The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Perky Pug

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> WoW - World of Warcraft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: Perky Pug Reply with quote

As some of you may know with the new dungeon system a new achievement was implemented: PUG with 100 random people using the dungeon tool and you get a Perky Pug pet. I grinded my brains out the past couple days to get it because I really wanted it, but the best part was the letter that came with it.

Resheph
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bahahahaha that is SO fucking awesome!
And...holy balls man, 100 people in 3 days? God damn that's a lotta puggin. I've been putting it off, just because I've been questing and doing other random BS. Finally ran Forge of Souls and Pit of Saron today, we kept wiping on Halls of Reflection though, that place fucking blows. I dunno what it was, I think it was our DK tank not being able to grab aggro fast enough when the new spawns came. The footmen were 2 shotting me (not very well geared, only 24k health ret pally, I'd go from about 22k to 4k in one shot from the footmen) and it kept happening to us DPS. But we also weren't 'all there' so to speak. I'll give it a shot again tomorrow.

Curious, how many Hilt's have you seen drop? Someone was selling one for 2k yesterday, I'm kickin myself in the ass for not just swiping it up. My luck with drops is terrible, I'll probably have to run the place a thousand times to see it drop, and when I finally get one, a second one will probably drop the same run, and they'll probably drop the subsequent runs while doing the quests.... Laughing

midget wrote:
vagina = chaos
CrushFearSynth wrote:
She thinks I'm weird compared to you? Dude, I thought you should audition for American Serial Killer when I met you.
TeflonJon
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw a few people with this, and even have a few in my guild that have hit the 100 mark. I'm not even close to it yet myself though. Love the internet meme in the note. I haven't seen the hilt drop at all yet, but I've only run FoS, PoS twice and HoR once.
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HoR is really rough. Our guild is decked in last tier's best in slot suits and it is still really tough for us, I come close to dying tanking that place during the waves of spirits.

Sadly I haven't seen a single hilt drop yet, and I really want a Que'dalar for my DPS spec. I've run FoS and PoS twice, and HoR thrice, but no luck. A couple people in my guild have Quel'dalars already though.

2k though, man, I'd have snatched that SO fast. I haven't seen it cheaper than 10k on Doomhammer.
Resheph
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well after reading about people seeing it drop twice in a run, off trash no less, I wasn't too worried about it at the time... Laughing 5k is the 'crazy' price it's going for on our server...

midget wrote:
vagina = chaos
CrushFearSynth wrote:
She thinks I'm weird compared to you? Dude, I thought you should audition for American Serial Killer when I met you.
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard of double drops in the same run as well, WTB their luck. The fact that it's BoE is stupid as crap though, because when I do see it drop some fag will ninja it to sell on the AH.

Oh well.
Mishlai
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lootmaster.

The meme reference is great. Also, I posted about my <3 for the random dungeon in another thread 'cuz I didn't see this one. I've just been doing the one a day that you get xtra loot for.

Fucking act like it.

"The stars died so that you could be here today" - Lawrence Krauss

"The universe is huge and old, and rare things happen all the time." - Lawrence Krauss
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loot gets set to Need before Greed in groups formed with the dungeon tool, and it can't be changed to reduce the opportunity for ninjas. I've just been running the IC heroics with guildmates.
Mishlai
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah. I'm not sure if that's unfortunate or a good idea.

Fucking act like it.

"The stars died so that you could be here today" - Lawrence Krauss

"The universe is huge and old, and rare things happen all the time." - Lawrence Krauss
TeflonJon
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using the random tool you can repeat heroic dungeons. I ended up doing FoS 3 times last night. Trying to explain to people that we should clear the entire instance, since it can drop off trash as well, has been a harder task then I thought it would be. I know several people that talked about clearing all the trash at the intro of PoS, exit and reset the instance. Lather, rinse, repeat. None of them had managed to get a drop yet though.
Leedon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... No picture of you actually pugging out with your pug out?
It makes no sense to me.

-Flirtin' with Disaster, Molly Hatchet
TeflonJon
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need 10 more people before I get mine. I'll probably have it before tomorrow, so if you really want I can screenshot it.
TeflonJon
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So here's the pug:

And here's a few pictures for Christmas, myself in the Winter regalia as well as 40 of us in gnome costumes mounted on reindeer doing the For the Horde and BB King achievements:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> WoW - World of Warcraft All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: