite them in the ass.

WoW will be around for a loooooong, long time. I mean, EQ1 is still running, for the love of pete.

I actually *want* WoW to succeed. More MMO players in the market is a good thing, and I love Blizzard's games. I wouldn't mind if those players were spread out a little more, but hey, that's economics for you.
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Also, I think the policy they seem to have adopted that makes them keep lowering the difficulty level of everything,

Just because there is easy content does not mean everything is easy, trust me. As someone who is working on Algalon right now I can assure you, the current content compares to Sunwell in difficulty, and only 5% of the entire playerbase saw that place.
Haven
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I get that. I did the end-game raiding scene... I was speaking to the overall. Nerfing the levelling curve, mount requirements, all that.

It seems the content has two settings: Most of it is set to "Fisher Price", and the top-most Raid Of The Moment is set to "Wood Chipper".

And I like the Wood Chipper philosophy. They need content that makes players feel like they accomplished something. That's why I don't like them watering down the stuff that let *everyone* feel like that.

Anyhow.... Yeah. I'll likely return to Azeroth at some point, I always do. But in the meantime, I'ma get my Cape on.
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, levelling shouldn't be that hard though, it's just levelling. I understand it being more challenging at launch, because the game is new, but now, meh. Same with mount requirements, and all that, it's just convenience.

If you like to roll your face across your keyboard then there's 5-mans, which are, as you said, basically Fisher Price difficulty.

Up from that you can do normal mode raids, Naxx specifically is a total joke, Ulduar is a fair challenge later on, and then if you want a real challenge you can do hard modes.

Then of course there's PvP. You can just screw around in BGs and Wintergrasp or be serious and do arena.

I like where the game is now personally, the dumbing down of some stuff doesn't bother me. So they're trying to appeal to the masses and draw more people in, it works, and they're a business, look at the Wii's success. As long as they still appeal to the more hardcore then everyone's happy.

And easy content isn't something completely new. I get what you're saying totally, if you compare now to Vanilla, and how insane some of the dungeons were and such, but try looking at it differently. You say you dislike the watering down of content because it let everyone feel that sense of accomplishment, but in my opinion, it's the exact opposite. Now there's easier content for more casual, or less skilled players, and goals they can do (achievements were a great idea) and they can feel accomplished too. Some people farmed Karazhan for a year straight, week after week, and never saw another raid apart from the occasional Gruul's, and that was fine for them.

Hell, my girlfriend's mom isn't a gamer by any means, but she has an 80 warlock and enjoys doing the abstract achievements and levelling professions, and all that kind of thing. Never runs dungeons, doesn't have a guild, etc. And that works for her.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell, I wish they'd "Fisher Price" some of the Azeroth raids more so I can actually get the achievements for them. Who the hell wants to do Onyxia or Molten Core anymore? No one in my guild... The only people that seem to want that are the freaks that are trying to stay at level 60. And I NEVER get into any of the Netherstorm instances since nobody cares...
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What class do you play? Most of that stuff is soloable, a lot of classes can solo Onyxia, and if not solo, you can 2 or 3 man very very easily. Even stuff like MC and BWL are low-mannable, we did both of those with 5, same with AQ20, 10 people for AQ40, and I've solo'd ZG, but again, easily 2-mannable if you don't play something that can solo.
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, speaking of Onyxia, and Haven's comment about discarding old content, they're rehashing Onyxia's Lair as a 10/25 man lv80 raid in the next minor patch.
Deathforce
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akuma wrote:
Also, speaking of Onyxia, and Haven's comment about discarding old content, they're rehashing Onyxia's Lair as a 10/25 man lv80 raid in the next minor patch.

woohoo!!!
Haven
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
they're rehashing Onyxia's Lair as a 10/25 man lv80 raid in the next minor patch.

That's exactly the kind of thing I'd like to see!

That, and Heroic Old-World and BC dungeons, tuned for 80, and retuned every time the level cap changes.

I mean, Heroic Deadmines? Hell yes.
Deathforce
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wold go gaga for a heroic shadowfang keep.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HEROIC DEADMINES! MOAR!!!!
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> WoW - World of Warcraft All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: