The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cataclysm, the next expansion
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> WoW - World of Warcraft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Logged on my 29 Belf hunter (who is no more as I hate Belfs). I was in Tarren Mill. Prior to the patch, I was nearly out of quests. After logging in, I find that the level range got jacked up and there were yellow exclamation points all over the place. Oh, and I was disoriented as all the new Forsaken buildings and layouts messed with my mind.

I promptly mailed my BoAs to my new undead hunter.

Oh, this reminds me. When do wolves get Furious Howl??? My wolf is 10 and he doesn't have it.
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not for quite a while, I think it's a deep talent.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Petopia says it's a Pet Skill, not a talent. Did they change that recently?
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pets have talent trees too.
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right though, it's just straight learned. Level 20.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha. I suspect it's because Human hunters start with a wolf. Wouldn't want a level 1 hunter to get +5% crit, now would we?
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

srs bsns. I think you will see very few hunters using wolves since they were pigeonholed into it in WotLK, and now that all pets are equal, most players will want to take advantage of that freedom.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love my bear for tanking for the -10% physical damage AoE debuff, but the bears are borked using it. They always use it when they are running up to the mob while still out of range for the debuff to affect them. It's really friggin annoying. I need to look to see what other tenacity pets have until they fix that.
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could just turn off the automatic on it and keybind it so you can use it manually.
Phoenixhr
Brigadier Aspirant
Brigadier Aspirant

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my wife the ghost bear (spirit beast) 2 weeks ago. I fucking love that thing. i can't wait till i get my hunter up to 74 for my own =D
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as keybinding the command, I'll have to see if I can macro it to go when I Steady Shot or Kill Command. Hopefully it will let me do that and a normal GCD on the same button. I tend to forget about debuffs like that unless they are automatic or rolled in with a macro.
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it'll work, since you and your pet have your own independent GCDs.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess that's what I'll do.

I guess the question is now: How does one make a pet use an ability like that? /petcast spellname?

If so, I'll do:

Code:
#showtooltip Steady Shot
/cast Steady Shot
/petcast Demoralizing Roar

and:

Code:
#showtooltip Kill Command
/cast Kill Command
/petcast Demoralizing Roar

---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually you just put /cast for pet abilities, just like you would anything else. I couldn't remember offhand, but just logged in to check my mage's Freeze macro.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is everyone ready for the Azerothian sky to be darkened tomorrow?

No, I don't mean Death Wing blotting out the sun.

I mean everyone flying in Azeroth. I'm told it's only 250gp, so that should make it nice for everyone.

Now the only people that go through the gates of Orgrimmar are the <60 players, the RPers and the Duelers (there are too many of those as it is).
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking I'll be hitting Vash'jir first, but I'm not 100% decided yet. What's everyone else thinking?
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't even looked at where the new content is. I need to figure out where the new content starts.

I'll be out Tuesday through Thursday late, so that will give the fast levelers a chance to make it through the quest lines. I won't have to compete for a quest mob or mobs as much. I likes that.

I'm hoping the Rested XP reset only happens to level 80s... It will kinda piss me off that my 76 Druid that has full rested gets reset, too.
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm up and on my way to buy my collector's edition! Have the day off work and I'm ready to go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> WoW - World of Warcraft All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: