The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Introduction thread (Please introduce yourself here)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Spam and New Members
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glistam
I plead the Third
I plead the Third

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:19 am    Post subject: Introduction thread (Please introduce yourself here) Reply with quote

Almost everyone who posts here is connected to someone else in some way. We started with a group of us all being friends from the Navy, and then others joined our ragtag group as we branched out into other things. There's no real format to this introduction thread, the only thing we ask is that you give us some indication of how those of us here may know you. You're so-and-so's sibling, you were/are a co-worker of one of us, play an online game with us, etcetera. Even if you're brand new, have no connection with anyone here at all, and just wanted to begin posting, let us know that too. It'll stop our guessing. Anything else you wish to provide is optional.

Also, please keep this thread clean. If you feel the need to comment to someone about something they posted, please either PM them or start a new thread about it.

As for me, my real name's Dave. I'm currently 28 years old and work as an Engineer in Connecticut. I was in the Navy as a Nuke with many of the folks here, and I credit myself as the reason the brigade is named the "Blue Elephant Brigade." I play only one MMORPG now (FFXI) but have played other games as well. I rarely use "Glistam" as my name in an online game so to see who I am in a game you'll need to check out the current games thread, in the online games section. My hobbies include watching various anime, playing dice and paper RPG's, reading, and playing video games. I'm married with two children and that about sums up my brief description.

*puts the mic back on the stand and walks off the stage*

What I've been doing.
What I'm also doing.
What I wish I did more of.
What I've done.

Last edited by Glistam on Sat May 09, 2009 1:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Ryrra
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I am Patti.  Ryrra is my FFXI Character so I decided to go with that this time.  I also was in the Navy and know a lot of people who frequently this board because of my husband who will post an intro later I am sure.  I am currently a student working toward a BS in applied nuclear technologies.  I work part time as a lifeguard and swimming lessons instructor.  I have a daughter who is great and two dogs. My hobbies are crocheting and school and I play FFXI to have something that Yobun and I can do together.
I guess that is me in a short paragraph.
Lotan
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:12 am    Post subject: Breaking the silence Reply with quote

Hello!  I'm Anastasia in game, or Jesse in real life.  I joined the brigade via Final Fantasy, my first, last, and only linkshell.  I'm a 28 year old Software Engineer who lives in Phoenix, AZ.  I'm currently going back to school while I work full time, and trying to finally get a degree.

As for the screen name, that's a long story I'm finally going to share with the public....  

I've just decided to put it in another thread.  Smile

Ana
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Immyls
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

::tap, tap::

Is this thing on?

::Blows at mike::

Ouch, hate that static noise...  I guess its on though.  

I'm Immyls, otherwise known as Allen, and, like most people here (the ones who aren't in denial anyway) I'm an addic....

Whats that?  Ohh....  Sorry, wrong intro.  That one must be later...

Seriously, though, I'm Allen, and I was, like quite a few here, a nuke in the navy.  Unlike most of those here, however, I'm still one.  Back in the day, when we were still all on the same ship, I carved a likeness of our mascot for Leedon, which he has since painted.  I'm definitly a gamming addict, but prefer the pen and paper variaty when given the choise.  Currently I'm playing World of Warcraft, at least intermitently, but my hours usually don't coincide with anyone else's, so I don't play too often.  

Ok, so thats me, and if you are in Hawaii, look me up.  I'd offer to show you around, but I don't really know where anything is, other than a couple of good beaches.

Edits: Ok, so i'm not in hawaii anymore. Washington state now, about 75 miles from Hatte. Not playing WOW anymore either. Oh, and I'm about to go to a boat thats about to leave, so I'll be scarce for a while. But I'll have lots of picks when I get back. And maybe some new yahoos to post here.

Edits some more: OK, so not washington state anymore. Now Japan, ironically on the Washington ship. Now I'm really off as far as hours go (or days), but that is ok, as the only online game I play right now is Kingdom of Loathing. Oh, and I'm about to go off on another glamourous trip around the far east, so I'll still be scarce.

Last edited by Immyls on Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
tsakiki
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play Tsakiki on Lakshmi in FFXI. I was in a party with Yobun and Midget in early December, and they both really impressed me as being good people and the kind of players I really admire. When I read on Allakhazam that ClanBEB was looking for a few new members at Christmas time, I asked Yobun if I could join. My former linkshell, ClanTen, is my husband's old SOCOM clan, and is very tiny.

I've been reluctant in recent years to use my real name in forums, so I guess I'll stick with Kiki for now. I live halfway between Toronto and Buffalo. I was born in Minnesota, went to high school in California, lived in Massachusetts for a bunch of years, and moved back to California before falling in love with a Canadian and moving to Canada over seven years ago. I also hate telling people how old I am, but I'm old enough to remember seeing Star Wars in the theaters during its original release.

I manage a group of software developers at one of the banks in Toronto. I miss being a programmer, but management seemed the logical place for me to be at this point in my career.

I never really played video games much, though I did have a minor addiction to Rogue and Nethack back in the day (any Unix geeks present?). My husband and I got a PlayStation six years ago, and then a PlayStation 2 at the launch, but it wasn't until we'd had our PS2 for over a year that I really got drawn in. Dark Cloud, Suikoden III, Final Fantasy X, Xenosaga, Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance I & II, and Champions of Norrath (especially with 2 player co-op and online play!) were the games I liked best, with FFX being my favorite. I also have a GBA and played Golden Sun I & II, Tactics Ogre, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, and FFI&II: Dawn of Souls while commuting. Since FFXI came out for PS2 last March, I really haven't played any other game. This game has pretty much consumed my life. It's a good thing we don't have kids, because Children's Services would have taken them away from me by now.

I used to enjoy reading books and seeing movies. Maybe I will again some day. Favorite movies include Donnie Darko, Blade Runner, and Brazil. Favorite bands are the Cure, Echo and the Bunnymen, Radiohead, Coldplay, Throwing Muses, Siouxsie and the Banshees.
SPyder
Brigadier Trainee
Brigadier Trainee

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Hi. Names Michael. I in the navy. I met Haven, Guybacca, and Mongolio when I transferred to Georgia. Guybacca and Mongolio got out soon after that. I was drug kicking and screaming into the world of Starwars and have not been able to stop since. Soon after beginning play, Haven introduced me to the BEB.
I enjoy reading, gaming, writing (one day I will finish my book), and riding roller coasters. In other words I am your typical carbon copy uber geek. Hehe Girls smell good!

Last edited by SPyder on Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:07 am; edited 2 times in total
Yobun
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep it’s me. Like all the original members I too was in the navy and was a nuke electronic tech. since then I have gotten out and I am going to school just about full time and take care of my daughter while my wife is at school or lifegaurding. ryrra/lifegaurd is my wife btw. I am a few credits from getting my BSAST and after I get that I will be getting a quick 2 year degree in something to do with computers, just something quick that I will enjoy.

I have too many interest to list here, let me just say that if it exist I am interested in it and I usually have it, can talk about it, build it, use it, or knows someone that does. This leads into my name but that is for a different thread.

As for my real name I don't care if people that I already know, know it. My deal is that I love the net because people are completely free to create their first impression and everything is up to them. No race, gender, accent, color that you can't change in RL. So if you want to know my name I don't have a problem saying after we know each other. I think that covers it.
Talula
Migrant
Migrant

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, my name is Tricia.  I'm married to Trow.  We have two kids and live in the middle of nowhere right now, but I'm originally from Florida.

My characters are Talula on Lakshmi (FFXI) and Perenolde (WoW).  Most of my free time is spent playing one of those games.  Outside of that, I love books.  I'll read just about anything, I like almost all genres and styles.  A few of my favs are Greek Mythology, True Crime novels and anything by Kurt Vonnegut.  

See you around~
Madhatte
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdy, folks.  'Hatte here, Arch-Nemesis of Leedon and Future Arch-Dictator of the Universe (Known and Unknown).  Yet another Ex-Navy-Nuke type, I've been gaming with some of these guys for years.  I like 'em.  That's why I keep playing, and it's why I keep posting.  I'm currently a student again after a ten-year hiatus, and pretty excited about my future again.  I had kind of forgotten how that felt while I was in the Navy.  I'm pretty much your garden-variety geek except for the fact that I specialize in music and plants as well as all of your regular geek pursuits.  Also, though much has been made of the size of my head, it really isn't THAT big.  OK, it's a bit larger than normal, but nothing grotesque.  I just thought I ought to mention that.  You know, for posterity's sake.

We are going to have to stick a pin in a map, set fire to something and carry on until the earth looks flat! -- RandyMac

I could teach you to how file a washer to make it worth a nickel but if you really want to make big bucks just take a penny and drill a hole in it and it becomes a washer and is worth a dime. -- Art Martin, Old-Time Logger
Vy
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: My name is..... my name is... not Slim Shady Reply with quote

Well i liked the other intro better... but no one started it off like that so i'll just go with a simple intro  Wink

SWF, 29, 5'11", red hair, green eyes, N/S, N/D. ISO.... oh sry wrong thread  Embarassed

Gen is the name.. and yes thats Gennifer with a G. I found this "family" by way of "Izan" (my fiance in game).  I live in Las Vegas, born in Texas and graduated college in New Mexico. I have a son named David.  I'm a beach, open air and sun lover. I prefer the heat rather than the cold weather.  Love to watch movies and don't feel like listing all my likes and dislikes. This is my first MMORPG and more then likely my last, really dont want to dedicate my life to playing games and I get addicted to attention too easy  Laughing

oh well take it easy......
Eisen
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*stands behind Vynala making bunny ears on her*
*does a super high jump and lands in front of her*

*snatches mic out of Vy's hand and /points and /laugh*
My name is Adam (Yes, that is Adam with an A).  Really shy... but I don't seem to show that.  Very quiet irl.... until someone mentions games.  I'm a gamer... always have been and always will be.  My first FF game was FFVII and I was HOOKED.  First game I can remember playing is Zelda...  I'm a music lover.  I'll listen to almost anything but I HATE RAP and HIP HOP.  Favorite right now are acoustics.  I'm different in-game than I am outside the game.  I don't remember how I found the ClanBEB site but I was very excited to find that the LS was on the same server.  I sent Yobun a /tell and told him I enjoy helping people and if I could have a pearl.  I'm a private person.  If you want to know more you'll have to ask in private.

Last edited by Eisen on Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Izane Bricks
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where to begin.... I met Glistam when he was a new hire at work, and we were forced to share my cubicle, so naturally we got to talking. He would tell me about his Navy days, and eventually he introduced me to tabletop RPGs. Little by little he revield his clan, and eventually linked me to the original geocities site. I've been an active member of the forums since inception, and when FFXI came out, I joined Yobun in ClanBEB.

My name is Ike, I live in Connecticut, and I am going to school for a BS in Electrical Engineering.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Itera
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I play Itera the friendy Galka in FFXI willing to help out anyone in the world of Lakshmi.  I got addicted to this game last July.  My RL son got me started, he plays Rovont. My RL name is Bill and I have been in the computer field for 21 years.  Currently running a computer consulting company in Eastern PA.  I am married with one son (Rovont).  

I found this group in the game by its reputation and wonderful maps (Thanks, Yobun).  Everyone in the group really makes this a great time.

Last edited by Itera on Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Mojobacca
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well.  I am Mojobacca.  Overmind of the Swarm.  Bringer of Nukes.  Picker of the Pockets.  Bacca of the Mojo.

Seriously though, like the 90% or the older regime, I'm ex-navy.  I was one who helped make the BEB what it was in the beginning.  Not because I was in it, but because I was the enemy.  Back in MW4 we would play together alot and smash bots.  That got boring and we started smashing each other.  We decided to break into 2 factions:  Blue Elephant Brigade was the first one formed <Haven, Leedon, Glistam and Yobun if I remember right.>.  Luckily I got stuck with the incompetent ones and formed (NOT my choice for the title) Orange Llama Legion.  *Interesting factoid:  The OLL was the first to have a website... if you want to call it that.*  ANYWAY... after many deaths of the Brigadeers to my hand with little help from my team, I opted to leave the OLL and be a merc.  Joined up officially sometime after many hints to check out the old site.  (Man are Glistam, Haven, Leedon and Yobun persistant!)

We have played many a game together with Starcraft (Overmind extraordinaire or the first person fingered when "Nuclear Launch Detected" was muttered), Mechwarrior (any of them), Warcraft (though not NEAR as much as the other 2) and various MMOGs.

Star Wars fanatic.  I used to think I was the biggest, but I have come to find many who are AT LEAST on par with me for that.

Quote:
DEATHFORCE: There are certainly crazy things you can do with this game, you can generate a world that is 3 times the size of earth before it starts having errors, although I dont know how long it would take to generate a world that large anyways lol

TRASSIN: I'm guessing about 21 days? Assuming you take a break every 7th day or so.
khimaira
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, still a nuke at the inception spot of BEB.  Budding gamer after years of being a game voyeur (learning from a safe distance).  Yobun showed me Kevin Caldwell's AMV of NGE set to "Engel".  I had to see the anime it came from and have been hooked since.

Geek of all trades, Master of none 'cause I'm too lazy. I didn't really get a fair start here. The thread "Khimaira (khi-chan) is a freak" was carried over from the old site. Which was completely unsubstantiated.

I prefer to let people form their own opinions of me from the present and their respective pasts rather than my subjective history.

If you have any questions, I usually don't mind telling about myself in private conversations.  I just don't like to expose myself to the whole world... well, except that one time in Spain. haha(knee-slappin' guffaw)
Trow
Brigadier Aspirant
Brigadier Aspirant

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy crap i just found this thread now! names jason, 23 yrs old, i play Trow in ffxi like tricia(talula) said we have 2 children, maya age 4 and ethan age 2.
I'm a staff sergeant in the Air Force currently stationed in Idaho...... I work weapons systems backshop atm.  for those who know me in the game im sure its hard for them to believe im in charge of fixing millions of dollars worth of aircraft parts.  I joined clanBEB a lil over a year ago, 1st and last LS.  I been playing final fantasy games since the first one came out god knows how many years ago, hmm well thats about it

{Passes the mic}
Emo_Cat
Brigadier Aspirant
Brigadier Aspirant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi im lily =P i am probably the youngest at 14 (yes that young)  i like videogames and some sports (soccer and basketball) and in my free time i play WoW, FFXI or watch TV.  i have been playing FFXI for a while (not sure how long) and i joined this LS when izan (whom i had met before) offered to get me a pearl. =^.^=

Last edited by Emo_Cat on Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Trassin
Brigadier Legate
Brigadier Legate

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, how's it going.  Madhatte was the one that originally got me interested in it.  It's amazing the amount of influence you can have on someone when you sit next to eachother for 5 hours a day every day for 6 months straight.  He got me interested in BEB and I turned him into my minion.  Since then I've been posting both here and on the original site, a memeber of SWG's BEB guild for a while, Head of the BEB Halo 2 guild for a short time, and still playing games with a few BEB'ers when ever I'm not out at sea.  Along with my intrest in games, I'm also a music, comic, and movie geek.  I also spend a fair amount of time training people how to combat zombies here in the BEB community and just being evil.
Maffy
Migrant
Migrant

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I might as well hit up the introduction thread too.

My name is Matt irl (omg, teh manthra!). I'm 23 years old and I live in Canton, Ohio. Recently I graduated from the University of Akron with a degree in English and a minor in Spanish. I learned a lot in college but it has amounted to precisely crap around here as far as careers go. So I got a manufacturing job and I'm saving up to return to school to get educated in a more practical pursuit. I also would like to be a published author someday.

I have all kinds of interests ... many are of the geeky variety. Reading, writing, music (indie rock is my favorite), computers and gaming to name a few. I never really got into D&D or tabletop gaming, but I am huge fan of the Baldur's Gate PC rpgs. The paranormal is a subject that has greatly interested me lately as well. I like to scour the net at times looking up information and reading the sites made by groups who investigate hauntings and such. Sometimes I scare the crap out of myself  Razz . Haha, I don't know if anyone else here even believes in that kind of stuff ... but hook up with any good links any of you might know about.

Basically anything that has to do with ninjas, pirates, robots, samurai, jedi, ghosts, eskimos, zombies (I am fully ready to combat the zombie plague Trassin) or monkeys will automatically hold my interest.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Kagemushi
Migrant
Migrant

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My name is Kagemushi.  My current drug of choice is FFXI, I'm on the Odin server, in-game name is....you guessed it Kagemushi.  

My RL info will remain in RL ~ as a previous poster elluded too, I learned to separate the two as well.  I have a military background, no not Navy.  I found this website by chance as I was browsing the net for FFXI info.  I saw a thread that interested me, felt like posting, registered, posted, and came to introduce myself as it is only good manners to do so.  If I litter your forums with my thoughts, it is only fair that you know who I am.

I started RPGs with Pen and Paper....more congruent to the military lifestyle then MMORPGs (we don't always have connectivity)....but, by virtue of my laziness, enjoy MMORPGs more.  I'm a avid reader of Sci-Fi/Fantasy novels.  

FFXI specific, I'm a mid 60s Ranger so anyone wanting info into this job, I MIGHT be capable of providing a answer.  

/bow  {Nice to meet you}
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Spam and New Members All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: