The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index The Blue Elephant Brigade
Games, Anime, Movies, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Patch day today
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> WoW - World of Warcraft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:04 am    Post subject: Patch day today Reply with quote

Are you prepared?
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To spec 6 80s, 4 of which have DS? Not at all.

I like a lot of the changes, but there are a couple that I'm pretty meh about.
"People really donít like to hear success explained away as luck ó especially successful people. As they age, and succeed, people feel their success was somehow inevitable. They donít want to acknowledge the role played by accident in their lives. There is a reason for this: the world does not want to acknowledge it either." -- Michael Lewis
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patch is nearly 5gigs. I love the talent tree changes, though.
midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I love the talent tree changes, though.

I mostly agree. Not being able to hybrid at all until around 70 will feel odd though.

It's also pretty ballsy of Blizz to so drastically restructure so many different classes, game mechanics all at once and then retrofit them pre-xpac.
"People really donít like to hear success explained away as luck ó especially successful people. As they age, and succeed, people feel their success was somehow inevitable. They donít want to acknowledge the role played by accident in their lives. There is a reason for this: the world does not want to acknowledge it either." -- Michael Lewis
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DS?

I'm probably going to have to figure out my DK now that Blood spec is the tank spec. I'd MUCH rather stay DPS with her, so I get to experiment with Holy or Frost for that. Yay...
Core meltdown (commonly known as a meltdown) is an accident scenario in nuclear reactors, and is one of the possible modes of failure for light water reactors, during which the reactor pile turns into a pile of reactor.
---RationalWiki

If Jesus had existed, his DNA would have been 99% similar to that of a chimpanzee. Or you. You're 99% Jesus.
-- RationalWiki
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frost DPS is an absolute blast.

DS = Dual Spec.

And hoenstly I think the talent tree change was one of the greatest things to ever happen to this game. It's brilliant.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree about Frost DPS being good. I just haven't figured out a good rotation yet. That and I can't afford glyphs yet on my DK as I just got WoLK fast flying on my Hunter, so none of my characters has much money.

I'm expecting a nerf on my BM hunter at any time now. Pre-4, my pet (with as much mend pet bonuses available) could survive an elite that was a level or two above me. At 74 (when my pet was still 73) Post-4, I sent him in to fight a level 80 elite with Mend Pet up constantly, and his health never dropped below 85%... I'm going to try to take some trash in the Nexus tonight, I think, just to see how it goes. Oh, and I think people overrate Kill Command. It costs 40 focus with a 6 sec cooldown. If I spam Arcane Shot (25 focus with no cooldown), I do probably 4 times the damage in that same amount of time with Arcane.

Healing Druid: I was honestly dreading logging in my healer until I tried it last night. Lifebloom is the defacto heal for healing tanks. It used to be 700 mana, 6 sec duration with a big heal at the end and you get refunded half the mana cost stacking 3 times. Now it's 157 mana at 69, 10 sec duration with the big heal (that's even bigger HoT and end heal) stacking 3 times BUT only one target can have it on them at a time. That's gonna be a booger for me to get used to. BUT! HoTs crit! WOOT! It's rare that I get through a full HoT of any sort without getting one or two crits. Example of awesomeness: I had a tank last night that had 14k hp at 70 running Utgard Keep. My triple stacked Lifebloom was doing about 900hp/sec with 1.4k crits and the big heal at the end critted for 13.5k hp. That's about 95% of the freaking tank health! AND!!! And talented Lifebloom applies Refreshment! 157 mana per cast with 1% mana per 10 sec returned means I can lifebloom three times and before the HoT is down 4 or 5 sec, I'm at full mana. Rejuv is a little more expensive than it used to be, but that's acceptable. Regrowth HoT is 6 sec down from 21 sec. Still, the big heal at the front end is pretty large and talented it's +60% chance to crit.

Locks are actually fun to level 1-10 so far. My 10 lock does better damage spamming Immolate than spamming Shadow Bolt. Heck, it does better than starting with an Immolate then spamming Shadow Bolt. Looks like the DoT from Immolate either isn't refreshed with later applications or it just doesn't reset the timing. I spam Immo as it's faster to cast, same mana at 10 and it's initial damage is slightly higher than SB. I haven't had to sit to eat or drink at all yet. I can pull a group of 3 even level mobs, immo each 3 times and be at 70% mana still. I hope that continues for a little while at least as Drain Health is pretty poor (4-5 health/sec) at that level.

I dusted off my 22 holy pally last night, too. She was still in the Ghostlands. Got talents set and my bar set up for offense. I solo'd one of the two wandering level 20 quest elites with ease. Word of Glory is OP in the extreme. Especially with the talent that gives you a permanent mini Beacon of Light. Exorcism has no cooldown now. Spam it to pull, Holy Shock, Judgement, Crusader Strike. If it's a normal mob, it's probably dead by now. Chain this until out of mana, then drink. HS and CS both give Holy Power, so just WoG when needed for healing. Health is never a problem for solo. Healing will be interesting. Looks like you will want to spam HS whenever it is up so you build Holy Power.

Whew. I haven't tried much of anything else yet...
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've put all my time into playing my Fire mage, and am really, really enjoying it a lot. I've taken advantage of reforging to reforge a bunch of mastery onto my gear, it's so cool.

I'm considering playing my hunter now that there's Focus.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is it that with the DPS mail Chest and Shoulder Heirloom pieces, my Enhancement shaman does better damage spamming Lightning Bolt than closing to melee range? This is without even using Flametongue Totem. And WITH using Flametongue on both weapons...

I figure it's because of Mental Quickness bumping up my SP, but seriously...
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akuma wrote:
I've put all my time into playing my Fire mage, and am really, really enjoying it a lot. I've taken advantage of reforging to reforge a bunch of mastery onto my gear, it's so cool.

I'm considering playing my hunter now that there's Focus.

Focus makes things SO much faster! I am specced both BM and MM. MM kills things slightly faster, but BM kills without a mob reaching me to damage me. That will eventually cause me to have to eat. Overall, I still prefer BM due to old bias.
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard BM is a lot more fun in a max level raid environment now, as well, while previously it was always knocked for being very boring.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even with an extra 10 focus for you and the pet, you still run out of Focus pretty quickly. On the plus side, your pet is still doing damage while you are waiting on Steady Shot's cast time.

I did, however, underestimate the value of Kill Command. It crits pretty often for me for 4k or so. And that's 4k worth of threat that is coming from the pet not from me. That's the key. Before the patch, level 80 growl would be damned near impossible to regain aggro from my pet. Now it's not incredibly difficult with two crits in a row (SS and Auto Shot).
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kill Command is amazing.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just realized I've been doing a stupid... I've been buying purplez with my points from heroics lately. Most likely, the greens early on in Cata will outstrip these. I need to start saving them for stuff when Cata comes out.

Or will they start using a different kind of points for Cata gear? Anyone know?
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two types of points for PvE: Justice Points and Valor Points.

Justice Points come from heroics and will be able to be used to purchase lv83 blue gear that's pretty good.

Valor Points come from raids, as well as your first random heroic each day (this will become true in Cataclysm, you can't earn VP right now). VP is used to buy current tier epics. When a new tier comes out, all of your VP will be downgraded to JP, all gear that was available will now be purchasable through JP, and a new set of gear, with the new tier, will now be on vendors, purchasable with VP.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, the current tier stuff is purchased with JP right now?

I'm happy that I can't achieve the absolute best gear from doing Heroics in Cata. I know I'll never raid as I travel for work too much, but it's nice to be able to buy stuff that's a little lower with JP. That's why I need to knuckle down and knock out a bazillion Heroics before Cata to save up some JP for higher tier stuff than can be purchased now.
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything in the game right now is purchased with JP. Only current-tier Cataclysm raid gear will be bought with VP.
Mongolio
Brigadier Elite
Brigadier Elite

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, will there be better stuff that can be purchased in Cataclysm with Justice Points? Stuff that's level 85? Or am I going to be limited to boss drops in 85 Heroics?
---RationalWiki

-- RationalWiki
midget
Brigadier Veteran
Brigadier Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At release JP will be used to buy items of blue quality and they will be roughly twice as much as the current epics per piece.
Akuma
Brigadier Commando
Brigadier Commando

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It works exactly like honor points and arena points.

The current BEST gear is only buyable with Valor Points / Arena (now called conquest) points.

One tier below that is buyable with Justice points / Honor points.

When a new tier comes out, that new tier is now the best, so you need VP / CP to get it; the previously best tier now becomes buyable with JP / HP.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Blue Elephant Brigade Forum Index -> WoW - World of Warcraft All times are GMT + 13 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: