The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Introduction thread (Please introduce yourself here)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Spam and New Members
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrushFearSynth
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name's Jesse. Been friends with Marionette going on 15 years now, even introduced him to the woman he married. Subletted from him a few years back in VA Beach. Which also makes me the former quasi roommate of Hatte and Ashlad. That about sums up my only connection to this board. Although I am a total gamer, I don't like online games, or multiplayer in general. I don't play well with others. PvP...that's how I roll. Especially when noone else wants to. My other interests include bootstomping industrial music, faking a german accent at socially insensitive opportunities, Tabletop gaming(curiously, I rarely engage in antagonistic behavior for these...barring Warhammer 40k obviously), and more bootstomping industrial music. Marionette, give me the wedding photos soon or I will destroy you and your little dog too!
Blackjakal
Lurker
Lurker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, names Blackjakal of Caffeine HNM ls on Pandemonium a.k.a Pandy. Was just running over things on Allakhazam when I came across your website and ended up reading it top to bottom, only recognizable name I've noticed so far is Ashia, Hey kitty. Razz

Just wanted to give a quick thumbs up to Anastasia and Izan for the really great history readings on the site. Great site you all have up, maybe if I visit another sever for the hell of it I'll drop in on you all, seem like a fun bunch.

Happy holidays to you all, and a merry Christmaqwanzahwanaka to all of you. Wink

75 NIN
75 DRG
75 DRK
75 WAR
53 BLM (And moving...)
"The Reason Hell Grins"™
Q
Squatter
Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm pretty sure I did this once before. But I'm back again. Maybe this time I'll have more free time to visit this site more often.

Well, I don't play FF or Star Wars online like everyone else. I do play Battlefield 2 pretty much every day. I watch anime when I can, but I haven't watched anything lately.

I am still in the Navy where I met most of these guys on good old TR. In Georgia in Radcon hell right now with my wife and daughter. I retire from the Navy in 1035 days, but who's counting. Then maybe I can have a normal life like everyone else, and still have the Navy giving me a check every month for the rest of my life.

Anyone else out there play Battlefield 2 let me know.
FAWBOTS
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madhatte, indeed you have seen me lurking in the shadows of this website, and here I am at long last, spurred onward and into this realm by none other than ashlad himself. Happy to be here.
Howdy folks, many of whom I know, some of who I do not. Myself in a small nutshell: I too am a SOON to be ex-Navy nuke from the TR, and know the likes of madhatte, ashlad, Ren, ah hell - I haven't yet gotten to know all the various aliases for the people I know from the boat - Joe B., Phil, Chris S., Danny F., John H., to name a few. I'll learn them all with time. 28 days until my parole is set to begin at press time of this introduction for me - and soon I will embark in my new civilian life, more than a little ecstatic to be finally moving on.
I originate from Tampa, FL. People who know me well, know me as a generally pissed off person who doesn't like very many people, but truth be told, I actually love everyone... whose name begins with the letter "B", was born in 1978, drives a Volvo, eats anchovies on their pizza, puts their right shoe on first, and walks with a slight limp. Just kidding, just kidding - I'm pretty easy to get along with for the most part.

That's all I can think of for now. It's time for me to go eat some awful navy chow.

P.S. - To answer any as of yet unspoken questions, I coined the term FAWBOTS long ago to sum up everything that has become my navy life. It is an acronym for "F**k A Whole Bunch Of This Sh*t!" The old guys from the boat know the word well.
Quagmire
Brigadier Aspirant
Brigadier Aspirant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone, Most people know me as Quagmire or Raven when I'm gaming. It's Dave M******** in real life. I'm one of those original BEB members who actually started out with mojobacca or guybacca as we used to call him fighting the BEB in MW4 (guess I was one of those incompetent ones on his team) but I still remember a different team name for fighting the BEB besides the OLL (see mojo's post) called the BWW (Black Wookiee Warband) we were the kings. Laughing

Anyway I've played with these guys and have known some of them for probably close to ten years now from our time on the most hated carrier in the navy. For those people who played UO, Starcraft, MW3 & 4, and Jumpgate I was pretty active in my time. But took some time off to pursue schooling. Been out of the Navy for coming up on three years and do not miss going to sea at all or the politics. Currently I am a senior home repair technician and go to people's houses and fix their broken appliances and charge them large amounts of money. Also taking a fairly large course load each semester for college. So I stay pretty busy and haven't gotten to game as much as I used to.

I'm also one of those crazy fools who stayed in Virginia after I got out and ended up buying a house here.

And no I didn't get Quagmire from Family Guy (I get tired of being asked) I was actually looking for a unique name for Jumpgate since all mine were taken and decided to open the dictionary to the letter Q. The rest and the definition are of course history.

*Mongo stealth edit* I always assumed you took the name from Pokemon...

**Leedon Stealth Edit* Mind the personal information sometimes, dudes

***Hatte stealth edit* The Family guy reference works, intended or no. GIGGITY GIGGITY!
dirtyJ
Migrant
Migrant

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all, Mr. Teflon let me know about this site, glad to see that a lot of people are keeping together and in touch and whatnot. The people that know me that are on here remember me as Stevens, but I pretty much go by dirtyJ or DJ everywhere but the navy. Currently have 196 days left in hell. From what I've been able to tell, I only know who two of the people are on here. Quagmire, that chili bar hot dog is still the best one I've ever had, if you remember. As for my gaming and whatnot, been gaming for years and years and years, just started getting serious with it in October 2003. Never have gotten into any MMORPG's, and really don't want to. I've successfully resisted the WoW lure and the FFXI lure as well. I'm 99% FPS games. Very big into Quake 4 and Halo 2. Not pro level at all, but I manage a very good Q4 team, and I'm in like Flynn with MLG management, (big time Halo 2 tournaments.) Before this whole going out to sea thing, back in the yards, I had a weekly radio show, been doing shoutcasting for CAL and some GGL games as well. Pretty much, if it involves competitive or professional gaming, I'm into it.

So yeah, that's about it really. Been blogging a lot on the MLG site, so if you feel like it, head on over and register and look up my profile, same name there and everywhere else I can find. Smile

the DJ
bubbachuggins
Freeman
Freeman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've known these guys (Mojo, Madhatte, Glistam, Stinky, etc. you know who you are) for years and lately have become a transient, both in life and my posting here. I was in the Navy on the Roosevelt from late '98 until June of '03. Currently I work for a company called TJohnE and am a travelling gameshow host. I'll be finishing this job in early summer '06 and moving to Texas and starting college to become some sort of biologist or ecologist. I plan on doing just about the same thing as Madhatte except with animals. I've never really gamed with the group but maybe in the summer I'll start (probably not). I aspire to be a writer one day and use bits and pieces of all the characters I've met through the Navy, the gameshow and the many other professions I'm bound to have. If anyone wants to contact me (not worried about spam or privacy on this account.) my email is bubbachuggins@gmail.com.

Smell the atmosphere of an adult...Become a suit, watch adult intelligence drift.

To quote my own sloganizer "Boobs: comfort in an uncomfortable world."
Leiya
Lurker
Lurker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone-- my name is Leiya in game and Mia otherwise. I started playing FFXI in August 2004 and met Wendell sometime after that, when we were in a group together in one of the jungles. I also know Akuma, Wriath, Splinte, Richelle, Vyce, Mhuirnin, hmm... who else? Hopefully the rest of you soon! I've long admired the maps on your site, and am really happy to be here. It's definitely much nicer than Ohio, where I am currently. I'm a university professor, owner of 3 dogs, and unpaid evangelist for FFXI (just ask my friends). I also will say that I envy all of you currently in New England- I grew up in Maine and miss all the snow. ^^
Chick!
Brigadier Recruit
Brigadier Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My name is Christy and like alot of people I served with several of these guys in the Navy. I'm still here with only a few days to freedom on a ship I like to call "the bad place". I'm headed to Austin, TX when I get out to go back to school and enjoy life a little bit. So far I recognize bubbachuggins, madhatte, stinkybrokenut, Ren (with whom I credit my username), and FAWBOTS. Very Happy I'm still trying to figure out who some other people are. It's great to see so many friends I haven't talked to in a while. Thanks to whichever friend it was that pointed me toward this forum.
Ryken
ludicrous cynic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, 8 months and nearly 100 posts after joining this forum, I notice the intro thread >< ooops. Maybe I should come out of the FF section from time to time, huh?

Anyway, My name is Drake and I live in Norfolk, Va, where it seems many of you may have spent some time. I am not Navy, however, I am a home theater installer. I have 5 month old twin daughters, and am also happily married to another twin. o.O My wife's twin sister is married to Daden, whom most of you FFers probably know.

FFXI is the first and last MMORPG i have played, and I dont see myself stopping anytime soon either. I first came in contact with BeB after about a 6 month hiatus, I came back to find my old LS gone. I was in that LS with Ranzz and Lucrezia, and Luc was now a sack so he gave me a pearl. This will definitely be my last LS and I have really enjoyed playing with an older, more grounded crowd, who have the same responsibilities at home and work that I do.

That is all.
Srah
Migrant
Migrant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: ;D Reply with quote

Howdy! I"m Srah, Midget's sister. I hail from Marion Springs, MI! =D I"m a gamer of all sorts, if my computer were more able I would be playing FFXI. Xenogears is the best game in the world and I will stand by that 100%, FF Tactics is solidly staking the 2nd, Tales of Destiny a close third and suikoden 1&2 holding down spot 4, Legend of Dragoon has 5th.
I own the cutest dog in the world, even though Midget will argue he does. And together we own the best Cat in the world, Steve. She is literally the best. Very Happy
I"m probably the biggest nerd I know. D&D, video games, Magic: The Gathering, books... and I"m proud of it as only someone strong in the nerd force can be! =< haha
word.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Smitty
Brigadier Aspirant
Brigadier Aspirant

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bubbachuggins wrote:
I plan on doing just about the same thing as Madhatte except with animals.

That has got to be the the scariest comment I have heard all day.

Former Nuke ET from CVN-71 (AKA Hellish nightmare beyond all reckoning)

I finally decided to regester here because just about anybody I care about keeping in touch with is a member. I dont do much online gaming. Im currently playing Sid Meiers Pirates (cuz pirates pwn ninjas don't try to disprove this, its been well documented thru the years) and Stronghold2. Most of my spare time is spent smoking weed by the pool and grilling in my boxers. (ask the local preachers wife) Im a closet gamer I used to play D&D a long time ago in a galaxy far far away (not to mention Im a Starwars geek) I tried Star wars Galaxies but quickly grew tired of spending 15 bucks a month wandering the galaxy accomplishing nothing. I also love paintball and have managed to spend a small fortune on this hobby. Ok well thats about it.

“The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.” -Thomas Jefferson
A_Gay_Robot
Migrant
Migrant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:51 am    Post subject: just another nuke.... Reply with quote

So hi everyone, my name is luke, im 23, will be 24 soon.
I'm a nuke here just like, it seems, everyone else. I, unfortunately, am not yet an ex-nuke. i have 620 ish days to go =).
Anyway, i don't play online games anymore because they completely consume me when given the chance, so i stick to games i can play alone and save when i have other, more important things to do(like chase girls or drink excessive amounts of liquor). so haven has been trying to convince me to join WoW for a little while, but i am skeptical about doing it, simply because i don't want it to take over my life... Let me extrapolate a little more on that.... I played dark age of camelot for a few years. I was to the point that i would not leave my room for an entire weekend. I would order pizza and have the delivery boy pick me up a 2 liter of mtn dew on his way over, then just tip him extra. Worked out really nicely then.. but the social life was almost non-existant, which means NO SEX... so i said to hell with that. =)
So.. some things i enjoy are: the beach, playing pool, (of course) chasing hot girls, heroes of might and magic 5, and a good game of chess occasionally.
I read alot of your intro's, so i'd just like to say hi to all of you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SaintSmythe
Squatter
Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm. Am I really here? Is this some kinda like Navy/former Navy forum?

I'm Patrick ******, age 24, spent two years in A school at Fort Meade training as a JO before getting kicked out for alcoholism, depression, being overweight, and getting run over by a car. I currently work as the night manager at a 24-hour convenience store in the murder capital of America. Nice to meet y'all.

Oh, and I followed Hatte here. Blame him.

-Real name edited by Lee
--Lee's edit edited by 'Hatte
Tzalik
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject: This is me Reply with quote

Hey All, I was onboat the TR when the inseption of the BEB began. I didn't have a laptop, buy I supported the crew of both sides with witty jabs at their inneptitude. I know Mojobacca, Mongolio, Glistam, Haven, Hatte... and if I used to know you and don't now.. send me a message so we can talk.

Anyways my name is JOSHUA, and I am looking at getting in touch with

R eal friend that I had back on the boat.
I am currently playing a lot of WOW. Mojo and Glistam tried to get me
O n here for forever, I finally joined a month or two back and am already
R unning a pen and paper game via the internet.
D rop me a line and we'll catch up on old times. I have
A lways been a gamer, I'll play anything I can get my hands on.
N evermind all the details, just PM me and let my know how ya are.

Mutants & Masterminds PDF here
theangryintern
Settler
Settler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, i just found out about BEB yesterday from Glimmersby. We chatted on AIM last night after not having talked to eachother in over 3 years. On to the intro:

I'm The Angry Intern, or Josh in that thing called RL. I was also a "guest" on the floating hellish prison known as TR from 99-03. I worked with Glimmersby. I didn't know about the BEB at all while I was there, though.

I got out of the Nav in May '05 and now am currently working for the Antichrist, according to Glimmersby. Otherwise known as NMCI. I know how most squids and jarheads feel about NMCI, but it's a job and it pays the bills. And it's allowed me to stay in beautiful San Diego after I got out.

As for games, I play WoW, i'm on Hyjal Server (PVE) my main is a lvl 60 undead mage named Darkhelmet in the Drunken Monkeys guild. I also have a 53 dwarf hunter on Spinebreaker that I'm planning on moving to a different server soon. And then I have various other alts on hyjal and other servers.

I also play Day of Defeat on the Frenchy's Pit servers, where I am one of the admins, although I don't have much time to play these days. I also sometimes play BF2, but that's about it for online gaming.
apoopyhead
Lurker
Lurker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twisted Evil hey haven and fyredancer! it's apoopyhead, mishlai's wiffey!
Fredrick
Settler
Settler

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject: Participant of LocalParty.Org Reply with quote

I goombled onto this website when looking for political forums some time ago. I joined. Nobody kicked me out so far.

I am a participant of Localparty.Org, a California based political organization with three goals. The most important goal to mention here is delivering education about political structures. Not much information is given by the parties in power about how they got us by our tails (though we all feel the pinch).

Blue Elephant Brigade is a good site with lots of intelligent (and funny) people. I wish we could all free our tails.
Thoron
Migrant
Migrant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: Hello Everyone Reply with quote

My name is Thoron and I play on the Lakshmi server. I have played and met several of you so far but I was directed to this site from the one and only, Ana. Seems like a bunch of really nice and knowledgable people from what I have seen so far so Im sure I will enjoy myself here. Im twenty two years old (just had my birthday on Sept. 27th ^^) and Im a senior in college. My current field of study is Political Science but it seems I am enjoying Psychology more so I am attempting apply to graduate school for it. Anyways, I have a lot of interests including basketball, football, final fantasy (of course), and anime (guilty pleasure I suppose). Hope I see everyone around sometime. Keep it real and stay chill. Very Happy
Chanell
Migrant
Migrant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought i would introduce myself.

In game name is Chanell. Real Life name is Kathy. I'm on Lakshmi server.
I'm a single mom to the most wonderful 8 year old son. I work for the Police Department in Texas as in Investigation/surviellance section.

I been playing FFXI since it came out. Had quit for awhile and came back. I think I'm enjoying the game more this go around. Maybe cause the server is alot nicer than the last one I was in. But found it on Lakshmi is hard to find a really good Linkshell. So far I am liking ClanBEB. Very Happy Thanks for my Parade Gorget tonight!!! I love it!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Spam and New Members All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: