The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Introduction thread (Please introduce yourself here)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Spam and New Members
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Loupy Lobo
Brigadier Rookie
Brigadier Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everybody. It's me, J Rod. Most of these clowns know me from that floating dumpster, the Big Stick up your ass. At one time I was the Teller to Madhatte's Penn (two clowns that can make magic) and the Waldorf to Ren's Statlor, (review Muppet Show if you are clueless.)
Now, for the moment anyway, I live in Colorado, I love the mountains. I work for Intel (buy AMD.)
I'm active in capoeira. I game solo (no computer at home.) I'm a console loser: 360, XBox, PS2, PSP and Sega Genesis (yeah, no kiddin'.) I'm a comic book guy, (mostly Marvel.) I'm somewhat of a Star Wars geek (but I don't care if Greedo shot first or not, I'm over it,) and I hate LOTR. And for those of you that know me well, I still believe that red heads are demons on sabbatical from hell.... and yet I'm still hopelessly addicted to them. Just not the same one y'all met.
Urple
Lurker
Lurker

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smitty: "Im a closet gamer I used to play D&D a long time ago in a galaxy far far away (not to mention Im a Starwars geek)"
Yeah, I'm gonna have to write that one down. I'm very disappointed in you.

I'm also a Navy Nuke except that, unlike many others here, I'm a Navy fag and I like my job. I know many of the fools here but I don't know all the names. I'm from upstate GA and am currently serving on the Biggest Stick you can shove anywhere you don't want. I also answer to O'MF'N.

I got off Evercrack about five years ago so you won't see me posting on MMO forums. I mostly enjoy the console games (Halo 2 and Gears). I do spend a lot of time rendering on my PC though. And I'm not a closet anything when it comes to Star Wars, Bab-5, or Star Trek. I'm also on crack (some others call it "Lost"). Oh, and, if anyone is interested in quotes, I've got some files laying around. Speaking of which: Hatte, have you made any electronic versions of your books? Lemme know if you have.
PersephoneBlue
Settler
Settler

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I'm Kristin..I've been kidnapped by Trassin and forced at gun point to join Blue Elephant Brigade..He's has some dillusion that I'm his girlfriend or something. He is demanding that I write something about how awesome he is. All I got is that he's got a great butt. Anyway. I like threateing people with butter knives, anime, reading, and watching hours of educational television in hopes to become ruler of all humans. OBEY THE FIST!
cahal
Migrant
Migrant

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I'm about 4 years late to the party.
My name's Jacob, and I used to be on the TR. I got out in 2005, and I took a job as a I/C Tech at Fermi Nuclear Power Plant in Michigan. I live in Toledo, OH with my wife (also former Navy Nuke) and 3 kids.
I remembered BEB from back in the day, and wondered if it was still around. Gotta try to figure out all these aliases now...
mach71
Migrant
Migrant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the newest member of the brigade (that doesn't want to give you free gay incest stories, or do I?) allow me to take this moment to introduce myself. I too was sentenced to 4 yrs aboard the tr (98-02) as an et, and know most of the cast of characters that joined the brigade for reasons other than FFXI.

If you have an Xbox live account, a PS3, I'm mach71, shoot me off a friend invite. If you play guildwars I'm mach seventyone.

Rock Band for PS3 is my current fav.

I'm currently living in Conshohocken, PA and I work as an Electrician/Electronics Tech at the ArcelorMittal Steel mill here in town.

No wife yet, tho I got myself a fiancee for Christmas last year.
chowda
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm Jim. I was on the TR. My highlights since leaving in 2003:

* Went to NPTU Ballston Spa

* Set my section's endurance record at Trotter's the day after mids on $1 draft day. Pulled a 8:30am to 1:15 am shift. A cop told me to get in my car and go home. I walked outside, puked, and hopped in a cab.

* Was fired as LPO for getting dressed to go home 15 minutes early during T-Week. Would have kept the job if I hadn't seen my LCPO, climbed over the lockers, jumped in the shower, and pulled the curtain.

* Lived in Rex Djere's house for just under two years. Enjoyed watching him attempt to mow the lawn from the second floor window. It looked like a gorilla got ahold of an etch-a-shetch.

* The Navy cut a deal in order to get me out of a DUI completely. No joke, there's zero record of it (I even ran an arrest report, it's gone). Unforetunantly, the other half of the deal was pain.

* Broke up with my girlfriend in Saratoga after getting out in late 2006 because she was moving home to Binghampton. I decided to travel before settling in RI and finding a job. I wound up going to England, Scotland, Canada, and parts of the south. Spent two months housesitting in Florida.

* Decided to take up a friend's offer in Saratoga and crash at his place during horse season last summer. When I got back, my ex-girlfriend had been in town since February. We briefly got back together.

* The following happened in the span of 48 hours: my car's engine exhaust blew off, my laptop's input jack burned up, my girlfriend broke up with me, and my friend disappeared (he went UA for 29 days because he couldn't take working at S8G anymore). I shut myself off from the world for roughly two months. To be honest, I didn't mind being a shut in.

* Went back to RI, couldn't find a real job, chopped wood and worked at an accountant's office.

* Recently moved to Boston where most of my newer friends are and where the tech jobs are.
carney
Migrant
Migrant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy crap, I coulda swore I posted in this thread...oh well.

I'm Carney

- Worked on the floating crappile with a lot of folks here (99-03), hung out a lot with Tzalik and Glistam at first. Then they left, and I kinda lingered around outside all of the Brigades/Legions/Whatever. Mostly stuck to my PAPER CLIP beliefs, and dealt with the crap as it came.

- Best getting out of the Navy story: My fiancee (now wife) and I were having Household Goods move our stuff to FL. They spent an entire day boxing up all our crap and putting it in the Mayflower van. Early the next morning, my wife and I receive a phone call from HHG that the Mayflower van containing our stuff was rear-ended by a carpet truck late the night before and burned to the asphalt on U.S. 58 in Suffolk. My wife had always said she wanted us to have a clean break from the Nav

- Got out, moved to Tampa area, and worked as a residential electrician for a year...almost got killed 11 times in that span.

- Finally went back to school, and got a job in a field that I love...radio. Granted it's pays crap, but I get apid to watch sporting events, and I don't ever have to pay for them. How bad can that be?

- Currently I run the Tampa Bay Rays Radio Network and during the winter, work as a news reporter and anchor. About as far away from nuclear power as possible...and I couldn't be happier.

- No MMORPGs on this end, but I could be open to joining something in the future (I'll be sure to ask for advice when that time comes)

Mongo edit: Carney-bitch!
Veritech
Lurker
Lurker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*chimes in*

hola, name's Veritech and i blame Glistam for leaving the door open and letting me in! beyond that ive gone from roleplaying far too much to not nearly as often as id like and have segued here first because of Mutants & Masterminds, and now because frankly, i can.

Interests are most things geek, but heavily into comics, movies, and RPGs. For all those interested, i currrently (and probably always will) play City of Heroes/Villains and at the moment Warhammer, you can also find me on XBox live as Technodox. now excuse me... i need to reengage the lurk.
Annabelle
Migrant
Migrant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hola,

Annabelle here. I arrived here knowing Chase, Jamie, Guy, Torrie......hrm did I miss anyone? Met them playing WOW some time ago.
itznicker
Lurker
Lurker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:33 am    Post subject: introduction Reply with quote

Hey everybody,

I'm a former ELT on the CVN 71. Recently finished my ME degree and am employed in eastern PA. Those that may know me include trassin, hatte, and chimaera (among others whom I have no idea what their nick is...).

I don't really have time for computer games, since I have a wife and kid on the way... but I used to enjoy a good round of Call of Duty back in the Navy days.
Derkaberzerk
Lurker
Lurker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last post was from Aug. 26, 2009 so I thought that I would necro the heck outta this thread.

Hi I'm Drew. I was on the TR like a lot of people here (that's how I heard about this forum). Got out of the Navy back in 2007.
Most of the people I know from here were close to getting out when I was just arriving onboard so it's been a while. I am
currently a reactor operator at a small research reactor in MD.

As for MMO's, I've only played WoW and RIFT but I am super excited about Star Wars : The Old Republic which I will post in that thread shortly.

EDIT: To answer those who may be wondering who the f I am, if you were ever on the TR, you would have know me as Blaze, The Blaze, Blazer, El Blazo, or some similar name.
Mishlai
Brigadier Survivor
Brigadier Survivor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I should have a post in here. I'm Lance. I was never on the TR because the Navy told me no when I asked to unvolunteer subs. I was a nuke electrician on the Tennessee, spu in Charleston, etc.

I met Haven in Charleston back when I was barely staff and he was still a student on a different crew back in.... what, 95? We've been friends since. Apart from FyreDance and ChaosAlex, the rest of you have never met me.

I'm 37. I game and am generally geeky. I live in Asheville and own a tiny business doing technical shit. I pronounce my name "mish-lie", though some people go for "mish-lay". Mish is probably the easiest thing, and hey, it's a text board. You can mispronounce my name all you want and I'll never even know!

I like to take my pet zergling on long, romantic walks in Azeroth. Unfortunately he's on a different server now.

Fucking act like it.

"The stars died so that you could be here today" - Lawrence Krauss

"The universe is huge and old, and rare things happen all the time." - Lawrence Krauss
MrNix
Citizen
Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sweeps up cobwebs, blows off dust and applies oil to all the squeaky places*

It's been a l-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-ong time since I last posted, so figured I'd just reintroduce myself again.

Prior Marine Infantry, now AF Aroemedical Evac.
Been friends with Glistam since 198*mumble*.
Used to post here a bit, got busy, upgraded to a new pc and never got around to adding the site back into my favorites until about half an hour ago. I'll try to stick around a little longer this time.
Corvo
Lurker
Lurker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Hello from Danbury, Ct Reply with quote

Hello all! I found this site though my business's web site analytics page. One of you posted about a fundraiser I am having and I just wanted to say thank you to whoever it is. Thanks all! Glad to be here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> Spam and New Members All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: